Well Hello There....

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Silverhawk

Dockworker
Hi there and good to be heard.

You site looks interesting (lol, and somewhat familier) But, nonetheless, glad to see many happy Pirates!

seeing my new input and questions are limited... please let me get to the point.

You (who ever El-Leader is) and your administration here stated.....
"To help members promote and communicate our site in the game, you may now use 'PiratesOffline.org'."

Let me get this strait, your actually telling your members who are guests of the Disney Pirates Online MMO to
violate the rules of membership specifically given by a Cast member? (PiratesOnline Staff)

Do you think it is possible a Overseeing PiratesOnline Crew member might actually get wind of this and perhaps
come here and see your specific Pirates names, your guild names and affiliations and implement cautionary flags
associated with all beforementioned guilds and avatars in game to ensure your not breaking a explicit rule that has
been abused before and dealt with harshly previously?

Hmmmm... Well, This is strictly against Disney's TOS. Promoting web sites.
As any Pirates may do so, perhaps a change in compass heading regarding this directive would
wisely implement sound judgement.

Best regards and smooth sailing Mates!

Thanks for your concern.

Let me get this strait, your actually telling your members who are guests of the Disney Pirates Online MMO to
violate the rules of membership specifically given by a Cast member? (PiratesOnline Staff)
If you want to put it bluntly, bingo. We don't require or really even encourage people to do so, but it provides those who wish to promote the site with a simple alternative. The majority of pirates here were brought here from within the game. Some, who (keep in mind) were already promoting the site in-game were having difficulty getting people to the right place. We definitely encourage anyone who does promote the site from the game to do so with caution and keeping in mind we aren't liable for anything that happens as a result. If that scares anybody, they simply just don't have to mention the site while playing. I have said it numerous times without any trouble.

Disney's TOS was designed to keep children safe. Bearing that in mind, the reason Disney discourages the exchanging of 3rd party websites from within the game is because they don't want legal responsibility for anything that could happen. While it may be a literal violation of the rule, this site doesn't pose much of a real threat. Additionally we require members be at least 13 to join.
Do you think it is possible a Overseeing PiratesOnline Crew member might actually get wind of this and perhaps
come here and see your specific Pirates names, your guild names and affiliations and implement cautionary flags
associated with all beforementioned guilds and avatars in game to ensure your not breaking a explicit rule that has
Nope, not particularly. Pirates with same names are allowed to co-exist, even in the same guild. There is no guarantee that any Pirates listed here are accurate representations of a Pirate from the game, they are in no way tied to Disney accounts, and as a corporation it is extremely unlikely that they would be willing to use unverified data from a 3rd party site as evidence in taking action against one of their paying customers. We don't require anybody to list their pirates or use their pirate name here either (though it is nice for in-game recognition), so if there is any concern just don't associate your account here with your pirate in any way, shape, or form.

Additionally, to quote directly from the house rule regarding the matter..
In addition, any discussion of Web addresses or social networking Web sites where personal information is, or can be posted or exchanged, is not allowed.

Personal information can be exchanged here no more or less than it can from within the game. Users have the option to report any objectionable content here.

nice and enough said as per Davy :D and besides i think maybe a few employees would probably endorse this site as it is a site for pirates to be able to let they're hair down and breath it's non-intrusive and everybody here is of a like mind...have fun chat and share tips tricks and tell stories...if i were an employee of Disney (which i'm not) i would say continue folks love the threads great reads for most of the glitches let me see what i can do about those.( like a real employee would say)

In addition to what Davy pointed out, doing so would only result on discouraging members from posting their "real pirate". Which otherwise is bad or worse,
as it would encourage pure anonymity, real trouble makers if any, would not be accountable for their actions.

Add to that as Davy said it is very unlikely, it also would show no professionalism.
Say I could add a pirate that I truly dislike as per say in an example, would that account be compromised, and be affected? this loop holes could easily be exploited. I hope this clears up that point. In addition it encourages further abuse.

This is a family oriented site and by using this site you are also agreeing to respect all our members privacy and not aggrieve them, doing so would trigger a bridge of privacy

I would also like to say if anyone is uncomfortable handing out the site's address in game, feel free to ask me to come and do it, so there is no risk for yourself.

Disney is a lot looser about moderation than some would like to believe. Exchanging websites is "frowned upon" but in reality it goes without penalty in the large majority of cases. I have never received any sort of warning for it, but can understand some won't feel comfortable sharing it.

Once again - this is in Disney's TOS - Your members and site showing your love of the game is greatly appreciated.
Unfortunatly, that has nothing to do with breaking Disney's TOS. Were you not warned?
Let me say again, perhaps a change in compass heading regarding this directive would be a better course to head in.
There is a good chance the specific domain names your group is continually using are generating ongoing red flags and
notoriety of disregard to the TOS?

Once again - this is in Disney's TOS - Your members and site showing your love of the game is greatly appreciated.
Unfortunatly, that has nothing to do with breaking Disney's TOS. Were you not warned?
Let me say again, perhaps a change in compass heading regarding this directive would be a better course to head in.
There is a good chance the specific domain names your group is continually using are generating ongoing red flags and

and if ya have a problem then dont do it. its not like hes saying for example hey you there if you dont promote this site ill term your forums account. its a personal choice

A few off-topic posts have been removed.

I acknowledge it is against the House Rules, if that's what you're looking for?
Was I not warned of what? I have been playing Disney online games since 2002, I am well aware of their rules, it is not news to me. Again I will say that is a rule to cover Disney's back legally. It does not mean it is appropriate to maintain in every situation. Obviously, no matter how I or anyone else feel about the rule, it will be enforced. As such, people violating the rule do so at their own risk.

I will reiterate further, we are not forcing anyone to do anything, so there's no 'compass heading' for this 'directive' to change in the first place. I certainly do not try to hide the fact that you can get banned for violating the rule, so if you feel uncomfortable doing so, don't.

I, for one, am genuinely unconcerned.

If anyone would like to continue this discussion, please do so in a conversation with me. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back