What is your favorite type of ship?

• Sloop

• Galleon

• Frigate

• Brig

Results are only viewable after voting.
T

Tobias Deckcrash

Tell me what your favorite ship is and even the upgrades you would prefer for it!

I think Frigates are pretty slick and pretty, but Sloops are probably my favorite to sail. However, I always look for Galleons when I'm trying to hop on a Public ship. As for Brigs, I never really saw the appeal in them.

My favorite is 1. War Frigate
2. War Brig
3.War Sloop
4.War Galleon

In POTCO I had a Skulls and Bones War Frigate, Stormchaser War Sloop, then I had a cargo 2 War Brig (was going to get it to Fortune Hunter but game closed)

In order from favorite to least favorite:
Galleon
Frigate
Sloop/Brig

For the record, I don't dislike any of these at all. They all have their own little interesting quirks that I like about them, but I put the galleon first because it has decent enough armor to fight, and enough room for plenty of loot, which was usually what I wanted when sailing. Plus, once I had a good crew, I really didn't notice much damage difference between the Frigate and the Galleon.

The Frigate was best for when I was sailing and shooting ships alone, because most of the time it would take me longer to get a ton of loot without those extra broadsides.

The Brig... imo, it doesn't really fit unless you just literally do not know what you'll end up doing when you set sail, or you plan on doing many different things without switching ships. I never ended up using it very much, but I hope to find something it's good at. (For example, it's my first alpha ship because I don't know what they are adding next in regards to sailing.)

The Sloop is the perfect little ship for getting somewhere quickly and taking down reeeaaally slow opponents. It just never struck my fancy since it lacked a large amount of cannons and cargo space.

Sorry about the long post...

tl;dr. Like 'em all, prefer a lot of cargo space.

I was always considered a crazy cause I loved the galleon. All I owned were two war galleons and a war sloop. War galleon was fave because of broadside--I had a lvl 6 Skull & Crossbones with maxed fury and steel ram (+3 critical hits on regular cannonballs) and I could board the Colossus usually after one broadside! Did I love that? Yes. I also always boarded with bejeweled broadsword, which once again had critical hits; for some reason I was a real fan of those. The broadside power and cargo were my reasons for enjoying the galleon, and besides S&C route I also had one I left half updated--lvl 3 cargo, which gave me 28 crates of space.

For sloops, it was all speed to me, so the lightning. Just had to really work on dodging since that had a pretty light hull.

For performance, I prefer the brig. However, for looks, I like the frigate. The power of the galleon and the speed of the sloop appeal to me as well. I cannot choose my favorite.

1. Brig
2. Galleon
3. Sloop
4. Frigate

I always liked the Galleons because they had such powerful broadsides. When the Brigs came out I immediately went over to them because I always was a guy who liked a ship that could do well at just about anything. If I wanted to sail alone the brig had plenty of speed and enough broadside guns to keep me happy. It also has enough crew capacity and deck guns to be a good enough ship when I wanted to take along a crew. The ship also had fairly good armor and health. It also seems more maneuverable and quicker to acerbate than all the other ships other than the sloop. I personally liked the fact that the ship 2nd in everything because that meant I could change my strategy very easily to over power other ships.

I liked the sloops because I also like to sail and do hit and run. Its hilarious when you can keep your self stuck to another players stern in SvS. I could do the same thing with the brig as well but not quite as well. The Brig was also a bigger target.

The Frigate I personally just hated this ship. The only perks about it was the forward firing guns and it armor. It did not maneuver to well and it was a ugly square looking nothing like a real ship. The forward firing guns could only really be used effectively on a galleon and another frigate. The Brig and the sloops could simply out maneuver it and out run this is really a problem when the brig has very similar firepower and armor. A frigate does not do well when a Brig sits on it stern and blows it apart with 5 deck guns and 11 broadsides.

1. Sloops- speed and maneuverability make sloops the best for SVS
2. Brigs- good all around and looks piraty
3. Frigate- armor is great and having the most deck cannons is vital
4. Galleon- obviously has great firepower but I don't like how its slated and how slow and big it is

I prefer spaceships if given the choice, but in-game, the War Brig is by far the most versatile, not to mention best looking, along with the war sloop.
Now the War Galleon has the most cargo space (and why wouldn't it with that girth and superstructure), and the War Frig has like 2 more cannon (and is the silliest looking ship in the fleet, IMHO), which of course brings us back to the War Brig; the best all around ship.
When I solo, I prefer the War Sloop, when plundering on public, the War Brig.
Savor it!

Back