Which should I choose?

Which is better?

• War Frigate

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • War Brig

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
Even if you want to switch to War Frigate, I'd suggest just holding on to the War Brig for now instead of selling it. Sure, you can get a short-term gold boost to buy the Frigate sooner, but you might actually want that Brig later. You can always sell it later if you decide you don't want a Brig and use the gold then to upgrade. That's what I would do, anyway. It won't take that much longer to save up the gold you could earn by selling your Brig.

Well, you are going to have to look at what you are using it for. When it comes to mat runs, I suggest getting a War Galleon and upgrading it to Cargo Tier III. This is a very short process, and it will give you a strong ship with 28 slots of cargo. If you want to do loot runs, go for the War Sloop. It is small, fast, and can hit tiny ships without an issue. When it happens to be the question of Frigate or Brig, I say that it all depends on what you want it to look like. If you want a classic pirate ship, go for the brig. That's just my two cents.

It's really a matter of personal preference. I have a war frigate primarily for its forward firing cannons. The brig is faster and the frigate has more armor so that's a tradeoff you should consider. Total offense is insignificantly different and not really a factor. If you want speed and agility take the brig; if you want a more tanky ship that can fire forward take the frigate. It is certainly possible to do well with either ship and you can do mat, loot, and svs with either if you are good at sailing.

Back