Weapons Who misses old jack sparrows blade? The blade power that ties with lost blade of leviathan and cursed blade of yore

Old jack sparrows blade stat: love the drain health rank 3 and crit rank 5 :)
CDD18B96-9EBA-485C-AE8C-91BA20C80156.png
3D236644-9FF5-4E7F-BD91-1081995D9C76.png
A7AC96CC-3D8F-475D-A49A-FC76CADAD3BC.png
E8651651-E5F4-4FF1-9902-199F3284767D.png

I hate the people who told tlopo to nerf old jack sparrows blade because they compared it to legendary cursed thunder spine blade that they looted and it’s not that strong jealous players made a thread request to nerf old jsb it was fine just as it was It’ll make the game more exciting and fun to play and lots of low notoriety pirates will loot darkhart old jsb is the only non cursed legendary weapon that ties the blade power of lost blade of leviathan and cursed blade of yore.

Ahoy @Ichabod Greasemenace,

Jack Sparrow's Blade is in a much better, and more defined spot than it has ever been, and it likely won't be changing anytime in the near future. There's much more into a weapon than just who it's named after, and this is one of those cases. There's a lot of factors to take into account, and overall the weapon is decidedly in a much better spot now, albeit not perfect, but better.

Thanks for the understanding,
Misha.

With an attack of 86 (jsb : cutlass) compared to legendary cursed weapon with an attack of 93 (cursed blade of yore: cutlass) and with an attack of 108 ( lost blade of leviathan: broadsword). It seems that old jack sparrows blade non cursed legendary cutlass was perfectly fine as it was!
BECFA3AF-60EB-4A89-AFF7-E4AD0499D662.png

"There's a lot of factors to take into account, and overall the weapon is decidedly in a much better spot now, albeit not perfect, but better."

Sorry, but that doesn't seem the contention of the majority of the community. There was never a legit reason to change/nerf JSB except for a minority pvp'r complaints. Should have been nerfed for pvp only, and if that wasn't coding possible, then it shouldn't have been changed at all.

If the game code does not allow changing a weapon parameters in certain modes, but only in global, then making a change globally for the interests and to the appeasement of an arguably smaller percentage of the community doesn't seem to be in the best interest of the whole gaming community of Tlopo. IMO.

That said, since this is a beta, and I'm generously allowed to participate, even though disappointed I will play accordingly and test and enjoy what I can.

The staff does what it has to do with their game and I appreciate it.

"There's a lot of factors to take into account, and overall the weapon is decidedly in a much better spot now, albeit not perfect, but better."

Sorry, but that doesn't seem the contention of the majority of the community. There was never a legit reason to change/nerf JSB except for a minority pvp'r complaints. Should have been nerfed for pvp only, and if that wasn't coding possible, then it shouldn't have been changed at all.

If the game code does not allow changing a weapon parameters in certain modes, but only in global, then making a change globally for the interests and to the appeasement of an arguably smaller percentage of the community doesn't seem to be in the best interest of the whole gaming community of Tlopo. IMO.

That said, since this is a beta, and I'm generously allowed to participate, even though disappointed I will play accordingly and test and enjoy what I can.

The staff does what it has to do with their game and I appreciate it.

The complaints never came from the PvP community, else we would have found a way to change it in PvP alone. There's no majority against the overall changes, either.

As for reasons, this topic has been beat to death, but you can see our reasons to changing it in past posts as well as in the release notes for the most recent changes.

With an attack of 86 (jsb : cutlass) compared to legendary cursed weapon with an attack of 93 (cursed blade of yore: cutlass) and with an attack of 108 ( lost blade of leviathan: broadsword). It seems that old jack sparrows blade non cursed legendary cutlass was perfectly fine as it was! View attachment 120533
I kind of disagree, It had critical strike, powerful that didn't work properly and even health drain, that to me seemed too overpowered because you have offense with defense also it does come from such a low level boss but I doubt that was the main reason they nerfed it. I hope they get rid of break attack abilities because the charge time is so slow and even leviathan's curse isn't a break attack according to video footage. The funny thing about some players' complaints that jack sparrow blade undermined the cursed blades is that leviathan blade undermines some cursed blades because you don't need to loot behemoth blade or the sapphire blade because the leviathan blade has both 5 on endurance and parry.

It should have Captain's Resolve like Admiral's Cutlass tbh as it's Captain Jack's sword. Would give it a heal ability like the original had.

Back