Idea *WEAPON "INFAMY" OVERHAUL 2.0*

fKJTL9w.jpg
INTRO:
Hello and welcome back to Weapon Prestige Overhaul (now named "INFAMY")! After some serious pondering, reading, and creating, I now have a full and thorough proposal for my idea! This is my last installment for the foreseeable future, as my school is starting to kick in to gear so I won't be able to focus much on the game as much anymore. I wanted to get this last one going so I can see what your thoughts are on it before I stop entirely. So, lets begin! (Hold on to your hats, this will be very long!)

"INFAMY"?:
Before I go anywhere, I gotta explain what "Infamy" means. "INFAMY" stands for "prestige", which is the actual term of what this is. I am proposing that TLOPO should add in a "prestige system" into the weapon leveling system we currently have now. It's called "INFAMY" because it just seems more appropriate for the theme of the game. Now that that's clear, the next question you may have is, "What is a prestige system?"(I will be using TLOPO as a reference). A prestige system is where you take a weapon, and after you max out that weapon (Level 30), you may either leave it maxed out, or "prestige"(Remember, its YOU'RE choice). When you prestige, you basically go back to level 1 for that certain weapon, lose all your skills and skill points,(weapons will be non-usable), to re-level up those weapons again. A reward will be granted at the end of each prestige! It's fairly simple to be honest. If you don't understand, I have some images here that may help:

BTW! FOR MY IMAGES, "PRESTIGE" = "INFAMY", MEANING "PRESTIGE 1=INFAMY 1" JUST THINK OF IT AS THAT, THEY'RE THE SAME THING!
Part 1:
ia7epNZ.png
Part 2:
fbrVkYA.png
If you're still confused, my other threads may be worth checking out (Please don't comment on them, comment on here!): Part 1: https://piratesforums.co/threads/weapon-prestige-overhaul.21809/
Original: https://piratesforums.co/threads/prestige-system-overhaul.21646/

"INFAMY"!:
So now that you understand what a prestige system does, apply it to our game (The example above shows it for Sword) except for weapons only; Cannon, Sailing, Sword, Shooting, Doll, Dagger, Grenade, and Staff. When you reach level 30 with one of these weapons, you now have the choice to either "raise INFAMY", or stay at Level 30. When you "raise INFAMY", everything stated above happens. You lose skill and skill points, you will lose the ability to use certain weapons (you reset back to level 1, meaning a weapon that requires level x is no longer usable until you get that certain level again). Basically you have to re-master that certain weapon again, which is the whole basis as to why this system exists. For those who love leveling up weapons, this is your mode! For those who don't, it doesn't effect them in any way. But if you want to "raise INFAMY", you will be granted a reward at the end. But before I get on to the rewards, there are some details left for "INFAMY". One, is the names of each stage of "INFAMY". Two, is their icons.

INFAMY NAMES: I chose these names to best represent the grind it takes to get to them. If you have any suggestions, please comment. Here they are:
INFAMY 0: "Unproven"
INFAMY 1: "Proven"
INFAMY 2: "Proficient"
INFAMY 3: "Tested"
INFAMY 4: "Adept"
INFAMY 5: "Expert"
INFAMY 6: "Master"
INFAMY 7: "Prodigy"
INFAMY 8: "Distinguished"
INFAMY 9: "One of a kind"
INFAMY 10: "Infamous"

INFAMY ICONS: Infamy icons will be displayed right next to the infamy name. I will show you their locations in-game after. Now, I am no artists, and I used a cheap icon making program. Please don't yell at me. It took FOREVER to do this. They are subject to change/improve. Any suggestions? Leave it down below! Thanks!
Concept art:

RIxmPGJ.png
YnEZMAD.png
mXVDeOb.png
I5SM2VC.png
pMNGgOV.png
ZWEH7o7.png
Wt1rA6B.png
MxSvyMo.png
3x1gxEv.png
1XC5Jg9.png
DmMvont.png

Lastly, locations. Here are where these icons and names will show up in-game:
hrkk4J1.jpg
mvk20S9.jpg

PRIZES:
And now, on to the rewards. It took me quite some time to think of these. I am trying to get a balance of fair but still rewarding load here. These prizes are to incentive ANY player. I mean, you gotta like SOME weapon in the game, right? Anyways, these prizes are NOT universal throughout all weapons, meaning the prizes are for the weapon you prestige'd only. For this example of a "prize set", I used grenade.
9y16TGV.png

It took me a long time to make this, and it looks like a lot, but just bear with me. Prestige 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9 are all the same for ALL prestige prize sets, meaning your Prestige 1 reward is the same for all other weapons. Prizes 4, 6, 8, and 10 vary but only with small differences. Prize 2 however is straight forward. Prizes 4, 6, 8, and 10 vary only because they are dependent on which weapon you have prestige'd with. For example, prize 4, you get a shirt with a grenade on it. For sword though, you'd get a shirt with a sword on it. Prize 6, the potion multiplies your rep income by 3x for grenade rep only. Depending on which weapon you prestige'd though, the potion will change what weapon it does it's effect on. Prize 8 is the same as 4. And prize 10, probably the most controversial one, varies on which weapon you got to that prestige in order to make a custom card for it.
Now, a lot of you may think that the custom weapon thing would be broken, but it isn't really. 5+ stats is nothing better than a mid-tier famed weapon (I also forgot to mention that the boosts are capped at 3, meaning no +5 thrust for sword). I want to give a super good end goal for the grind it would take to get this, but it is subject to change. Lastly, you can only have one custom weapon for each weapon, e.i. only 1 for grenade, sword, sailing, etc. You may sell the card for 0 gold, but make another after that. And that's pretty much it for prizes. And the entire overhaul as a whole.

Final Remarks:
To finalize this rather HUGE overhaul, I want to thank everyone that has commented on previous posts, and showed support. I got this idea when chatting with some level 50's, and it popped into my head. I asked them about it, and they said it would be cool, and that they would support it. Now when I told them, it was rather vague, and by looking at the huge text + pictures above, it's now a very detailed and intricate system. The reason I am doing so much work and pushing this is because I believe that this is the way TLOPO should go. If it doesn't get put into reality, then so be it. I am completely fine with that, and as being a member of this community, it is my duty to show support no matter what happens. It is also my duty to express ideas and help others, and in this case, I so happen to have a huge idea that I think would be beneficial to the game, as the main purpose of this whole expansion is to add longevity and replay value into a game where, once you have maxed out everything, people get bored really quickly, and find no motivation to play the game at all.

My logic is: "If I am already getting bored of this game, but only return for the sole reason of nostalgia, what about new people that have never played the first game, get by the whole 'i'm bored' state of mind? They don't. They stop playing entirely because they are done, and the game has nothing left to offer."

Like I said, it's purpose is to add incentive for people to play the game more. This system should no way ever get in the way of any of any future expansions. If the devs want to add more levels, it's totally possible. The game now belongs to the community. We can decide where we go with it. My offering to the plate is this idea. What is yours?

Thank you all for reading a rather LONG essay. I know only a fraction of the people that actually play the game are active on the forums, but I ask to get as much attention on this as possible. There's only so much I can do. Please leave a comment below on your thoughts. Thank you.

Last edited:
Wow that was a lotta reading(i skipped some of it jaja) i got a little confused but the pictures helped. This idea sounds so cool! i love leveling my weapons up... it feels so great to see it go up and up for working so hard. And then in the end we can make our own weapon? A+ my dude!!! My favorite is sword so if i can make my own sword, i will be beyond happy! Sounds cool

Wow that was a lotta reading(i skipped some of it jaja) i got a little confused but the pictures helped. This idea sounds so cool! i love leveling my weapons up... it feels so great to see it go up and up for working so hard. And then in the end we can make our own weapon? A+ my dude!!! My favorite is sword so if i can make my own sword, i will be beyond happy! Sounds cool
Thanks brotha! Haha yeah, I feel ya. After finishing levels, the game gets quite stale. This is supposed to fix that, and add longevity to the game. I appreciate the support!

Feeling neutral about this since I don't fully see the need to have a system like this. In games like Call of Duty - this system is built on the basis that no new content shall be released until the year after (the new game). So it's basically something made to ensure you forcefully replay the game when it loses its replay value.

This might be a step back since it wouldn't be compatible with future expansions and increased level caps. And with future content guaranteed to come this would only be a risky addition to the game.

What I propose is this:

Let this be implemented as a monthly event (with different weapon branches) where multiple mastered pirates have to kill the most enemies, make the most rep and reach these weapon ranks you created. It would be reset every month and winners and participants would get rewards similar to those you mentioned depending on what rank they reached and how they score in the overall leaderboard.

The winners can get custom weapons or clothing (as well as some of the things you highlighted) to indicate that they previously won the event using a certain weapon (/weapons). This would provide enough incentive for other pirates to join future events like this.

Eh, it seems too redundant. Leveling may be interesting when you do it for the first time, but it isn't really all that fulfilling if you really get down to it. Doing it ten times over and basically getting to level 300 sword sounds really boring to me personally. Even with the prizes, it just seems lame.

Whenever I think of an infamy or "prestige" system, I think of player rankings. Why not have a player ranking conpetition lasting every week or fortnight, where everyone competes to kill the most high-level enemies, deal the most damage, etc. The top 10 could then get those prizes and emblems that you created. It still sounds boring to me personally, but I guess it could appeal to the competitive crowd.

Eh, it seems too redundant. Leveling may be interesting when you do it for the first time, but it isn't really all that fulfilling if you really get down to it. Doing it ten times over and basically getting to level 300 sword sounds really boring to me personally. Even with the prizes, it just seems lame.

Whenever I think of an infamy or "prestige" system, I think of player rankings. Why not have a player ranking conpetition lasting every week or fortnight, where everyone competes to kill the most high-level enemies, deal the most damage, etc. The top 10 could then get those prizes and emblems that you created. It still sounds boring to me personally, but I guess it could appeal to the competitive crowd.
Well, that's your opinion and I respect it. It's up to the player's choice to prestige or not. If you don't want to grind, then it's ok. For those who want to keep leveling, but don't want to keep making new pirates, this is made for them. Also, this system would work well with future installments because getting to "level 300" sword may seem boring in the game's current state. When we get more storylines and enemies, it would be great to level up on those. The simple pleasure of just leveling a weapon to me is so fulfilling, that when it isn't leveling, I just lose any motivation to use that certain weapon, and it bothers me that I do. As for player competitions, while that is a good idea, I'm trying to make something bigger then just some weekly events. Anyone can come up with that. Thanks for the feedback mate!

This idea is pretty well thought out! The only suggestion I can really give is the formatting on the post - it's kind of hard to read with all the font colours (I use the night mode personally, so the dark fonts kind of blend in and are hard to see.) I'd suggest keeping it more uniform - like only having the titles coloured, and the text remaining a more standard colour.

It's clear you put a lot of time and effort into this, well done! The idea has improved a lot! :)

Back