Sailing What Are Those Things!

C

Crashalot

I'm calling these glitches, and they're quite common, as I see them every time I sail.
But what exactly are they anyway? Hybrid warrior class ships?
Seems unfair to tag and team up like that, because you have to shoot both at once, even if you don't want either the hunters or the warships and want to focus on one type only.
Now, with a lot of skill, and adapting to the "new" sailing AI, they can be separated for brief moments here and there, but even when you do, it seems the hunter will always zoom up at near-light speed to shield the warship and take the hit, forcing you to eventually sink one or two hunters along the way.
The hunters are easier to shoot, especially since the AI favors your broadsides shooting in every direction but where you want them too, especially the rear-end shots!
To enable the rear-end shot, simply sail straight, line yourself up with a regular enemy ship and open fire. Your broadsides will invariably NOT aim at the regular enemy and instead shoot right out yer rear, where the hunter or warship awaits.
It's an interesting feature I'm guessing the devs had to make so the game would be more challenging, and mission accomplished; it is!
Savor the unholy warrior ships!

unholy unions.jpg

Here's what a typical run might look like until you've mastered the "keep 'em separated" skill;

screenshot_2017-08-12_15-17-20.jpg

And finally, when you are a master at this challenge, your hunters might look something like this poor fella...
One shot from a freebooter level 1 would have sunk this one.

screenshot_2017-08-13_19-55-31.jpg

Attachments

• screenshot_2017-08-13_19-55-31.jpg
    screenshot_2017-08-13_19-55-31.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:
Does the old EoW tactic not work? I haven't had the time to TLOPO since before sailing and weapons came out...it used to be the easiest way to mat run back in POTCO.

Does the old EoW tactic not work? I haven't had the time to TLOPO since before sailing and weapons came out...it used to be the easiest way to mat run back in POTCO.
I don't know if the end of the world scheme works.
I don't enjoy shortcuts and workarounds when playing the game, any game.

UPDATE
OK, someone told me the edge works fine, like the old days, but that everyone does the mat parties instead since it's quicker!

Back