Which Ship to buy in the beginning?

Ger1Joker

Sea Legs
Hey guys,

short question:

I have my sailing at lvl 5 and nearly 5k to buy a frigate (I am LvL 11).

Is it worth to buy this ship in order to Level sailing to 15 or should I stay with the starting ship and grind till I can afford (Gold an Sailing LvL) a War ship?

Best Regards Joker

What I did was have a goal to save up for a war ship. I never even considered buying a mid tier ship. I just bought a light frigate and grinded to lvl 15, and because of that I was able to buy a war frigate with 20,000 gold to spare.

But you do whatever you feel is easier.

For me, I bought a mid tier ship, reason being I don't sail 100% of the time, i mainly quest, cannon, or grind my weapon levels.

But this is my choice, not yours.

Have a wonderful day.
~Swift / qres.

Hey guys,

short question:

Is it worth to buy this ship in order to Level sailing to 15 or should I stay with the starting ship and grind till I can afford (Gold an Sailing LvL) a War ship?

Best Regards Joker
(つ >ω●)つget on public ships and make da monies to buy a war sloop. bonus: you lvl up cannon (▰∀◕)ノ

I bought a medium Brig and upgraded it once (reinforced).

The reason for this was I wanted a crew. And it worked!

I also wanted to try the Brig. Never had one in POTCO. They didn't exist before I bought all three existing War ships.

But I've never had problems with gold in POTCO/TLOPO, so I had no reason to even hesitate.

In the meantime I made 25k through poker and joining ship Crews, I have my Medium Ship now and Level my sailing quite easy :)

It will be much easier to level sailing from 5 to 15, and you will make enough gold for a war ship in the process I believe.

Personally I just play Blackjack for gold and can get around 10k gold in a few minutes, in the end, saving 5000 gold for a war frigate isn't really going to save you that much time in the long run.

I start the game, below pirate lvl 10, with a light sloop.
Then I buy a sloop and use that for about 3 days until I hit lvl 15 sailing.
Then, on to the war brig, which ultimately becomes the ship I upgrade.
During the sailing process, I like to have a war sloop for whatever reason, as they are so much fun to sail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

short question:

Best Regards Joker
To grind to lvl 15 sailing I used other peoples war brigs. I would ask guildmates if I could borrow their ships so I could level up.

Your choice but that's what I did. Also to get gold quickly play blackjack and cheat every time. Too easy.

Over the many years of Potco I learned to get a Med Frigate , save the lil sloop for quick travel , Loot with the Frigate til ya get to War Ships . I tend to get a War Frigate , War Sloop then a War Brig Last , Seldom use the Brig , Still prefer the War Frigate ! IMAO ! ..........................:jar:

Back