Discussion Whitelist Word Request DISCUSSION

I vote no to * and ? alone. There's already enough ways to blatantly censor. And if you need to ask a question, then ask the question :p

Seems like they not accepting whitelist requests anymore anyways, at least not for the moment.

give me a break its a pirate game if you dont like the phases you honestly you shouldnt play without some of those it would not be pirate game dont try to wash out what you dont like just dont play half those words were in movies already

give me a break its a pirate game if you dont like the phases you honestly you shouldnt play without some of those it would not be pirate game dont try to wash out what you dont like just dont play half those words were in movies already
What? lol

what i mean dont add even more words from game to it im not saying to completely remove that would be a mistake
Adding more words yes they're doing that, that's the reason for a whitelist thread...lol

Why wouldn't they add more words? that's just extra censorship which you don't like lol.

Gonna have to say no to that one. Has connotations for "greenery", but not of the vegetative family.

So you're saying I can't tell people my favorite vegetable is "broccoli" because it has some connotation that I am unaware of?
I find it interesting how many normal words people find ways to make into bad words. If you say broccoli in the chat it's going to be thought of as the vegetable. I have no idea what greenery you're talking about, and frankly I don't necessarily care...broccoli is a vegetable, and fear of a name only increases fear of the thing; no wonder nobody likes it.

I mean, just google "Broccoli" and what comes up? Recipes with the vegetable. Even if there are connotations, they aren't going to be taken from people just talking about the vegetable in chat.

Also please add:
cauliflower

if it's not in yet.

Listen, they will not add any words that can be used to talk about illegal substances, parts of anatomy or words that are used in swears. You can simply accept this and figure out your own creative way to give vegetable names when sharing recipes with you buddies in game. There were plenty of words that Disney didn't allow in game that I thought was ridiculous myself, but I got over it, did the adult thing, and figured out another way to say what I meant. I mean, if the tweens could figure out how to talk around the chat filter back then, then I myself at the age of 30 playing POTCO could certainly come up with something, since I was and still am smarter than most of the 5th graders I know.
When I was talking to a guild member about a new soup I have come up with, one of the ingredients was broccoli, so I just told them the vegetable that looked like a tiny all green tree. They knew what I was talking about. I really didn't mean to stir anything up here. I honestly didn't know people used the word broccoli for an illegal substance. Guess we learn things all the time.

When I was talking to a guild member about a new soup I have come up with, one of the ingredients was broccoli, so I just told them the vegetable that looked like a tiny all green tree. They knew what I was talking about. I really didn't mean to stir anything up here. I honestly didn't know people used the word broccoli for an illegal substance. Guess we learn things all the time.
Me neither lol. I'll be more careful when I talk about it now ;)

Personally I think people are getting carried away. Half the dictionary seems gone already because of what it could mean lol. If people want to say something bad, they're gonna find a way. That doesn't mean to not censor, but don't go overboard thinking of what something could mean because someone out in the ether used a word with a different meaning to it. Go for a healthy balance instead of a full blown war on the chat.

So you're saying I can't tell people my favorite vegetable is "broccoli" because it has some connotation that I am unaware of?
I find it interesting how many normal words people find ways to make into bad words. If you say broccoli in the chat it's going to be thought of as the vegetable. I have no idea what greenery you're talking about, and frankly I don't necessarily care...broccoli is a vegetable, and fear of a name only increases fear of the thing; no wonder nobody likes it.

I mean, just google "Broccoli" and what comes up? Recipes with the vegetable. Even if there are connotations, they aren't going to be taken from people just talking about the vegetable in chat.

Also please add:
cauliflower

if it's not in yet.
If you google "broccoli" one of the first results is a song with the bad connotation. This "reference" has been around for a while, not really that old. I highly doubt many people are talking about vegetables in game

Back