Discussion What's your favorite book?

Here's a pretty long and varied list: The Harry Potter series, the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, Ready Player One, To Kill A Mockingbird, and The Great Gatsby. I am excited to start reading some more Shakespeare.

I enjoyed reading the Chronicles of Narnia. It was given to me as a box set on my birthday by my girlfriend. I just wish C.S. Lewis would still be alive and publish more books about the world of Narnia. The way he created the world of Narnia is quite beautiful.

Last edited:
Travels with Charlie by Steinbeck - book, Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Coleridge - long poem ( 13 pages at least ), Anything by H.P. Lovecraft, If you like Harry Potter not the same but I recommend the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull

My personal favorite was a book that's considered an autobiography of Swiss psychologist Carl Gustav Jung. It's called "Memories, Dreams, Reflections". The book is over 500 pages long in my native language but I read it in 3 days. Jung is known for such ideas like Collective Unconscious, Archetypes, he introduced concepts like extroversion and introversion. He is known for having a profound interest in religion, mythology, and even the occult. He saw these ancient traditions and their practices as a symbolic expression of things like psychological development and the structure of the unconscious mind.

Back