Megathread White screen when loading

May not have posted or looked around enough for a work around but keep coming to a bug where in the tutorial whilst trying to access the Tia Dalma cutscene, the game doesn't respond and goes white every time. Wondering if anyone has fix for it yet. Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

I got the white screen after being in the caves at Padre. Now every time after I log in, it gets to the brown "Connecting" box and then crashes. I tried re-installing the game and I'm still experiencing the same problem. Any help?

CaptainMoney

This is happening to me too, I keep entering Isla Tormenta's cave, and it crashes after what seems to be an enemy spawning. Not sure whats the real problem here, but I suspect that. I have also changed my settings to the lowest, and I have also made sure that I was in an empty server, but it still crashes.

Edit: Try reinstalling the whole thing. It fixed the problem for me.

Last edited:
Hi, so, this is my first time posting on the forum, and I wanted to report an issue regarding the Cursed Caverns (or any cave, really).
Basically, when entering the Cursed Caverns from the front, it works fine, but upon reaching the area after the first waterfall and before the first small pond (which is also before the first two enemies), I freeze, and cannot get back into the game without closing and reopening the game.
I did try one thing that someone suggested, which was downloading the game again, but that still didn't work.

Also attached a few images regarding the crashing. (Ignore the random black square in one image, it appeared because the program I use to screenshot stuff cuts out a portion of the screen if a program isn't responding.)

EDIT (3/30/20): The newest update fixed the issue of crashing at the spot in the second image, as now the game loads fine until the second enemy appears in the Cursed Caverns. (Also included an image from Beckett's Quarry.)

-Benjamin Ironcastle, Level 48, The Sultan Guard

Attachments

• 2020-03-27-14-15-41.png
    2020-03-27-14-15-41.png
    335.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 2020-03-26-19-38-22.png
    2020-03-26-19-38-22.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 320
  • 2020-03-27-14-04-35.png
    2020-03-27-14-04-35.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 311
  • 2020-03-30-14-08-48.png
    2020-03-30-14-08-48.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 353
  • 2020-03-26-18-11-05.png
    2020-03-26-18-11-05.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 308
Last edited:
Hi there,

I'm pretty new to the game! I'm trying to do a quest involving me defeating 8 navy guards in Thieves Guild on Tortuga. But every time I enter the cave at the end of wildwoods my screen remains frozen and completely black. My pirate's footsteps are constantly playing for a minute before the game crashes. I've tried logging out and back in several times and even uninstalled and reinstalled TLOPO onto my computer. The problem still arises. Is there a workaround for this? I've noticed people are having issues with caves in general, and one of my crewmates is encountering the same bug.

Thanks!

Having the same problem, literally cannot enter a cave without it crashing. I've reinstalled the game multiple times, have set the game to high priority, messed around with the settings, and literally nothing works. I sincerely hope this issue is a top priority, but I doubt it since apparently, according to other people I've talked to, we seem to be in the minority of people suffering from this.

Its an issue related to Intel integrated graphics. I recommend posting:
  • Your system's hardware specifications
  • A game log
    • Located at: C:\Program Files\TLOPO\logs OR C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO\logs
  • And as many details as you can give
Either here to the forums, or emailed to TLOPO at support@tlopo.com. Having as much data as possible is the only way that this bug can be hoped to be fixed.

Sadly there are no workarounds known, if you have another machine try running TLOPO on it. If you have a machine that has Intel integrated graphics and DOESN'T have this error, that's probably really great information for the team to have. Same goes for if you have a machine that has this error but doesn't have Intel integrated graphics.

ill provide some logs with my next crash.

Edit: added the logs for the crash.

Attachments

• tlopo-200328_224734.log
    123.4 KB · Views: 194
  • tlopo-200328_225408.log
    114.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
anytime you enter a cave or mine the game freezes after a few feet into the area. have to close out the game and log back in. keeps happening

Every time I log in I am able to run around for a few seconds before the game window turns white and freezes, and the application stops responding. I have tried launching the .exe as administrator and restarting the system but the issue persists.

I have been experiencing this problem since the new update. I will enter any cave and everything is fine for a couple minutes but then it starts getting choppy and eventually freezes. I have tried using different servers and even teleporting to a friend in the cave but it eventually freezes anyway. Any one else have this problem? Or anyone have ideas on how to fix the problem? I have already attempted using high power on the game through my settings as well and that did not work either.

Back