Weapon types - what is best & worst

Lazy

Sea Legs
This is merely a question towards weapon types for Swords and Guns, but any weapon is included. What weapon type works for what scenario/use, and if two weapons serve the same use, which weapon trumps the other?

nah, just that particular pistol and that particular broadsword
So excluding those, what weapon type(cutlass, Sabre, broadsword, pistol, musket, blunder, repeater, bayonet) is best overall?

I ask myself are blunders worth it? Are bays and muskets worth it?

for general use, which weapon type is preferable

So excluding those, what weapon type(cutlass, Sabre, broadsword, pistol, musket, blunder, repeater, bayonet) is best overall?

I ask myself are blunders worth it? Are bays and muskets worth it?

for general use, which weapon type is preferable
Right now, sabres and repeaters are probably the overall most powerful types, but there's a lot of variation as you get into more powerful items.

There is no real situational balance to this game at all, the weapon system simply doesnt go into that much depth. however, muskets and bayonets are not worth your time. As for swords, pretty much anything will do. staff and grenade are both decent aoe weapons ig but staff is prob better

I’d say broadswords are the best overall weapon type, you can attack any enemy with one and you can take on multiple enemies at the same time with one. Other weapons have their uses for sure, I happen to be lucky enough to have Mercer’s Pistol which does pretty much trump all other guns. Blunderbuss can attack multiple enemies and The Grand Blunderbuss is a fave for its take aim +3. As others have said, musket and bayonet have reloading and aiming issues that make them less desirable even though the top ones can deal good damage, they are pretty much an opening shot type weapon where you should change weapons after the first shot if the enemy doesn’t drop. It is my hope that weapons and enemies will become more specialized so that you will be pushed to carry a wide variety of types of weapons as new content gets introduced.

I’d say broadswords are the best overall weapon type, you can attack any enemy with one and you can take on multiple enemies at the same time with one. Other weapons have their uses for sure, I happen to be lucky enough to have Mercer’s Pistol which does pretty much trump all other guns. Blunderbuss can attack multiple enemies and The Grand Blunderbuss is a fave for its take aim +3. As others have said, musket and bayonet have reloading and aiming issues that make them less desirable even though the top ones can deal good damage, they are pretty much an opening shot type weapon where you should change weapons after the first shot if the enemy doesn’t drop. It is my hope that weapons and enemies will become more specialized so that you will be pushed to carry a wide variety of types of weapons as new content gets introduced.

How do you properly use Blunderbuss?

How do you properly use Blunderbuss?
It's best at boss groups since AOE does not yet work properly with it. Blunderbusses have high damage with fast charge up times, but they have a long reload time. They can also hit multiple enemies but with the way AOE for them works right now, I wouldn't recommend using them that way. If you shoot a group of multiple enemies and kill them, you will only get xp and loot from the front enemy that you had your crosshair on. This might be fixed currently but idk, I haven't tried it.

Yes. I love broadswords too!
It’s not that I particularly like/love broadswords I just see that broadswords are unquestionably the weapon that provides the most utility of any weapon type. Honestly I’m more a fan of sabres and repeater pistols but they are more limited in use and power.

I'm unsure where is the better place to ask this, here, or in-game/guild .. but we tend to get many types and levels of weapons, swords, firearms, dolls, staffs .. from enemies, and I am soooo confused which is/are, the better ones to hold on to .. Famed, Rare, Legendary, etc .. I have several Famed swords, broads and cutlass, cutlasses, .. cutli? and I have NO idea which to hold, which to sell, goes for daggers, rifles, pistols, dolls .. you get the idea .. I know, higher the level the better .. well, most times .. but is a 58hp +3 Firery cutlass better use than a 62hp +2 voodoo to heal self broadsword, or 64hp +1 hurricane Slash broad better .. same with 44hp 3 barrel silver pistol better than 55hp Bush pistol (all just examples) .. I have all the slots on at least 1st page of weapons filled with types like these and dont know what to drop/sell/keep. Keep in mind that many Legend weapons are 10 to 20 levels above where some of us are now .. yeah, a target to work towards, I get that, but I could sure use the 600 gold, or 425 gold instead .. And Dolls, dont even get me started there.. The ones we get from specific quests, Like Tia's or the like .. "Doll that binds Islands", etc .. different levels, yeah, tunes multiple pirates, orders favorite Starbux drink, improves Frames Rate .. and .. Cursed Doll?? (what does that even mean??), is it dangerous to keep, does it drain me? Does it mismatch my sox.. again??

I'm sure there is a wiki somewhere with each specific weapon (yeah,I know there is) but it doesn't say trade one for the other ..

Cliff Notes version: Is there a guide to WHAT to keep when we have a bunch of these? Is asking in guild better guidance?

Not ranting here (well, maybe just a little) :oops:

Anne

A lot to think about. I'd say to be a very effective player you will need a few weapons:
  1. A good broadsword.
  2. A Blunderbuss.
  3. A pistol or repeater.
  4. An Evil Eye equipped voodoo doll.
  5. If you want to do PvP I'd recommend a good cutlass.
You don't really need anything else but most ppl like to collect rare and powerful weapons of every type. I have at least one example of every weapon type even though at this point Muskets and Bayonets are not very good at all. As to which to pick it's sometimes hard, I recommend that you try them out before you dump them and also ask a more experienced friend if you you can. The developers are also changing performance on weapons, sometimes individual ones sometimes whole classes of weapon types so something that is not as good now may be later and vice versa, until we are out of beta things will be less predictable. Nades used to be a must but they've now been nerfed to the point where it's questionable as to whether they can out perform Broadswords and Blunderbusses even against the Gold Room. The main thing is that it's fun to have and use a variety of weapons regardless of their power and you will discover favorites that others don't care for. With 2 pages of weapons you have room for lots of stuff so I'd keep the best one of each type and then keep a few additional for the prestige or just fun. The Wiki is a good source for planning your inventory.

Ned Reddavis’ guides are very illuminating if you have the patience to read them, as far as which weapons have the highest dps. He’s currently working on updated and more complete guides but the existing ones are still very useful.

Back