Discussion Which ship did you have in POTCO?

Which ship did you have

• Total voters
Two light galleons and a light frigate, only because POTCO had that free month of subscription in April(I was a free user) I was able to get a light frigate.

I had a War Galleon, War Frigate, and Frigate
I didn't have any brigs because i didn't find must interest into them, but when the game releases I'll be sure to get one

I remember it like it was yesterday, I fished for two weeks to get it, I had a prize war brig, black sails and a firestorm VI hull, I named it the Black Wolf, for it had a design like darkness but when the cannons howled and the onslaught of firebrand broadside cannons hit the enemy, there was nothing left moving on the water. My sails bore a white wolf emblem to represent the beauty of the ship that was equaled by its firepower, that is what made POTCO special to me, I felt as if it was my real life ship and I treated it as such, for that ship never sunk, The Black Wolf was the pride of my POTCO experience, a vessel I hope to revive one day. I had the priveledge of owning every type of ship in the game, the war sloop and war brig being my favorite, sloop because of the speed ( I keep a very tight gaming agenda) and the brig for its balance of speed and firepower, the war frigate is very good too and bears a nice design, though I found it hard to move around the ship because of the ascension in the bow, and I found that my enemies in PVP took full advantage of doubling up to lay broadsides across my aft and the damage was catastrophic. The war galleon is great for firepower but having a vulnerable bow makes her just as easily beaten, and with a poor maneuvering speed made it difficult to control. There just was no beating the war brig, a wonderful addition that brought a new tactic to sailing!

Last edited:
Odd, I was expecting light galleon to be the most, due to non-membership players. I for one never had a membership.

Getting Excited! Visions of the Caribbean filled with War Ships...
screenshot_2011-07-08_21-48-36.jpg
PiratesOnlineScreenShot190.jpg
stormchaser-reverse.jpg
Ships and fleets getting closer and closer... Storm Chasers, Firestorms, Copper Heads, Fortune Hunters, Skull & Bones and maybe even more never seen before;)
PS. Thanks for the art work I hope you don't mind.:cheers:

:pirate ship:

I sucked at sailing in POTCO, I never got to level 15 sailing and it took me probably a good 5 years to get to level 8 sailing.
I could only get the Light Ships and Normals. I was mainly a cannoneer then, but now the Captain has risen.

I probably owned a Light Frigate/Brig and a Galleon.

Either I was oblivious to it, or not around at the time,
I don't really remember Ship Customization (or brig ships, for that matter).

I had a simple War Frigate :)
and a War Sloop (SvS).

War Frigate: Crimson General
War Galleon: *cant remember the name; never really used it unless I was plundering for fun*
War Sloop: Fire-Sail *insert 2nd name here*

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. I know i took a half-a-year break at some point from playing POTCO, because I started working at the time and then i heard that the game was having their final raid and undead invasion on some day and I MADE SURE to participate in it. I never heard about them adding the Brig or even allowing you to personalize the ship with presets, until recently.

We must have been gone for a while, mate. lol

Brig: Gun General (No Upgrades)
War Sloop: Gun General (No Upgrades)
War Galleon: Gun General (Some Upgrades, don't remember which)

Now that I think of it... I guess I loved naming my ships "Gun General" and couldn't bear naming them anything else... :p

i maxed out three war brigs..... S&B, Stormchaser, and Copperhead...since i had all the rams for them plus steel ram which i might say alot of pirates forgot about....it gave +3 to round shot and crit +3 so the damage was incredible for just starting mat runs...just a thought for ye pirates when the game returns me 'earties!!! sad thing is i can remember the steel ram but forgot wht the other rams were :mad:

Back