Where's the last legendary?

Depart

Dockworker
Around a month ago 4 new legendary weapons were added, each looted from a specific boss.

So far we have found
  • Jack sparrow's blade - Darkhart
  • Mercer's pistol - Remington
  • Beckette's pistol - Neban
We've had no words or hints on the last one and where it might be, and honestly there's too many bosses to sit at and loot hoping that it's the boss that has it. I feel that it's time for at least a hint to put us in the right direction or maybe we can come up with some suggestions and get together groups to loot at some bosses that could potentially have it.

I'd love to find out what the last legendary is but it's kind of a rough find with very few people looking.

My gut is telling me it might be at Undead Timothy Dartan near Darkhart as he was explicitly mentioned in the patch that added these legendaries. He might drop a legendary doll of sorts, either Tia Dalma's Doll or Jolly Roger's perhaps. My other guess would be Devil Root, unless the two Blanco brothers on Cutthroat and Cangrejos share a legendary similar to Drench and Drizzle. Aside from this there aren't really any other high level bosses to loot that would be legendary worthy as Sandspine is quite low level, as is Dartan to an extent along with the other voodoo boss on Tortuga in the Misty Mire. I guess only time will tell though, so best of luck.

I have no doubt in my mind it's at Devil Root, but nobody is ever there farming him. I think most people have given up because they think it's some kind of lame weapon like a voodoo doll but there's no way of knowing for sure unless we find it.

Dartan, Hex, Devil Root, Blanco, and Jacques. These are all candidates - some of the new legendaries may even be dropped by multiple bosses.

Dartan, Hex, Devil Root, Blanco, and Jacques. These are all candidates - some of the new legendaries may even be dropped by multiple bosses.
I doubt it or any others will drop from multiple bosses, I see no evidence to support that theory. I agree with your candidates and think there are possibly a few more, such as Bonerattler, though all seem too low lvl to be likely. I also feel that Devil, Jacques, and Tomas were early guesses and were looted lots with no results for much longer than the other three weapons which leads me to think that Tim and Hex are the most likely but I can't rule any out.

I doubt it or any others will drop from multiple bosses, I see no evidence to support that theory. I agree with your candidates and think there are possibly a few more, such as Bonerattler, though all seem too low lvl to be likely. I also feel that Devil, Jacques, and Tomas were early guesses and were looted lots with no results for much longer than the other three weapons which leads me to think that Tim and Hex are the most likely but I can't rule any out.
I shouldn’t give you a direct quote, but some members of the TLOPO staff in communities i’m a part of have been a bit coy in conversations about the “one boss one legendary” theory. It’s not irrational to suspect that some element of it is incorrect.

It also wouldn’t really make sense for a boss like Timothy Dartan to drop a legendary but not also General Hex, since the two are literally the same enemy. There are no differentiating characteristics between them. The same could be said about Blanco and Jacques.

They should definitely release a hint. From a game theory standpoint, what sense does it make for a player to spend dozens of hours farming a boss without knowing if it drops a legendary? It would be impossible for one to know if they haven’t found it because of bad luck or because the boss just doesn’t drop it.

Mysteries are fun, but not if it takes several dozen hours for an individual to test each possible answer. Nobody has time for that.

In all honesty if Blanco had a new legendary then Jacques would most likely have one as well... Devil Root in my opinion would be most likely to have thus last legendary. Depending on what it is of course if it is a doll for example id see Hex having it..

They should definitely release a hint. From a game theory standpoint, what sense does it make for a player to spend dozens of hours farming a boss without knowing if it drops a legendary? It would be impossible for one to know if they haven’t found it because of bad luck or because the boss just doesn’t drop it.

Mysteries are fun, but not if it takes several dozen hours for an individual to test each possible answer. Nobody has time for that.
I totally disagree with that, you are only thinking as a master looter who expects success to be at hand if you persevere for a few weeks, as has been here in TLOPO in the past. There is no reason to think that things should be the way that you have seen so much success with going forward. The mystery and elusiveness of this are putting normal players on a much more equal footing with the likes of you and I'm loving it. All the other new legends were found by master looters that knew were to look and spent long hours getting them, with no clues this one is much more likely to be found by a regular player who just happens to be in the right place at the right time.

Last edited:
I shouldn’t give you a direct quote, but some members of the TLOPO staff in communities i’m a part of have been a bit coy in conversations about the “one boss one legendary” theory. It’s not irrational to suspect that some element of it is incorrect.

It also wouldn’t really make sense for a boss like Timothy Dartan to drop a legendary but not also General Hex, since the two are literally the same enemy. There are no differentiating characteristics between them. The same could be said about Blanco and Jacques.
Many of the new legends have been found and all were unique to a single boss so far and no hints that I am aware of indicate that this is just luck, so, I agree that such is possible or that while it may currently be the case that they are only from a single boss the developers may have plans to change it but at this point all the evidence and so logic say it is a single boss we are after. I agree that really all the choices seem a bit unlikely.

I'd heavily guess it's General Hex.

The newer curse blades were found at Davy Jones' top officers: Palifico, Koloniko, Drizzle&Drench, Jimmy Legs, Crash (and Cicatriz as the third of El Patron's story line with El Patron, Foulberto and Cicatriz).

The new four are the top two EITC/Navy bosses, Remington and Neban and Jolly Rogers top two generals, Darkhart and Hex.

I've been looting General Hex for a bit recently and the Loot Skull Chest rate, for a level 50, is well enough at General Hex to have a Legendary weapon. He is red tag on I believe levels 26-30, green at 23, and yellow at 24 and 25.

With the Undead Brigands and the occasional Alligator, he is as difficult or more so than other options outside of Devil Root.

His issue with difficulty is that he isn't difficult if you use Full Moon Special Blunderbuss at high levels (Same with Sure Footed weapons for Devil Root), but that's tempered with occasionally being a non-red tag. I think he is the best choice.

I'd heavily guess it's General Hex.

The newer curse blades were found at Davy Jones' top officers: Palifico, Koloniko, Drizzle&Drench, Jimmy Legs, Crash (and Cicatriz as the third of El Patron's story line with El Patron, Foulberto and Cicatriz).

The new four are the top two EITC/Navy bosses, Remington and Neban and Jolly Rogers top two generals, Darkhart and Hex.

I've been looting General Hex for a bit recently and the Loot Skull Chest rate, for a level 50, is well enough at General Hex to have a Legendary weapon. He is red tag on I believe levels 26-30, green at 23, and yellow at 24 and 25.

With the Undead Brigands and the occasional Alligator, he is as difficult or more so than other options outside of Devil Root.

His issue with difficulty is that he isn't difficult if you use Full Moon Special Blunderbuss at high levels, but that's tempered with occasionally being a non-red tag. I think he is the best choice.
I tend to agree that he is looking more and more likely. 2 EITC and 2 undead generals has a resonance to it, of course Tim also fits the description...

I tend to agree that he is looking more and more likely. 2 EITC and 2 undead generals has a resonance to it, of course Tim also fits the description...
Undead Timothy Dartan is not one of the Generals, he is Orinda le Juene's (the woman on the docks husband) husband she killed. On the other hand General Hex is the one leading Jolly Roger's troops in Tortuga. (edit: importance could be heightened as a "hint" given the release of Tortuga Invasions?)

General Darkhart is the only General stronger than Hex, but you aren't attacked by other nearby enemies fighting him and voodoo is stronger than sword (especially if you are chained and then attacked by brigands after a curse and then caught on fire or life drained). General Hex is the strongest of the options, aside from Devil Root who is frequently looted (in comparison to bosses who are not known to drop unique weapons). I've looted Devil Root with two players who got legendaries from him, both of which were the Lost Sword of El Patron. I have not encountered anyone else high level (many level 7-30) fighting General Hex. I also have personally looted many famed items from him, but have not heard of someone getting a legendary recently from him (assuming Lost Sword of El Patron to at least put him on par with Devil Root as each as unlikely as the other). edit: This talk of getting a legendary from Devil Root or Hex is obviously starting at the deadline of the new weapons becoming online, as before that is irrelevant.

I totally disagree with that, you are only thinking as a master looter who expects success to be at hand if you persevere for a few weeks, as has been here in TLOPO in the past. There is no reason to think that things should be the way that you have seen so much success with going forward. The mystery and elusiveness of this are putting normal players on a much more equal footing with the likes of you and I'm loving it. All the other new legends were found by master looters that knew were to look and spent long hours getting them, with no clues this one is much more likely to be found by a regular player who just happens to be in the right place at the right time.
I don’t understand why you think there’s some virtue in putting people who don’t loot a lot on equal footing with people who do. That is incredibly counterintuitive game design. Players’ success should be correlated with their effort.

Around a month ago 4 new legendary weapons were added, each looted from a specific boss.

So far we have found
  • Jack sparrow's blade - Darkhart
  • Mercer's pistol - Remington
  • Beckette's pistol - Neban
We've had no words or hints on the last one and where it might be, and honestly there's too many bosses to sit at and loot hoping that it's the boss that has it. I feel that it's time for at least a hint to put us in the right direction or maybe we can come up with some suggestions and get together groups to loot at some bosses that could potentially have it.

I'd love to find out what the last legendary is but it's kind of a rough find with very few people looking.

Lol was about to post this exact question then I saw this one.

Just a small hint is all im asking for at this point. This mystery is great but I feel like a lot of people may have lost interest. If we had some sort of clue as to which island or something, I think more people would be look for it. Because there are so many other legendaries at this point in time, most people don't want to risk "wasting" their time at a boss that may or may not drop a legendary. Im not complaining, just giving me feedback as a beta tester ;)

I don’t understand why you think there’s some virtue in putting people who don’t loot a lot on equal footing with people who do. That is incredibly counterintuitive game design. Players’ success should be correlated with their effort.
It's not that I think it should always be that way, I agree that in general more success should go to those who have more skill and expend more effort but here we have the situation where a few are almost completely dominant and most players simply don't have the time to compete at that level. This is giving the more casual players who may be just as skilled but don't have the time or drive a chance. Let's face it, playing for many hours every day is a huge commitment that is difficult to balance with a normal healthy life. Work, school, eating, exercise, other leisure activities, etc all compete for our time. I think it is good to give the more casual players a chance some of the time and this is doing just that. I support most of the time making it, as it was, where the master looter has the advantage. I'd also like to point out that with this situation the individual master looter still has a large advantage over the individual casual looter, just not so much advantage that he has advantage over all casual looters collectively.

Last edited:
Back