Where's the last legendary?

It's not that I think it should always be that way, I agree that in general more success should go to those who have more skill and expend more effort but here we have the situation where a few are almost completely dominant and most players simply don't have the time to compete at that level. This is giving the more casual players who may be just as skilled but don't have the time or drive a chance. Let's face it, playing for many hours every day is a huge commitment that is difficult to balance with a normal healthy life. Work, school, eating, exercise, other leisure activities, etc all compete for our time. I think it is good to give the more casual players a chance some of the time and this is doing just that. I support most of the time making it, as it was, where the master looter has the advantage.

I fail to see any way where obscuring the location and leaving to chance if they find it is allowing casual players a chance to get to it first.

I have little time to play tlopo; I'm a college student working a full time job, I'm the definition of a casual player. There is absolutely no way that this helps me find it before someone else, in fact it makes it countless times harder. Someone with more time than me can loot at multiple different bosses and look for results, while I can choose one boss every couple days and loot at it for an hour or 2 tops.

I still have a vastly lower chance of finding it than someone else, obscuring it just makes it more frustrating for all parties involve as you never know if you're not getting it because of luck or because the boss doesn't drop it.

I fail to see any way where obscuring the location and leaving to chance if they find it is allowing casual players a chance to get to it first.

I have little time to play tlopo; I'm a college student working a full time job, I'm the definition of a casual player. There is absolutely no way that this helps me find it before someone else, in fact it makes it countless times harder. Someone with more time than me can loot at multiple different bosses and look for results, while I can choose one boss every couple days and loot at it for an hour or 2 tops.

I still have a vastly lower chance of finding it than someone else, obscuring it just makes it more frustrating for all parties involve as you never know if you're not getting it because of luck or because the boss doesn't drop it.
Hate to say it, but TLOPO is an extremely time consuming game if you want anything of value. Grinding on mat runs take a long time to get to a maxxed out warship, and grinding for a legendary can take weeks of someones time.
I find myself having the same issue.

It may not help you personally find it but it does give casual looters as a group a higher chance of success because the number of master looters is small and they can't be as comprehensive in their coverage of all possible sources as they are when they know where to look. Your individual chances are only slightly increased but master looters chances are drastically reduced.

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but TLOPO is an extremely time consuming game if you want anything of value. Grinding on mat runs take a long time to get to a maxxed out warship, and grinding for a legendary can take weeks of someones time.
I find myself having the same issue.

I'm aware that it's time consuming to get to some points, I'm not complaining about grinding or looting chances.

The only thing I have a problem with is obscured drop locations, I don't even know if I'm wasting what little time I do have on tlopo at a boss that doesn't drop the special weapon I'm after.

It wasn't a problem with the forsaken shallows update, as it was very obvious where the weapons were. This time around it's not as clear and it's certainly frustrating after a while.

It may not help you personally find it but it does give casual looters as a group a higher chance of success because the number of master looters is small and they can't be as comprehensive in their coverage of all possible sources as they are when they know where to look.
I tend to have a lot of time on my hands and like to play this game for the looting system. I spend many hours a day looting and I must say I do jump from boss to boss like General Hex and Dartan. So it's not as unlikely as it may seem. I know other people who loot at these bosses for long periods of time. There is no such thing as "Master Looters". There is just people who dedicate more time to keep rolling that dice until the number hits.

I tend to have a lot of time on my hands and like to play this game for the looting system. I spend many hours a day looting and I must say I do jump from boss to boss like General Hex and Dartan. So it's not as unlikely as it may seem. I know other people who loot at these bosses for long periods of time. There is no such thing as "Master Looters". There is just people who dedicate more time to keep rolling that dice until the number hits.
Call them what you like, there is a small group that has found most of the legendary items that have ever been found in this game.

Just a small hint is all im asking for at this point. This mystery is great but I feel like a lot of people may have lost interest. If we had some sort of clue as to which island or something, I think more people would be look for it. Because there are so many other legendaries at this point in time, most people don't want to risk "wasting" their time at a boss that may or may not drop a legendary. Im not complaining, just giving me feedback as a beta tester ;)
I kind of understand where you are coming from, but your request has nothing to do with beta testing, only self interest. Not that that is a non issue or a negative thing. But none of the legendary discussions and talks of mysteries is about beta testing. But somehow I don't think I'm telling you something you didn't know.
No sense bringing beta into this thread, which the subject is an interesting one although.

Oh I disagree, like Eric, I surely believe there are master looters who I coined 'elootists'. A mashup of elitist and looter. These elootist know who they are, and loot to almost the total omission of community play. But this thread is about where is the 4th legendary and asking for hints.

I don't want any hints at all. If one pays attention to the elootists postings, one will get clues to where the last legendary ISN'T!

there are master looters who I coined 'elootists'. A mashup of elitist and looter.

Thats very clever, I like that. But I like to think of them as hardcore tlopo players rather than hardcore lootists because the only real endgame is looting.
Anyway, I was thinking the weapon would be at Devil Root or another skeleton boss. I'd guess Hex

Oh I disagree, like Eric, I surely believe there are master looters who I coined 'elootists'. A mashup of elitist and looter. These elootist know who they are, and loot to almost the total omission of community play. But this thread is about where is the 4th legendary and asking for hints.

I don't want any hints at all. If one pays attention to the elootists postings, one will get clues to where the last legendary ISN'T!
While I do assert that there is such a thing as master looters and feel that it is very evident that they do exist, I do not want to be misunderstood and come off as being against them or disliking them. I am friends with at least 3 that are definitely in that category including our Mr. Beggar and probably more. I also disagree with your comment that they are not involved with community play, I think that they are a vital part of this game and community. While I do see elitism in their ranks, which I am against, I also see them working together and including others that happen along their path. I only am against hints because they have become so dominant that even though they are responsible for a small fraction of the total amount of looting that goes on in this game they have managed to loot on the order of 10x the number of legendaries as all others combined and have been first in every new legendary hunt. I think they genuinely deserve more success than others in looting but think that their advantage should be lowered some of the time to give others that collectively loot more than they a better chance of being first now and again.

This thread is embarrassing.

1. The only thing separating an “elootist” (cringe) from other players is that they loot more. There’s nothing wrong or elitist about playing the game a lot.

2. Keeping the location of the last legendary a secret doesn’t magically stack the odds against people who loot more, it just amounts to a much more frustrating experience for anyone who actually cares enough to search for the thing. I guarantee it will still be found by a regular looter who takes a risk by farming an oft-ignored boss.

3. What is with this weird desire to make a weapon that won’t be found by people who try to look for it? It’s not as if less dedicated players cannot find excellent weapons, they just cannot find them to the exclusion of people who play much more than they do. That is how it should be. If you’re a casual player who wants a special item, maybe you should consider finding more time to loot instead of running off to the forums to try and tip the scale in your favor.

What is with this weird desire to make a weapon that won’t be found by people who try to look for it? It’s not as if less dedicated players cannot find excellent weapons, they just cannot find them to the exclusion of people who play much more than they do. That is how it should be. If you’re a casual player who wants a special item, maybe you should consider finding more time to loot instead of running off to the forums to try and tip the scale in your favor.
This is exactly what people refuse to acknowledge nowadays. So many feel entitled because it's "unfair" that those who put in significantly more time and effort into a game generally have better inventories and such. They want things to be "equal" when in fact, it's been equal since the very beginning. Everyone has the exact same chances when it comes to loot, assuming they meet the required conditions. (ie: completing the Raven's Cove questline to be able to loot Cursed Weapons, and then looting where Cursed drop to be able to obtain them.)

Every time I see someone complain about "it's not fair that someone who puts in hundreds of more hours into the game has way better weapons and way cooler clothes than I do!", I really do wonder whether or not that person has ever played a game with looting in it before...

Last edited:
Back