Suggestion Website donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Retch accepts donations for a Disney product, they put all of the projects at risk of being shut down completely by Disney. They also risk a major lawsuit.

I'm afraid people fail to recognize this. (And no worries, I was just clarifying for anyone else reading).

Chris.
Thats why I am scared of it. I created an account on their website just to see what was going on but this is really bad. I don't want to see TLOPO going down because of Retribution. My guess is Disney most likely has a few people watching over all the different projects.

Hello,

As pointed out in prior posts, TLOPO is unable to accept donations for legal reasons, but that is not related to our decision not to accept donations on the forums. It should be noted that any project that accepts donations puts all of the projects at risk. We (Pirates Forums) have never accepted donations and we have no plans to do so at this time, though we do appreciate those who want to support us.

Davy

There's nothing really wrong about accepting donations. Lots of forum sites do it, even present forums dedicated to closed Disney games like Toontown. It's legal as long as it doesn't go toward the game. I can see why you may not call the another remake thing a "donation", but you're still helping the site/community out.

Again, it's nice to see all these positive comments. Although it may seem like a good idea, but I guess we need to stick to what TLOPO stands for. however, this discussion may have to occur once again in the future. :D :)

........We could start selling TLOPO shirts though lol (Just a joke)

I'm unsure of this discussion is referring to PF, TLOPO, or both - please forgive me if it is not about TLOPO.

We have received offers for donations from many in the community, and every single one is appreciated. Personally, it warms my heart that some are willing to spend real money in an effort to help out TLOPO staff with their endeavor.

However, we have chosen to not accept these donations. I think this excerpt from TLOPO's FAQ says it perfectly:

"The Legend of Pirates Online is 100% free. We vow to never charge anyone to play our remake of Disney's game. We are not in this for the money or the fame, we are completely non-profit and refuse to accept donations. We will pay the necessary costs for this game completely out of our pockets. Don't worry, we gotcha covered."

Thank you very much for being willing. That means a lot to us :)

Thank you very much for the answer :) Maybe one day!

Edit: Maybe one day Disney will allow donation for non-profit purpose

true but why bring up donations the day after another remake mention donations
I highly doubt there was any correlation between another remake's announcement and this question. The OP of this thread was just curious and wanted to know if this option was available for the forums.

Anyway, let's try not to start pointing fingers or create drama, please.

another remake came up with the idea sunday, and this thread was made yesterday . i don't have to say no more
Retribution did NOT come up with this idea first. There are many MANY forums out there that take donations. As I said in my previous post is that Pirates Online Forums is one that existed BEFORE close of POTCO that took donations. @Tom O'fury had a forums that took donations at one point as well.

Retribution came up with the idea... well, I'll not say anything..

Whoever started this thread does not work for TLOPO. AND BTW, this is a subject that had been brought up MANY times on this very forums for TLOPO to take donations. As @Cheysa Finn said it's not possible, though much appreciated that you all care enough to want to.

And re-read this post please:
Hello,

As pointed out in prior posts, TLOPO is unable to accept donations for legal reasons, but that is not related to our decision not to accept donations on the forums. It should be noted that any project that accepts donations puts all of the projects at risk. We (Pirates Forums) have never accepted donations and we have no plans to do so at this time, though we do appreciate those who want to support us.

Davy

Here is the original post:
Hello everyone,

I've read on the forum that you don't accept donations because of Disney's policy. I understand that you don't want any problems but I think you could accept donations for the website (hosting, etc). I don't think Disney would have any problems with that. Let me know if it is possible.

Ps: I remember that you used to do that, but I don't know why you removed it.

Thanks,
Simon

@SimTabouretski is not a staff member of either TLOPO or PF. So, for the last cotton picking time, WE did not come up with this idea after Retribution. In fact, I'm gonna go dig up the very first thread ever written here concerning this topic.

edit: I found it!
https://piratesforums.co/threads/just-out-of-curiosity.1850/#post-31150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back