Why Can Someone Kick From A Ship?

Semore

Sea Legs
I just spent an hour + on a guy's ship. He kicked me for asking about Hunters.
Sorry, I'm new to the Bounty stuff and he kicked me. Why is this even allowed? I was there for an hour and got no loot because he kicked me? How is this allowed, not to mention fair?

Last edited by a moderator:
i will agree that its not fair to be kicked without cause. but at the end of the day its entirely up to the captain of the ship if they want to be nice or be jerks. sadly no one can really keep that from happening. the ability to kick people of the ship is there so that the captain may remove trolls or people that are causing problems. i know its not the best case but it is what it is nothing more you can do but move on

It's allowed because they own the ship and just don't go on that person's ship anymore and maybe even warn others of that particular ship. Are you sure he booted you because of that question?

Well that is entirely unfair to you if that's what happened.. The reason it's in place is due to people going AFK on the ship, cannons, or repairs. Also for the people whom would board ships to start an argument or something like that..

Some people will sail in circles and kick every single person on the ship in order to get better loot for themselves. That's the risk you run sailing with others.

Yeah, when they released kicking they shifted the risk associated with using public ships from the captain to the crewmate. I wasn't a huge fan of the decision, but there are ways to get around it.

You should try and find yourself a friendly guild to sail with if you're worried about unethical public captains.

i don't think that's really how loot works
I know but some people are like that. I've met one. Some people have nothing better to do than to kick every single last person off their ship. It's only a 5 minute timer and free if anyone is afk. Usually only 5-7 people on a ship. Some people love trolling.

Some people will sail in circles and kick every single person on the ship in order to get better loot for themselves. That's the risk you run sailing with others.
The presence or absence of other players has ZERO impact on what each individual gets for sailing loot items. If people are using this as a justification for baseless kicks, they are either clueless or using it as an excuse to abuse other players.

I greatly appreciate the addion of the boot option. As a person who sails quite a bit I will say that it has reduced the number of trolls that attempt to disrupt my game when I open my ship to the public to almost zero. It’s effect has been brilliant. I’m sure that’s no consolation to you as an abused crew member but I strongly feel that it was the right move to make it the ship owner’s prerogative to say who stays and who goes. As is often pointed out here on Forums, there will always be trolls and it’s an ongoing issue in every online game. I’ve not heard of many examples such as yours and believe that this is because once you get this problem you will note the captain and avoid him/her after just one bad experience, in the other direction this was not possible and as captain you would see the same trolls over and over with no control.

Please note the captain and avoid him/her, they are not the norm. Sailing on public ships and opening your ship to the public is a great way to meet other players so don’t let this bad experience discourage you, sailing is great fun when you are with a good crew.

I greatly appreciate the addion of the boot option. As a person who sails quite a bit I will say that it has reduced the number of trolls that attempt to disrupt my game when I open my ship to the public to almost zero. It’s effect has been brilliant. I’m sure that’s no consolation to you as an abused crew member but I strongly feel that it was the right move to make it the ship owner’s prerogative to say who stays and who goes. As is often pointed out here on Forums, there will always be trolls and it’s an ongoing issue in every online game. I’ve not heard of many examples such as yours and believe that this is because once you get this problem you will note the captain and avoid him/her after just one bad experience, in the other direction this was not possible and as captain you would see the same trolls over and over with no control.

Please note the captain and avoid him/her, they are not the norm. Sailing on public ships and opening your ship to the public is a great way to meet other players so don’t let this bad experience discourage you, sailing is great fun when you are with a good crew.
There are always two sides of a story and this is missing one. So, it's fifty fifty about the situations.

Not really. There's only one side being written here. What's the captains story. No disrespect intended.
The original post is that of a booted crew member. He claims he was unfairly booted and I have no reason to doubt his story. This makes me feel that at least two, maybe more, perspectives are present here. I personally have yet to be booted from a crew in tlopo but have booted a small number of players including one by accident. I certainly sympathize with those who have been booted unfairly either deliberately or by accident but still strongly feel that the boot option is brilliant in both concept and execution and should not be changed beyond possibly some way of allowing the captain to allow a booted crew member back aboard on a case by case basis.

I love the boot option that was implemented. Never even used it. But it was the right thing to do.
About OP, in a accusatory comment, one needs the other sides information to form an opinion.
Til then, it's a fifty/fifty issue with nothing to substantiate it so it's a grain of salt thing.

And that was my only point. No disrespect to the OP.
I was also under the impression but not sure, that if one gets the plank, they keep what they gained to that point. I believe that would be fair.
Booting is to rid the ship of a leech, not penalize said leech beyond the removal and what happens after to the pirate. It shouldn't be a captains business to punish someone beyond his public ship. I would stand corrected if I'm wrong.

I love the boot option that was implemented. Never even used it. But it was the right thing to do.
About OP, in a accusatory comment, one needs the other sides information to form an opinion.
Til then, it's a fifty/fifty issue with nothing to substantiate it so it's a grain of salt thing.

And that was my only point. No disrespect to the OP.
I was also under the impression but not sure, that if one gets the plank, they keep what they gained to that point. I believe that would be fair.
Booting is to rid the ship of a leech, not penalize said leech beyond the removal and what happens after to the pirate. It shouldn't be a captains business to punish someone beyond his public ship. I would stand corrected if I'm wrong.
Pretty sure you get nothing if you get the boot and I support that.

Correct, you won't receive any loot.
Thank you for verifying and solidifying that.
I think it should be changed to walk the plank, or just the plank.

Matter of fact, it could be so satisfying to righteously plank someone there could be a shooting the miscreant out of a starboard cannon animation or something really fun.

imagine
>on a ship for 30-45 minutes participating
>ship full because captain doesn't turn off public boarding when sufficient crew
>can't get a cannon because no room and captain only uses right side
>repairs when able
>then the captain kicks you off before porting for "standing around doing nothing"
>get no loot
>mfw

Back