Which was your favourite place in the Caribbean?

Which was your favourite Island and/or place you used to resort in?

• High Seas

• Port Royal

• Tortuga

• Padres Del Fuego

• Devil's Anvil

• Cuba

• Kingshead

• Raven's Cove

• Isla Tormenta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mark Scurvyfox

Hello all,

It has been a long time since the day our beloved game has closed down by Disney. Nearly two years have passed since then and I always wanted to create a thread like this. So which was the place you used to hang most while you were in the Caribbean? What sorts of things you used to do there? What did you love most about it?

My favourite place was Raven's Cove - I used to spend hundreds of hours there. It had all that mystery and danger that made me want to search every single area of the island. I was usually found near the Town's Centre or behind Señor Fantifico's Manor where it lies the graveyard. Another place that interested me the most was the bridge in which I also spend time here.

latest

km3KULT.png

Places/Islands not mentioned in vote poll: Cutthroat Isle, Driftwood Isle, Isla Cangrejos, Isla Perdida, Outcast Isle, Rumrunner's Isle, Ile D'Etable De Porc, Isla De La Avaricia

What about your favourite place(s)?

Last edited:
I can't even pick one. I love Padres Del Fuego for all the invasion memories with friends and guilies, but then love Raven's Cove for all the looting and time I spent there.. it's honestly just too hard to limit myself to one. I also loved Ile D'Etable De Porc and Isla De La Avaricia because it holds memories of exploring with my friends and just having fun there. :)

In short, it is just too darn hard for me to choose my favorite place, POTCO had too many wonderful ones.. :raft:

I've always been a fan of naval warfare, so I often sailed the High Seas for hours on end. I enjoyed maxing out my ship upgrades and spending three sleepless days and nights straight of constant sailing to get Norrington's Spyglass.

Kingshead was one of my all-time favorites, particularly back in the old days when the "empty Kings" and Secret Dock glitches still worked. Empty Kingshead was a great place for guild games, meetings, and role-playing. The battle theme and the daytime theme were arguably towards the top of the list for the game's best soundtracks.

Lastly, Tormenta was where I spent most of my waking hours. I received every legendary Cursed Blade there and could run laps without blinking an eye - my looting was a perfected art of sorts. Muscle memory would kick in late at night and my Skullbone Repeater would keep on firing away as my eyes threatened to slam shut. Many a good time was spent here - I dearly miss it.

I've always been a fan of naval warfare, so I often sailed the High Seas for hours on end. I enjoyed maxing out my ship upgrades and spending three sleepless days and nights straight of constant sailing to get Norrington's Spyglass.

Kingshead was one of my all-time favorites, particularly back in the old days when the "empty Kings" and Secret Dock glitches still worked. Empty Kingshead was a great place for guild games, meetings, and role-playing. The battle theme and the daytime theme were arguably towards the top of the list for the game's best soundtracks.

Lastly, Tormenta was where I spent most of my waking hours. I received every legendary Cursed Blade there and could run laps without blinking an eye - my looting was a perfected art of sorts. Muscle memory would kick in late at night and my Skullbone Repeater would keep on firing away as my eyes threatened to slam shut. Many a good time was spent here - I dearly miss it.
The Secret Dock was amazing! One of my all-time favorites. Do you remember the Secret Shack on Tortuga?

Yes, I do remember Tortuga's secret shack!

I also recall there being a completely empty shop on old Port Royal - another good place for meeting or even hide-and-go-seek.
I don't remember much from the old game, but I do remember there being a secret "room/alley" next to a barber shop I believe. You would run into the outside corner of two shops, and you'd run into a room with no ceiling, and a hole in the corner.

*A great thread to reminisce...

Two things (naturally) entered my mind as I began to read through this thread:
  • the High Seas
  • Isla Perdida (because of 'Scary Mary')
:scary mary:

While I did happen to love all of the islands, I enjoyed many of the "wild" islands the most simply because many of them were not so populated and also many of them perceived to remain the type of islands I felt a pirate would most concern him/herself with given the fact that pirates in general (and within my own mind) were not really landlubbers. (And if they were, they would likely inhabit such islands such as POTCO's wild islands rather than the more populated ones unless they felt compelled to go into populated areas for a 'specific' purpose).

This thread is tricky because it forces you to think about things and I feel that with whatever you most enjoyed doing on POTCO, those would be the type of islands you would likely choose from the thread's poll. ;) I can tell you though that while I loved to sail, I mostly spent the majority of my POTCO last years looting and so therefore I spent a great deal of my time on those (main) islands which most permitted myself the bigger and baddest thing to acquire for the purpose of expanding my weapons inventory. Nearing POTCO's end, that is what I mostly did along with spending some time ranking briefly.

I like it to be known that while Raven's Cove was not too bad of an island, the atmosphere of the whole place seemed a bit too creepy and "sad" to me and therefore I always felt that some squawking bird was watching my every move. *Apparently, I wasn't the only person whom felt this way as someone felt compelled to write an entire thread about this phenomenon and the constant "looking" over your own shoulder :ghost: while on Raven's Cove, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raven's Cove of course! The somber and atmospheric music alone sets it apart from all the other islands. Even just taking a stroll around the island to embrace the atmosphere while keeping an eye out for Rage Ghosts is very immersive. Of course, the whole backstory is interesting too.

I must admit taking screenshots with the skeletons scattered throughout the island has always been fun. Pfft. After all, I did practically always wear the Raven's Cove Mercenary outfit in POTCO. I hope the outfit gets released again in Beta this October.

Back