While Everyone's Finding The New Blades...

How has your looting experience been? (For level 30+ pirates)

• I have a decent amount of Famed Cursed or Legendaries

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • I have a fair amount of Famed Cursed or Legendaries

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I have little or no Famed Cursed or Legendaries

Votes: 22 52.4%

• Total voters

River

Wanted Pirate
While everyone's been finding the new blades, I (and probably many others who have the same or worse luck as me) have been looting quite literally nothing but Rare Cursed Blades.

I might sound a little bit like a hypocrite because of all the Famed Weapons I do have, however, all the Famed Weapons I have besides the Nautilus Blade, I have found months before the Raven's Cove quest line was even released.

My pirate is level 47 and I have yet to find one Famed Cursed or Legendary Cursed even after hours and hours of consecutive looting. I'm not complaining; I'm just stating what has been happening to me. I accept the fact that this is my luck, not an in-game glitch so many people think they experience. It's crazy to believe that the other day I saw someone level 31 walking around wielding the Lost Sword of El Patron. That just goes to show my luck, haha.

I have to admit: It does get a little annoying hearing other people complain about not finding a Famed (and blaming a game bug or something silly like that) within a certain time-frame after already finding a fair amount of Famed Cursed and Legendary Cursed.

Here is my inventory, and keep in mind, before I recorded this I had already sold a plethora of various Rare Cursed repeats from looting:

I don't know how you can claim you've looted for hours and hours when you're not even maxed. You're comparing yourself to people who have been abnormally lucky, the vast majority of people don't have many famed/legendary cursed even at level 50.

I don't know how you can claim you've looted for hours and hours when you're not even maxed. You're comparing yourself to people who have been abnormally lucky, the vast majority of people don't have many famed/legendary cursed even at level 50.
You don't have to be level 50 to be able to claim that one has looted hours upon hours.

I would argue that a decent portion of players do in-fact these incredible weapons. There is a potential math way of doing this: Find the average number of players in game. Count up all the players who have made posts about finding such weapons then subtract that from the average number of players. After that, take the number you just found and subtract 1 every player you see who is below level 30. Then you can take that number and compare it to how many people have Famed Cursed or Legendary Weapons.

I'm lvl 50 and have done a nice amount of looting. My entire first weapon page is almost filled with famed, and that isn't counting the few that I've sold. However, I have yet to get a legendary of any kind! My mindset is that the longer it takes to finally find one, the more exciting it will be when I finally do.

I would say, yes, you do have to be lvl 50 to reasonably claim to have looted for hours and hours. If you are not but have indeed looted for hours and hours then you have been looting low lvl enemies that don't give much rep and don't often drop famed or legendary and never drop cursed. I'm not one of the great looters of the game but I have looted the red tags on Tormenta enough to have lvl 50 rep 10 times over. I think you are under estimating how much looting the top looters do to get multiple cursed legendaries. EDIT: ok, maybe I exaggerated when I said 10 times, looking at my master date, when I opened my account and considering my looting habits it's likely more like 4 to 5 times the rep required to reach lvl 50.

Last edited:
I'm wondering how you differentiate between "decent" and "fair"? I'm guessing that a decent amount is meant to be more than a fair amount.

Back