• Pirates Forums

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • A Friend

• YouTube

• Google

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Other. Where? (Please don't post links)

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Luna Storm

Forum Mod
I was so thrilled when I found out about TLOPO!!

I was on Facebook and to be honest not really interested in anything it had to offer me as it's mostly people using it as a diary posting things like ''Washed the floors and cleaned the kitchen'' and ''Taken kids to birthday party now for some peace and quiet'' and ''Took dogs for a walk'' and.. I digress.
While scrolling through I saw a post by the POTCO facebook group. This grabbed my attention because its been pretty much inactive since POTCO closed. The post was about TLOPO! I went straight to the site and downloaded the launcher :D
From the TLOPO site I found Pirates Forums :)

So where did YOU first hear about TLOPO?

Ty to all who participated!

Fair Winds,

L.S

My fella. He was a PotCO player. He found multiple remakes, including TLoPO some time ago and stalked all of them.

Last summer he started telling me about this game (PotCO) that he used to play and that ppl were remaking it. He signed up to play TLoPO as well as another remake that was active at the time, then around 12 months ago having decided that TLoPO was the one most likely to succeed and also had the best community, he started stalking dig spots here to find Beta keys. In April this year he found a 2nd key, which was when he dragged me over to try it out. We've been here pretty much every day since then :)

I found out about TLOPO (after they have merged with Pirates Online Rewritten project) from my co-workers here at forums. Their respective team was looking out for a home to encompass their voice and progress. And so, we're happy to be their official forum platform

I found TLoPO purely from having a sentimental flashback day and hitting google up to help out, and it was the first result to come up!

At first I found it when it was down for external users for a long time, but it kept my interest enough to keep checking back to see when it went live again. I wasn't too thrilled with the whole "sign up for a play time" deal, but happily it wasn't too long after that system went to the depths where it belongs! It's made excellent progress so far, and I'm sticking around to see where it ends up.

I loved POTCO as a kid, and after a hiatus was devastated to find that it was closed by Disney. I hadn't thought of looking for any remakes until several years later after listening to the Port Royal theme and reminiscing.

I looked up "POTCO remake" in google, and I was lucky enough to find tlopo.com and JDP youtube channel.

And I'm so glad I found it!

Back