What everyone's saying??

Kate Goldwalker

Fairy Tail Girl
I was wondering... Would there be a way that we can have an area where we see the latest Status messages?

Almost like a ticker, like on CNN, but not running at the bottom of the screen. It would update with each new addition and would be separate from the area we already have that updates us on the latest comments posted to threads/so and so has a new avatar. I know that the status updates show up there, but with all the additions made to topics, we kinda miss them. I personally love reading what someone else says on their status, but I'm too lazy to click on every member here... we have well over 1k members.

Anyway, just a though about separating the Status updates from the topic updates.

O_O! I didn't even realize it went away ... since when? Maybe it's just a glitch, or intentional, Davy?
The statuses update that Kate is talking about has never been here. What she is requesting is a separate area for statuses and then one for other updates.

And Kate, I like that idea!! :) Whether it is doable or not is another question... ;)

My "recent activity" went away for a while (must be my screen glitch), I thought that was close to what Kate was suggesting. But I like the idea too. I've seen it on another site, I hope it's not becoming a copy, or if it is, we could make it better. :cool:

The one we have now is Recent Activity. It lets us know who posted on what topic, who changed avatars, who posted on someone's profile and the occasional Profile Status Message.

My thought: Change the Recent Activity to Topic Activity and only show any changes to a topic; and add Profile Activity where we'd see avatar changes and any messages posted on a profile by the owner or someone else.

Or we could just have a filter directly on the Recent Activity feed. (All, Topics, and Profiles)... clicking on one would filter all the content into the specified filter you chose.

Well there's always ways around filters.
Not sure if joke.

Anyways, I like the filter option, in combination with making the recent newsfeed update live.

Until I can figure that out, there's always the full recent activity page https://piratesforums.co/recent-activity/ that lets you go back in time a bit. Though I'm pretty sure status updates will be buried by all of the other things.

I was wondering... Would there be a way that we can have an area where we see the latest Status messages?

Almost like a ticker, like on CNN, but not running at the bottom of the screen. It would update with each new addition and would be separate from the area we already have that updates us on the latest comments posted to threads/so and so has a new avatar. I know that the status updates show up there, but with all the additions made to topics, we kinda miss them. I personally love reading what someone else says on their status, but I'm too lazy to click on every member here... we have well over 1k members.

Anyway, just a though about separating the Status updates from the topic updates.
lol smart that would be sweet!!!

Back