What New Features Would You Like To See On Potco.

Great ideas Jack, would love to be able to customize ships and really like the idea of pirate lead invasions. Kingshead would be a great place to invade. Very nice post Jack. ;)

Thanks Charlotte.

I can't take credit for the customizable ships. That came from someone much earlier in this thread, and I think it is a great idea.

I'd like:
1. for the pirates to be able to actually sit down, not just stand up and run.
2. to have pets, such as dogs, or monkeys, or parrots.
3. to be able to communicate between guilds; maybe between two guilds (members of one guild to members of another guild), with permission of each guild master.
4. to be able to trade weapons and clothings with fellow pirates. I sometimes bought a pretty expensive coat or pair of boots and got the exact same things on the skull chests. And I'd lose money if I sell them to the gypsies since they didn't sell for the same price as I bought them.

Personally, I want to have the ability to talk to other player ships while sailing. It would be so nice if we could click on another ship and be able to contact the captain and ask them for assistance or permission to come aboard their vessel.
I remember when we had this ability to see and talk to players on other ships. I believe they took this away due to players griefing other players in local chat. Also back in the days before boarding permissions, griefers and freeloaders were able to board your ship at sea this way without being in your crew or friends list. They would sail up to your ship, click on you or a member of your crew open your card and then TP to your ship. Taking away the ability to see or chat to players aboard other ships removed those issues without the developers actually having to fix the issues that were being abused, sort of similar to their solution of taking away the coin flip emote.

Also, if we were to sink in our ship, I think they should do something like the KO, but if there is a nearby ship, they can come to our rescue and bring us aboard.
This is a great idea some sort of revive feature could be added that would repair a friends damaged ship at sea or the option of rescueing the crew.

A cap raise would be nice, although I'm just getting close to lvl 50!
I'm against the idea of raising the notoriety levels again or raising levels required to master weapons. I'm all for removing the gold cap. I think a better solution would be giving us more slots for creating new pirates on our accounts, Say 8 slots for pirates per unlimited account instead of the current four slots. I have two mastered and two high level pirates on my unlimited account now and would love to be able to add more pirates as my current pirates become mastered.

Well I like to see what all of you mentioned and few other things added.Red Nations I remember the old days also and hated when ppl would just tp to my ship when it was full already.Someone go get ammo and could not get back.I think they should raise the level cap tho or at least put some quests that it would take a full crew of level 50's to do.

i think adding a guild flag to a ship is a great idea, and of course us girls want more clothes! But now for a boring addition, would be a fix of some kind to the friend invite, adding that someone can only teleport by asking the person first. No more surprise showups, and that way, you dont have to hurt peoples feelings by turning down friend invites.:piratemickey: Oh, and i do like svens idea, about adding pets, every pirate needs a parrot! :parrot: A pittbull or two would be nice also, (i don't go anywhere without mine!)

Well I like to see what all of you mentioned and few other things added.Red Nations I remember the old days also and hated when ppl would just tp to my ship when it was full already.Someone go get ammo and could not get back.I think they should raise the level cap tho or at least put some quests that it would take a full crew of level 50's to do.

yes sarge i agree. level 50 can be a bummer when you run out of things to do. finding famed weapons helps fill the void, but we need quests or someting. i have half a level on sailing and cannon to go, but draging my feet on that cause what then. after mastering everything it takes alot of fun from the game.

I'd like to see a fashion showso i can drool over all the clothes i don't have. I kid you not i sell my clothes only to get the same ones back. I see outfits on lady pirates and keep asking where did you get that. Nice hat you had on Charlotte tonight. Where did you get that?

There are always one or two whiny people on board when I'm the Capt or steering my friend's ship, wanting to port. I always tell the crew up front when I go for full royals. Rather than asking nicely through whisper chat, they scream over local chat. Then I have to tell them again the 'rules' or 'goals' of the trip. The problem is when I open my ship for public, ppl tp to my ship at anytime. It means that I have to tell ppl on board over and over again about the rules and goals. Sometimes it got ugly, and ... the ppl on board started to chew the Capt up (= me) and even called me names! I've read good suggestions on this thread: Capt's ability to boot them off the ship (yes, it's so strange that we can't boot them unless we are on SvS!), get them their shares of gold up to that point (so that their would keep their mouth shut, which I doubt they would ...).

And ... I think it would be nice for a Capt to have a "blank board" on top of the screen with limited character spaces, to type in rules and goals for the trip. That way, whoever boards the ship can read and - hopefully - won't ask to port all the time. And Capt doesn't have to go over rules like five times, and can concentrate on firing broadsides and getting the best loot!

BTW, does Disney POTCO really read these wonderful suggestions we have here, or do our Admins have to summarize and send them to Disney? The thread is getting too long and it would be harder to read ... and I'm afraid that good suggestions would get lost in the shuffle. Should we have a limit on how many conversations we have before we have to start a new thread?

Here you can write anything that you would like to see on potco in the future such as new weapons, mini games, etc.:facepalm:

I personally would love more islands. One of the islands should be a pvp island like treasurer suggested. Also, I like to be able to weild two swords,

The ability to let our pirates eat and drink and be merry...and use the bathroom too I suppose.

well considering disney really needs to step it up or else they are gonna keep loosing people I decided to bring my list of things that could be added here also list what you want added here

here's my list of what could be added:
kraken (may not be added soon)
ship customization
trading (got word from someone on the game who's dad works for them that it may be coming in the summer)
bigger towns alot bigger (we need big enough towns so that we can expand the port and actually be able to take out a dinghy and row into port and then be able to row out to our ships again)
navy patrols around town (can we at least make it seem like we are pirates here i mean come on we can just walk into a fort without being attacked)
walk on buildings
steal ships
player owned towns (captains cabin would make more sense but having a small little town controlled by you would be cool right?)
higher lvl enemies
raids and such where we have a chance to get good loot that you cant get anywhere else

i could go on but ill save the rest for later

color wheel back
awesome bodies back
old maps back
are own town or something.... (it could like cost.... 50,000 gold for a small island, 100,000 gold for a medium island, 150,000 gold for a large island, 200,000 gold for an extra large island. then we could spend gold to add shacks, bla bla bla)
more pirate THINGS (peg legs, eye patches, etc.!!!)
more hats
more shirts
more clothes in general
maybe get rid of a couple islands and add better ones....

i still want a famed barbie doll with a fast bass boat.
rolleyes.gif

Great thread, ill contribute (many of these you have already said ^.^)

• Player owned houses - Shack, Small house, Condo, Mansion etc.
  • Steal a Ship and Sell it! - (Example; Hijack a Sloop and port it for 200 gold)
  • Trading - (Example; Purchase 100 Silk cloths from Port Royal for 1000 Gold, sail towards Tortuga and sell it for 1200. If you are a trader, you will have a flag above your head and the color of the flag represents the wealth you are holding. Boats move very slowly depending on the type of material.)
  • Player owned islands - A guild may have a ability to take-over a remote island. (Example; Driftwood Island, Population : "x" 'x represents how many people you have in your guild'. The Monarchies can choose what to build in the island. A inn. Takes 500 pieces of driftwood, can be obtained by trading. And 24 hours. Add a Blackjack or Poker table. Full set of cards and 10 pieces of Driftwood. Things like that can give a wide variety of options for the Monarch, and guild mates. You can take over islands by having your guild attack an island. An island can only be attacked twice every month and must have a minimum of 25 guild-mates online to attack. I have much more to say, but I will have a seperate thread about this.)
  • Sea-monster hunting. You can obtain many loots such as , Garments, Legendary Weapons, Gold and Trade items.
  • Birds-nest, self-explantory.
Thanks for reading my wall of text.

Back