Which is the best ship in TLOPO

What is the strongest ship in TLOPO from live-action perspective ( cannons dogging, hull, ...etc..)

• Total voters
Debatable about the sloop, tho in potco I have seen some ridiculous bounties held by sloops. At the same time however when sloops meet copperhead war ships, it usually doesn't end well for the sloop especially if the copperhead has gunners. Everything is situational

well, i have to disagree with that. Back in POTCO i saw a sloop vs a treasure fleet held by a level 80 ship... The sloop won the battle but heavily damaged

There are a lot of secondary factors. Each ship has its own role to fill. There is no "ultimate" ship (thank goodness). If you have more armor, you lose speed, more speed less cargo... etc. Every setup has its shortcomings.

Personally, I like war frigates. Can never seem to find enough cannons on war brigs or war sloops :)

I am torn between the Frigate and Brig for the same reasons that LeeFoster and tlonge gave. I like frigates because of their armor and deck guns as well as the forward firing guns. But I also love the brigs because they are fast and they can turn very well along with carrying good armor and broadside capabilities. As of right now the sloop would be the best because of the broadside issue but over all I am going to give it to the brig. The brig being a jack of all trade and master of none can be a ship that can easily adapt to any situation. Go against a sloop and it can use its armor broadsides and deck guns to out class the sloop. It goes against a Galleon it can use it speed agility and deck guns to over come. If it goes against a Frigate it can use its speed and agility again as well as it superior broadsides to win out.

I would say each is own, just like everything else it's a matter of perspective.
Just like the upgrades.
The captain makes the ship so it depends how you sail.
The question that you need to ask yourself is: Are you going to boost your strengths or compensate for your weaknesses?

I like the war galleon because of its armor and 24 broadsides, sure it's slow but I have 5 on the catching speed passive ability and 5 on both the left and right broadsides so while its powerful it will still have a pretty decent speed, plus there's always the copperhead upgrade so with 24 broadsides there's a better chance I'll get some explosives which by the way I have 5 on explosives..

The thing I really admired about POTCO was how balanced the ship classes were. Obviously, since we have the source code, it carried over to TLOPO as well. Each ship has its own role to fill, as was stated above by someone else. The sloop is supposed to be the quick hit and run ship, as well as a get away ship; it is also the hardest ship to master. The frigate is probably the best ship to use with a large crew, as it has the largest on deck size, and most on deck cannons (at least it should). The galleon is more of a solo looting ship, with its big cargo capacity, and the sheer amount of broadsides on it. And lastly, the brig is an all rounder, capable of doing multiple things, but not exceeding too much at one job.

It isn't exactly possible to vote for a "best ship," considering there really isn't one.

According to Mr. Tom. Each ship has it own role to fill, but again someone else said that the Brigs comprised all the abilities from other ships, but from my perspective, i just simply can't have a mat run without a war galleon or a war frigate because of the great hull armor and broadsides , the war brig with full upgrades on hull doesn't end well for me, i usually being sunk by Hunters ship and Ships of the line when looting alone on the war brig. The sloop is a decent shoot and run ship, though sometimes it is really hard to maneuver it.

It is really hard to says which one is the best, but according to all of you guys... I'm going to buy 2 war frigate and 1 war brig

Last edited:
It's actually all about your needs, although I have to give Sloop the worst.
Galleon has the cargo, sloop has the speed, frigate has the armor and firepower, brig is a jack of all trades with the speed of a sloop.

It's actually all about your needs, although I have to give Sloop the worst.
Galleon has the cargo, sloop has the speed, frigate has the armor and firepower, brig is a jack of all trades with the speed of a sloop.
More importantly (as of right now at least), sloop has the smallest hitbox, which is significantly smaller than the rest of the ships.

It depends on your playstyle/what you're fighting against. For me, it's between a frigate and a sloop. Frigates have many cannons and aren't too big of a target. This allows for a huge crew which helps more than the ship itself, especially on material runs. Sloops are fast and turn quite quickly. These ships are hard to hit and with streamlined + storm chaser, they are the fastest ship on the sea. This is especially good in SvS. Overall, like I said, it depends upon your playstyle and what you're doing.

Back