What do you hope to get out of POTC: OST?

Captian Fear

Pirate Master
:ahoy:Hi there mates! So the hour is upon us. Years we have waited for a sighting of the Pearl. For months we have heard whispering of mermaids and zombies. And now our prayers have been answered. Jack Sparrow has finally sailed off to find a new treasure... and I know we will follow.

But a question for ye mates. What makes you willing to sail through the Alantic, trek through jungles and duel the vile Blackbeard? Tell me why you want to sail with Cap'n Jack on Stranger Tides.

As for me, I plan to see something I haven't seen years. No, not swashbuckling action. Nor the voluptuous Angelica. What I hope to see the Pearl back in the hands of Cap'n Jack. I remember back when Jack first met young Will Turner and they tried to take back Jack's ship from Barbossa. I felt a sense of piratical pride as I saw Jack at the helm and the Black Pearl sail off towards the horizon. But this happiness did not last. Jack conflict with Davy Jones, made him end up in the Locker with the Pearl. With his friends off to save him, Jack then had to fight off Jones and the East India Company. What does Jack get when he wins? Marooned on Tortuga! I want Jack back on the Pearl and sailing for loot. I hope OST will grant me this.

So tell me mates, what do you hope to see/happen in OST? Post below, tell me what ye know!

Just bring me a swig back from the fountain will ye mate?? I been aging lately and I don't like it but one swig from that fountain would send be back a few years. Good luck sailing with Jack mate. But I ye do make sure to talk a lot and get to be a character like Gibbs and that short dude and the guy with the parrot so that when a disaster happens you don't die. anyways bring me back a glass I will enjoy it mate!!!

Amidst all of the excitement concerning On Stranger Tide's premier tonight & for this weekend...I will be waiting patiently for the same thing as you Captain Fear - the helm of the Black Pearl back into the hands of witty Jack Sparrow.

Also, I feel the addition of mermaids within the film will sustain my interest for a long time as...Um...Well, I have been "out to sea" just a little too long, Aye?

Blackbeard-McShane.jpg

But...& who am I kidding? I WANT to see Blackbeard himself and whether or not the notorious stories told about him are true as they say.

I must be one of the most uninformed and ignorant ppl when it comes to Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I didn't know the story much - even after watching every one of the previous ones - didn't remember much, and don't want to know much about this one ahead of time. Just surprise me!

One thing I can't fathom; Blackbeard was supposedly the most notorious pirate back in the days - from what I heard, which was not much according to my own statement up there - so who the heck was Jack Sparrow in the real history? A real made up character ... I mean, Blackbeard was legendary, and I'm not sure he really, really lived in real life back then. It's about time to bring in the real legend.

The PotC team did nice with this. They also tossed in a lie about Blackbeard. To my knowledge, the setting of On Stranger Tides was about 1750, (or 1650, i forget) when in reality, Blackbeard died in 1718 (or 1618, again, i forget which) after his ship was surrounded at a dock. The Queen Anne was then taken by america, and is currently on display in I believe North Carolina.

Yes Blackbeard died in 1718 and the movie took place in 1750. But Blackbeard supposedly evaded his captors or even returned from the dead. Jack mentions his demise in his conversation with Blackbeard in his cabin.

I liked the movie.. i mean.. u cant go wrong with pirates, and im rly glad that they were able to make a new one considering Keira and Orlando quit the cast :'(

I must be one of the most uninformed and ignorant ppl when it comes to Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I didn't know the story much - even after watching every one of the previous ones - didn't remember much, and don't want to know much about this one ahead of time. Just surprise me!

One thing I can't fathom; Blackbeard was supposedly the most notorious pirate back in the days - from what I heard, which was not much according to my own statement up there - so who the heck was Jack Sparrow in the real history? A real made up character ... I mean, Blackbeard was legendary, and I'm not sure he really, really lived in real life back then. It's about time to bring in the real legend.
There wasn't much of a main story for the first 3. They had little stories all over. So the 4th one clears that up with one main story.

Back