We thought it was Make Believe (POTCO: For Real!) - Prologue

zowieifechi

Sea Legs
"Are you armed, Isabella?" I asked her as we flew through the high seas on her Brig. I was playing the absolute best game of all time: Pirates of the Caribbean - Online; only the best game ever modeled after the movies. Catherine says she wants to meet Jack Sparrow someday...

"Molly!" Charlotte's voice is calling out from our video chat. Besides me, her, and Isabella Seaweather, Catherine and Janet Prowsharp were also in our call.

"I'm looking! Janet, steer towards that flagship over yonder!" I said, pointing in its direction. Janet gave me a funny look before chuckling a bit, then falling silent to focus. We were just about to swing aboard when a noise from behind made me turn. "Eliza, do you mind knocking?! We're kind of in the middle of battle here!"

Eliza McCutter stood in my bedroom doorway with a knife in one of her hands. "Are you playing POTCO again? You need to warn me about these things!"

I turned back to my game screen. "You don't even have a sword in game. I don't even know what that was about."

"I can still heal with Tonics, have you forgotten that?" Eliza peered at the video call screen. "Charlotte, is Dream not with you?"

She shook her head. "Afraid not. The girl's a level 50, she's got harder stuff to handle than us."

My pirate was a level 15, same as Isabella. Catherine was level 10, Charlotte level 8, Janet level 7, and Eliza was still level 3 because of her little sword issue.

"Captain, they know we be Pirates! Plunderin' will make them real mad."

I knew it hadn't been the game that had said that - probably Catherine. She loved quoting most of the things the game said.

Within seconds we destroyed the Flagship (and everyone on it). Everyone gave a rousing cheer.

"Hey, did someone defeat a ship in here?" a voice came from one of the girls' rooms. Charlotte turned as her sister Dream came and waved to everyone on the chat.

"You bet!" I said. "We're getting much better at these!"

Right when we were steering towards our next goal, a knock came at my front door. I wasn't surprised by that, but what did was when I heard the same knock 4 other times. From my friends' chat screens.

"Who could that be?!" Janet asked.

"And why would they all come at the same time?" Charlotte added. "We might want to go find out what that's about."

I grabbed my prized baseball bat from the base of my bed and stepped into the hall, inching towards the door with Eliza following right behind. As soon as we reached the end of the hall, inches from the door, I glanced at Eliza, and she looked back at me.

"Want me to answer it?" she asked.

I shook my head. "No, just hold this." I handed her off the bat and then went to peek into the peephole. "...hello?"

The door burst right open, as if someone broke it down. Startles, I jumped back, almost falling until Eliza helped steady me. We both looked at the door where the door was standing, seeing people dressed like pirates (wait... pirates?!?!?!?) in the door frame.

"Molly Heartstone? Eliza McCutter?"

Who are these people, and why do they know our names?! Eliza speaks these questions out loud, then adds, "Who do think you are, busting down other people's doors this way?!"

That's when they slowly advanced on us. Eliza swung the bat, but then one of the pirates took out a sword from nowhere and sliced it in two!

"What do you want from us?!" Eliza and I shrieked at the same time.

They all grabbed us and started to shove something into our mouths. We coughed most of it up, but there was something in it that made us pass out as they dragged us away.

Maybe if I stayed in my room we would have knows the others were taken too. Maybe we might have saved them, or the others that we didn't know of along the way. The only sign of trouble we ever heard were their last words...

"You're in big trouble, lassies."

Part 1: https://piratesforums.co/threads/we-thought-it-was-make-believe-potco-for-real-part-1.20729/

Last edited:
Back