What song is stuck in your head? - Earworms

Punkin Pie

Pirate Lord
It never fails that I get a song hopelessly stuck in my head! Sometimes the song stays all day or longer and then gets replaced by a new song. Sometimes it's aggravating or annoying that it won't go away!

It's called an "Earworm" - kind of a disturbing term, but it's defined as:
"a catchy song or tune that runs continually through a person's mind" can also be known as "stubborn music" or "tormenting songs". How many times have you found your brain stuck on a song you just heard or replaying in your mind a jingle from an advertisement?

This week I had a lot of earworms! (that still sounds disturbing).
It started with "Rumpelstiltskin in a haystack" for a very longgggg day. I like this song but it annoyed me that I couldn't shake it! Then it changed to "I N D E P E N D E N T" (thank you Mack) for a day and a half!

I'm guilty of letting "what does the fox say" and "hello from the other side" and even the aqua Barbie tune get stuck in my brain. It might be the repetitiveness of these songs that make me weak.

If you think you're immune to this phenomenon, just take a listen to this:

If you're still resistant to the earworm.. try this one:

I'm sure you have been plagued by "Gangham style" or the "HAPPY" song or perhaps "We are the champions" or maybe the song from "Frozen", or another catchy tune.

Sooo.. What's YOUR earworm ?

This happens to me a lot but probably these mostly: Fancy- Iggy Azalea, Barbie Girl- Aqua, Blue- Eiffel 65, We Like to Party- Vengaboys, Mambo #5- Lou Bega, Baby Got Back- Sir Mix A Lot

:D

It's weird because a lot of the tunes that get stuck in my built-in Record Player are songs from movie soundtracks that I watched when I was a child, especially the movies my Dad introduced me to a long time ago. I don't know why, but maybe it's just the nostalgia?

Don't you (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds (The Breakfast Club)

The Power of Love by Huey Lewis and The News. (Back to the Future)

Look Through My Eyes by Phil Collins (Brother Bear)

Other than songs from movie soundtracks - another song that just grinds my gears is Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley... It's like my brain wants to continuously Rick Roll me...

This happens to me a lot but probably these mostly: Fancy- Iggy Azalea, Barbie Girl- Aqua, Blue- Eiffel 65, We Like to Party- Vengaboys, Mambo #5- Lou Bega, Baby Got Back- Sir Mix A Lot

:D
Can't forget never gonna give you up from my constant rick rolling :3

Saw this yesterday and this tune is stuck today..

Help replace it please! at least with something less annoying.

Back