Event  What Type Of Contests And Events Would You Like To See On Pirates Forums?

Would you like Pirates Forums to play contests and special events?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Helga thank you so much for the information. I will look into this, sometimes F9 only allows me one screenshot and then it won't capture anymore for awhile. Thanks again, I really appreciate it. :)

That's a "feature" of DirectX. If you use OpenGL as your graphics interface, the F9 key always works. (If you glitch through walls a lot, you may want to switch to a DirectX flavor, so you don't blitz your screenshots folder as much.)

I'd like to see a public calendar that most everyone can post to. So all events open to "public" or other guilds, can get their events attended from across many guilds. No committees, no conclave, no overhead - just a calendar. (No censorship!)

Sounds interesting idea, thanks for sharing your ideas Edward :) sounds pretty straight forward

Helga would like to see screen shot contests. Helga likes themed pictures and loves to alter images.

Examples:

- Helga did a "Snowman" contest on the Honorable Mates site. Helga says each member of the guild posted their funniest picture with the "snowmen" that were on the beaches for the holidays.

- Photo altering- take a POTC screen cap of your pirate and alter it to fit a theme designated by the person running the contest.

- Find the location - Someone takes a cap of an interesting location and the contestants have to find and cap the same location, first to find it wins.

Thanks Helga,

I like your ideas also, I think some of that might come, I personally like all these ideas

Helga says most welcome. Helga says it also negates the "c:/programs/disney...blah...blah...blah." Thing so your shots are cleaner. Helga says it also lets you choose the size of the save, giving you the chance, with cropping, to be more detailed.

Well, the guild vs guild idea seems to be an all-around wish. What if they put boarding privileges in privateering? Like we do on flagships. The ship with the highest score is the flagship, the opposition must board her to sink her.

If we do have contests on the game we could do activites like getting everyone who wants to participate on there ship and trying to clear the sea of ships or taking over kingshead it might seem complacated so that is why these are just ideas.

What about random Game Masters events? Like on the Fourth of July the Marceline Guild joins up on the docks and shoots off fireworks? Or like the cave stormings? Or stuff like that?

Ben....this might be the same thing you are talking about.... Do guild/pirates vs guild/pirates by weakening the other guilds/pirates ship and getting permission to board their ship and actually fighting the crew to the point
their ship sinks along with the crew. As we now do on Flag Ships. Then take their bounty....haha
That I think would be a hit! :rumgone:

yo raven, i can see on the leader boards that your guild is very strong at sea. i for one would take exstream causion if i found myself facing your cannons. keep up the good work.:flag:

Back