Question What Graphics card do you have?

Luna Storm

Forum Mod
Hi all!

I'm looking into getting a new graphics card to upgrade my PC. I dont need (and tbh, cant afford) the newest and best card but just want a good one to play TLOPO smoothly.

I also know many lag issues are not exactly related to the graphics card but mine is pretty poor anyway so could do with a better one.

What graphics card do you have and please could you tell me what FPS you get on average in TLOPO. For example what is the average FPS when doing loot/mat runs on abassa? Whats the average FPS when you are on a quieter server with your graphics card? How about invasions?

Tyvm to anyone who responds and helps ne make up my mind on what to purchase.

Hi, I use this PCI-E 4GB Radeon RX 550 (DDR5) Sapphire Pulse video card and there are no problems, I didn’t check the FPS values, so I advise.

Ahoy @Luna Storm,

My current rig is running an ASUS ROG-STRIX 1060 6GB GPU, and with my current settings

(Note that I have animation smoothing on in the General Options Menu, all other graphics that aren't displayed in this image are disabled.)

my FPS average for the following activities are:

Abassa Runs:

Quiet Servers:

Invasions:

I don't currently have a Screenshot for Invasions, but I stay at an upwards of 48 FPS until the later rounds, where I typically drop into the 38 FPS area.

All the above FPS Photos were done through the MSi Afterburner Program rather than the built in FPS interface, as it tends to be more accurate.

My current GPU is nowhere near the current market standard, but is more than well off for playing TLOPO. In combination with 8GB of DDR3 RAM (For you techies, you'll know this is outdated.) and an i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, it's more than enough to run the game smoothly in most scenarios.

The average price for my GPU at the moment seems to be placed around $400 USD, however you could most likely get it cheaper after browsing around, or waiting for a holiday to roll around.

Hope this helped! <3

EDIT: I'm hoping with the 64 Bit Change that the TLOPO Team plan to do in the coming months will also allow us to remove the 60 FPS Cap on the game's framerate.

I'm running a Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070. It's quite overkill for TLOPO technically-speaking.

You'll run into more bottlenecks with the way POTCO had configured the game client before you will with your own graphics card. POTCO (and now TLOPO) relies more on the CPU - it does not fully take advantage of the processing pipelines that GPUs provide. This is why folks with modern gaming GPUs still get low framerates in TLOPO.

My recommendation would be to purchase a card with at least 1GB of VRAM, of course being mindful of what resolutions you want to drive (1GB should be more than sufficient for someone with a standard 1080p display, though).

I currently own two NVIDIA graphics cards:
  • GeForce GT 730 @ 2GB of GDDR3 VRAM
  • GeForce GT 1030 @ 2GB of GDDR5 VRAM
I wish I could provide some stats but I fear it wouldn't be an actual representation of their performance. Right now, I'm really limited to CPU resources but from what I can recall, everything run smoothly on a quieter server I was on with the latest visual enhancements enabled!

If you aren't in a hurry and on a tight budget, GT 1030 might just be the right card for you. It costs around 80$ and offers adequate performance for TLOPO. My next computer arrives late next week, it is built from the ground up with today's technologies, component to component, so I'm expecting to have a better insight on what is going on with that card then.

In my opinion, you don't have to spend much money on a video card if you know exactly what you are going to use it for. Though given the recent TLOPO texture overhauls and possible future graphics updates, it might be wise to get a card that offers sightly better performance than you need. Just to be on the bright side! ;)

(P.S.: I'll provide more info regarding GT1030 in a couple of days.)

Unless youre playing graphically intense games like GTA and such, the GT 1030, like Mark said, is perfect for under $100. Now if you dont mind going up to about $150, there is the GTX 1650, and that will handle just most games out there.

But if all youre doing is playing MMOs (or MOBAs like Dota), then the GT 1030 is perfect.

Back