Discussion What's your favorite quote?

"Dear Future Generations,
I think I speak for the rest of us when I say, sorry, sorry we left you our mess of a planet... ...It won't matter in the least,
because if we don't all work together to save the environment,
we will be equally extinct." -prince ea

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." - Edgar Allen Poe

"Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine." - Nikola Tesla

"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

"In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia." - George Orwell

"Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!" - Dr. Seuss

I don't know if you could tell, but I'm a little bit Dr. Seuss crazy. (Even if it's a bit obvious from my profile page) My all time favorite quote is also from him and is recognizable to most:

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind"

The second quote that lands on my list is from Nelson Mandela (South African freedom fighter)

"NO one is born hating another person because the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than it's opposite"

Found some new ones:
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um, easy both. I want people to be afriad of how much they love me. And I think I proved that today at the dojo." -Michael Scott

Found some new ones:
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott
"Would I rather be feared or loved? Um, easy both. I want people to be afriad of how much they love me. And I think I proved that today at the dojo." -Michael Scott
Michael Scott is the most quotable man to live on this earth.
Best TV show ever. Facts.

"Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"Wherever we want to go, we'll go. That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"I wish The Ring never came to me. I wish none of this had happened." -Frodo Baggins, "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." -Gandalf

Those be my top 3 favorite quotes! :D

"Do Not Judge My Story By the Chapter You Walked In On"
i saw this quote on the front page of a diary it inspires me alot when i deal with new people.

The sound of the mortars
The music of death
We're playing the devil's symphony
Our violins are guns conducted from Hell

From "Stalingrad" by Sabaton.

Also, a long quote from General Smeadley Butler in War is a Racket.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.

Last edited:
Back