Question What's your way of getting loot in fishing?

S

Scorpion

When you loot on land, there are some places that are better to loot than others, such as the mines vs. a graveyard. Lately, I've been seeing quite a bit of good loot (famed and brights) that are found while fishing, and it made me wonder if this was true for fishing too. Someone I know got a bright blue sack vest at level 28 from fishing, and a few have agreed that some sea areas are better for getting loot in fishing than others. Whether you consider fishing fun, tedious, something that you should master, or something that you don't need to master, it is part of the Raven's Cove quest and we all do it eventually. I would never have done it otherwise, but I found it actually not that bad. Post your ideas, experiences, or even any loot you want to show here along with where you were.

Hmm.. Let's see....

First, I agree with ya we all have to level up fishing because of Raven's quest. Personally I hate fishing, or at least I'm not a fun of it - even though I see many people prefer fishing than potions - but anyways...
When my pirate was like level34 I found a bright red sash while fishing, didn't know it was bright back then so I trashed it.. :facepalm:
Second, I think best fishing spot is around Padres or between those 2 rocks in SVS area. Many of my friends have found many brights there and legendary fishes.
What else....
Yeah about your question 'What's your way of getting loot in fishing', I don't have one actually, probably because I don't even fish much. I just throw as far as it goes, then Ocean Eye, then just trying to catch the fishes at the bottom of the ocean ;)

Thats all :fish:

Second, I think best fishing spot is around Padres or between those 2 rocks in SVS area. Many of my friends have found many brights there and legendary fishes.
Thanks! I'll have to try around there :)

I got a bright red cotton short sleeve at those two SVS rocks Irene was talking about. I would agree with here it is a good place to be at when fishing!

I've found brights dropping anchor in front of Cutthroat Isle and behind Kingshead, but I think fishing loot is random. If you don't get anything good or see legendary after a while, sail it somewhere else. ;)

From my own fishing experiences, I've gotten more brights from the small "bright" fish towards the top of the water and also from sharks :shark: :fish: :fish: :fish:

Not sure if this helps with loot but if you're wanting to haul up bigger big fish, hook a Shark or Goblin but let him break free near the surface. He will then proceed to EAT all the little fish. Once he's eaten a bunch, rehook him and haul him out. They tend to be heavier to help you set a personal best or just leave him there to keep little fish from bothering your hook.

Fishing loot by location is probably random but I have had the best luck in uncharted waters. If you do not see many good fish, just 'esc' out of fishing and start again from another spot on the boat. The fish below will re-set without moving the boat. Good weapons have been rare on my boat but fishing seems to be the fastest way to fill up my clothes closet.

"A bad day of fishing beats a good day at work"

Back