Discussion What are the weird/funny moments you've had in POTCO/TLOPO?

Swash

Pirate Apprentice
For me in POTCO I went to I think level 15 (1 below the cap for non-members) without ever getting my first ship. I was young at the time so I had no idea what I was doing, so I just got on random ships and did random shenanigans.

When I first started I thought pirates with their heads down/afk were afk and that it was where their pirates stayed until they logged back on.

When I 1st was in tormenta a friend kept doing the "hey over here" thing so I kept attacking what they were attacking, I didn't know it was a skill and not them really wanting help :p

When I first played POTCO, I remember unlocking my gun and I sat there shooting Barbarossa's monkey

I remember I was talking to one of my friends in the guild chat. He happened to have speed plus chat while I had open chat.
So to test whether he could see what I wanted to say, I typed in a bunch of spam and sent it. Everyone in the guild saw the spam, and one of my guild mates said "What in the name of father pitchforks does that mean?"
I was laughing so hard afterward I was crying.

There were many times when a bunch of us kept trying to meet up to loot at Blanco. Usually our ships would glitch. When we ported, whoever wasn't driving would be stuck under the ship, so then we all had to sail separately. Then we all kept DC'ing either on porting or shortly after getting there. It seemed like everyone took turns DC'ing and finally by the time we all got to the island, most everyone had to go, lol. Another great time at Blanco was when the lag was so bad that some of us kept freezing and getting TKO'd, it was pretty funny :D Missing those times! Good friends, good fun <3

It usually happened at Blanco with the same friends ^^ @Jack Fireshot and Dan @Davy Darkrage @Seahawk @Rapidfire Sebu @TrustedX Jr. @X Jumper @Garrick @Samuel Calicoswain @Rabbit N' William @Trailblazer/bobdog @Lordbacon @Dog McMenace and Felix @MikhailSkulls @Jack Stormgrim @Johnny Mak @Tony TPang @Keith Liang @Lil Savage @thomasfirebraker @Kelly Sunratte and so many more, sorry if I didn't tag you.
I'd love to lag with everyone at Blanco again if we had to! :D

I might be odd in thinking that lagging and getting knocked out is funny, but just being back with friends is the fun part, and whatever happens after that is a bonus.

I LOVE this thread!

One of my igno-potco moments was when I was first playing and I didn't understand the notion of 'pirate friend' and 'player friend'. The Guild Master of the first ever guild I was in must have player friended me because when her brother logged in he was on my friends' list automatically. He would randomly strike up conversations with me and and I had no IDEA who he was. I was nice and chatted back. Turned out we had a lot in common and topics of discussion that we both enjoyed. Who was he? @Jason Firewalker , my future partner in crime with whom we created the Dark Archive! The rest is history.

A second ingo-potco moment was when I was about level 30 or so and thought I knew the game pretty well. I had purchased a pretty decent ship and put it on public to go looting the seas. I had a good crew and we loaded up the ship, ported, repaired, went back out again. I didn't realize that the two SVS islands were different and when I ported there and launched the entire crew complained. I didn't understand why my sails were suddenly colorful and what I had done that was so wrong to cause such an uproar.

Another funny moment was when I was on a ship with a crew and they ported at Outcast Island. Those stumps scared me and I was literally screaming back to the ship!

One of my favorite POTCO moments was on running around on old Port Royal with a few good friends (one of which I found out actually went to my school at the time (we actually had the same class together and neither of us knew that we were friends on the game until the end of the school year). Another fond memory was looting Blanco the day before the game closed with a good friend of mine, Meg Treasureburn (if I remember the last name correctly :confused:) lol

Back