Glitch What is up with damage?

Beggar

Pirate Master
After many hours of laborious computations, I have arrived at this conclusion..

something about this:

dmgwhat.jpg

and this...

dmgwhat2.png

just don't add up :/

Yeah the display damage has always been wildly inaccurate. Could be a lot of things, but the display damage is probably either calculated separately and therefore generates another random number, some kind of desync between the client and server (honestly don't know how this could happen unless theres some kind of weird anticheat check with damage dealt), or some other weirdness. Or all three!

It generally seems like the displayed damage numbers are accurate to what damage the weapon should be allowed to produce given the enemy, but as you are saying the displayed values are not being applied properly to the HP that we can tell an enemy has.

It generally seems like the displayed damage numbers are accurate to what damage the weapon should be allowed to produce given the enemy, but as you are saying the displayed values are not being applied properly to the HP that we can tell an enemy has.
Yeah, that’s what makes me think that it’s a simple logic error of a function being called twice instead of once. For instance, there might be a function which is suppose to be called to calculate the damage dealt in a hit. It’s likely called once for doing the actual damage, and another time for displaying the damage. Instead of being called, value stored and then passed to whatever function deals the damage and whichever displays the damage. This could explain why both values seem to be valid damage values for the weapon in question but do not match.

I really don't think anyone playing the game even knows for sure what the damage numbers and colors mean all over the screen during action. Even the wiki doesn't explain concisely what you're seeing. But it's a beta.

I really don't think anyone playing the game even knows for sure what the damage numbers and colors mean all over the screen during action. Even the wiki doesn't explain concisely what you're seeing. But it's a beta.
I've actually made numerous comprehensive guides that show how the damage numbers are calculated and testable. Check them out in the Guides and Tips section of the forums if you want to know more.

Last edited:
Back