What New Features Would You Like To See On Potco.

Really, I like "ALL" of the suggested ideas! In the past, I have mentioned the weather/hurricane suggestion to Disney along with the presence of "parrots" :parrot: and use of "eye patches," :eek: lol.

~ Within this poll, I vote for OTHER & suggest that, at sea, Disney bring forth the KRAKEN! I have been waiting for 2 years now but, still no sea creatures (despite 'mini-game' efforts).

I keep thinking about it &, without shouting too loud, "I want the Kraken," lol.

"I want the Kraken," lol.

Back when the game first came out, I was watching a video of the Pirates crew working on the Kraken story line. I saw a little 3D animated clip of the Kraken picking up and throwing a pirate off of a ship. They said they will be releasing it soon. However, lo and behold, they are either still in the progress of making it, or they have given up due to too many bugs.
EDIT (Dec 8, 2010 6:44 PM):
"I want the Kraken," lol.
I found a video on Youtube that might answer some questions. I didn't have the time to watch the entire thing, but it explains a little about Disney's failure to bring the Kraken to the game. (The voice is apparently computer generated)

I really like your idea of the enemy boarding the ship before we sink, because we always board other ships, but they never board us!:arrrrr:

How would this work? What if we are fixing the ship ? We will be doomed and lose the loot.

I would like to see it rain. wind, thunder and lightening. Water that splashes up onto the ship. Maybe a light snow. Like snow flakes. Water that washes up onto the Docks when the it rains. i would like to see fire pit on the beach for pirates to huddle around. Something that happens monthly or weekly but not all the time.
:popcorn:

I would like new ship or customizing our own ship. Disney needs to beyond 700 mb requirements though and i think they should because they would have more freedom to adding stuff.

I know that there was a kind of poll about this before, but I wanted to start on where you can just put anything out there! Please think of something new that could be added, not just fixing glitches, although we all know that needs to happen:facepalm:

Personally, I want to have the ability to talk to other player ships while sailing. It would be so nice if we could click on another ship and be able to contact the captain and ask them for assistance or permission to come aboard their vessel.
Also, if we were to sink in our ship, I think they should do something like the KO, but if there is a nearby ship, they can come to our rescue and bring us aboard.

Thats a great idea ^

I would just like harder enemies... Like lvl 60's, but not like the rage ghost. And if they're taking away the coin emote then we're going to need some new ones :eek:
I think they should also work on raising the level caps.. again. It's so boring because I'm killing all these things and getting zip :xbones:

I agree I would love to have higher enemies as well.
I think they need to raise the cap again too. I was on a famed weapon streak but now I'm getting rather bored with just trying to get famed weapons... It seems that is all I had to do...All I have left to do is master potions and sailing and well, I really am not ready to do that. Blah... :(

trading and big ships oh and a lvl cap raised to lvl 70 or something
EDIT (Dec 13, 2010 8:38 PM):
I know that there was a kind of poll about this before, but I wanted to start on where you can just put anything out there! Please think of something new that could be added, not just fixing glitches, although we all know that needs to happen:facepalm:

Personally, I want to have the ability to talk to other player ships while sailing. It would be so nice if we could click on another ship and be able to contact the captain and ask them for assistance or permission to come aboard their vessel.
Also, if we were to sink in our ship, I think they should do something like the KO, but if there is a nearby ship, they can come to our rescue and bring us aboard.
u used to be able to talk to other ships but u cant now lol

I would just like harder enemies... Like lvl 60's, but not like the rage ghost. And if they're taking away the coin emote then we're going to need some new ones :eek:
I think they should also work on raising the level caps.. again. It's so boring because I'm killing all these things and getting zip :xbones:
Aye tougher enemies would be nice. I hear that the new enemies that they are adding in Raven's Cove really aren't that high. I don't want another island with harder enemies, just harder ones put in places like Kingshead, Padres, Tormenta, or Raven's Cove.
A cap raise would be nice, although I'm just getting close to lvl 50! :p
A walk the plank feature that works in regular sailing and not just SVS.
Yeah! That never made any sense why they would give you the ability to boot people from your privateering ship and not your actual ship when looting. Maybe they think that some people would boot everybody before docking and get all of the gold to themselves, but they could just make it so that when somebody is booted they are given their money.
u used to be able to talk to other ships but u cant now lol
Really?? why did they take it away?

Aye tougher enemies would be nice. I hear that the new enemies that they are adding in Raven's Cove really aren't that high. I don't want another island with harder enemies, just harder ones put in places like Kingshead, Padres, Tormenta, or Raven's Cove.
A cap raise would be nice, although I'm just getting close to lvl 50! :p

Yeah! That never made any sense why they would give you the ability to boot people from your privateering ship and not your actual ship when looting. Maybe they think that some people would boot everybody before docking and get all of the gold to themselves, but they could just make it so that when somebody is booted they are given their money.

Really?? why did they take it away?

idk but if u got near another ship and u said something in local ( back when u could see ppl on the other ship ) they could talk back

I saw and a post on the other forum and someone suggested being able to buy a home on a island for players and the only that could have access were friends and crew or guild if invited. hmmmm

I agree that weather would make sailing far more entertaining, as long as it was not stormy all the time. Going below decks and being able to customize the interior is also a fabulous idea.

Another idea might be bartering. Allowing players to barter would provide additional entertainment with, what I assume to be, less programming input. I assume that this would not be graphics intensive, build a market, or "Barter Island." A drawback would be that one player could barter between their pirates and build a massive weapons chest. This could be problematic with multiple account players as well. So to fully assess this idea, some sort of limits might be warranted.

It also might fun for us pirates to do the invading. A boss battle that involves a crew of pirates storming one of the forts might be the way for it to be implemented.

Just some random thoughts.

I agree that weather would make sailing far more entertaining, as long as it was not stormy all the time. Going below decks and being able to customize the interior is also a fabulous idea.

Another idea might be bartering. Allowing players to barter would provide additional entertainment with, what I assume to be, less programming input. I assume that this would not be graphics intensive, build a market, or "Barter Island." A drawback would be that one player could barter between their pirates and build a massive weapons chest. This could be problematic with multiple account players as well. So to fully assess this idea, some sort of limits might be warranted.

It also might fun for us pirates to do the invading. A boss battle that involves a crew of pirates storming one of the forts might be the way for it to be implemented.

I'm totally with you on the ship customization, which is something that Disney has been saying that they would do for a LONG time. Going below deck would be totally awesome!!! It would be nice if they would make sea battle a little more difficult. If they did that would give more reason to customize the ships, and you could have a captain's quarter where he can plan and give orders, and more repair stations could be below deck. Of course they would only make sense if sea battle was more challenging.
Aye! I'd love to do a pirate invasion! I'd totally kick butt! :D You could do it so you have to invade a fort and kill the boss inside once you get past the guards etc

Great ideas Jack, would love to be able to customize ships and really like the idea of pirate lead invasions. Kingshead would be a great place to invade. Very nice post Jack. ;)

Back