why do pirates leave their guilds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...Ye probably will think that I am trying to argue here but...I am not. I just now thought of something that I would like to say :D.

*Aye, I do agree that "ants" take it upon themselves to do a significant amount of work (as mentioned within the 'metaphor' used pertaining to guild members whom work hard & contribute on POTCO). However...grasshoppers are by no means useless & totally lazy. ~ Here is my point...

The strength of the "grasshopper" is underestimated.
Ginat+Grasshopper.jpg

Think back concerning specific moments in history where the grasshopper's relative, the LOCUST, has caused much chaos & world destruction. Similar in a way to the ANT, "swarms" of locust have proved that by working together...much effort & momentum can be gained rather than just working alone.

16cb3d3b90210ed25fb847c987147f0d.jpg
locustLarge.jpg
090130-03-swarm-theory-desert-locusts-461.jpg

The point I would like to try to make is that, "yes," ANTS are focused & efficient workers. But...to consider them as better than the average grasshopper is to be in judgement to them without considering the LOCUST they possess within. Some of us just require a little more self-discovery inorder to realize this!

Avast! Grasshoppers do tend to live for themselves.

tropical-grasshopper.jpg

But, then again...they do live a PIRATE's life (possibly a little more so than the 'average' ant).

_40535721_locust_203.jpg
198135475v4_400x400_Front_Color-Black.jpg

*Let's see rather the positive things both the ANT & the GRASSHOPPER can bring into a guild, & therefore...POTCO (which we all love). *On a personal note...as a kid I used to mistreat both!!! I would shoot at grasshoppers with my bb or pellet gun &...I would step with my shoes on the ants. Ugh. I was less kinder then than I am now :sad1:.

:iagree: That's how a guild should be...more ants than grasshoppers!

There wouldn't be any grasshoppers if a guild chatted once in awhile with new members,welcomed them into their
new family.I'm a grasshopper for one reason,when they stop talking i start walking. I've joined guilds where they didn't say welcome or hello. I joined a guild where the first thing the guildmaster or officer said,"Now go start recruiting!" I asked is that an order? He said yes. I said goodbye!

I joined a guild where the first thing the guildmaster or officer said,"Now go start recruiting!" I asked is that an order? He said yes. I said goodbye!

I have been there too...Molly. For me, the very "first" guild I joined when I began game. *It's not very inviting, is it?
Aye. Yer right. Communication is the key!

Um...Ye probably will think that I am trying to argue here but...I am not. I just now thought of something that I would like to say :D.

*Aye, I do agree that "ants" take it upon themselves to do a significant amount of work (as mentioned within the 'metaphor' used pertaining to guild members whom work hard & contribute on POTCO). However...grasshoppers are by no means useless & totally lazy. ~ Here is my point...

The strength of the "grasshopper" is underestimated.
Ginat+Grasshopper.jpg

Think back concerning specific moments in history where the grasshopper's relative, the LOCUST, has caused much chaos & world destruction. Similar in a way to the ANT, "swarms" of locust have proved that by working together...much effort & momentum can be gained rather than just working alone.

16cb3d3b90210ed25fb847c987147f0d.jpg
locustLarge.jpg
090130-03-swarm-theory-desert-locusts-461.jpg

The point I would like to try to make is that, "yes," ANTS are focused & efficient workers. But...to consider them as better than the average grasshopper is to be in judgement to them without considering the LOCUST they possess within. Some of us just require a little more self-discovery inorder to realize this!

Avast! Grasshoppers do tend to live for themselves.

tropical-grasshopper.jpg

But, then again...they do live a PIRATE's life (possibly a little more so than the 'average' ant).

_40535721_locust_203.jpg
198135475v4_400x400_Front_Color-Black.jpg

*Let's see rather the positive things both the ANT & the GRASSHOPPER can bring into a guild, & therefore...POTCO (which we all love). *On a personal note...as a kid I used to mistreat both!!! I would shoot at grasshoppers with my bb or pellet gun &...I would step with my shoes on the ants. Ugh. I was less kinder then than I am now :sad1:.
Just LOL

I have been there too...Molly. For me, the very "first" guild I joined when I began game. *It's not very inviting, is it?
Aye. Yer right. Communication is the key!

Yes Shamus,you hit the nail right on the head. It is all about communication and there are so many guilds
that lack that skill. Bigger guilds are more guilty of this,they are too busy Keeping their numbers up. And yes it 's not very inviting.

There wouldn't be any grasshoppers if a guild chatted once in awhile with new members,welcomed them into their
new family.I'm a grasshopper for one reason,when they stop talking i start walking. I've joined guilds where they didn't say welcome or hello. I joined a guild where the first thing the guildmaster or officer said,"Now go start recruiting!" I asked is that an order? He said yes. I said goodbye!

Oh absolutely....there needs to be talk in a guild....that's one of my rules! Be friendly and kind, by greeting everyone as they come online, etc. I wouldn't want a quiet guild. If it's too quiet it's boring!

Oh absolutely....there needs to be talk in a guild....that's one of my rules! Be friendly and kind, by greeting everyone as they come online, etc. I wouldn't want a quiet guild. If it's too quiet it's boring!

Boring isen't the worf i'd use lol. Left out and just a number is how i feel. I know guildmates that have friends
for a long time can't be bothered, but they should try asking new guildmates to join them at least once. I feel i'm worth more than a hello.

Some people just can't tie themselves to one guild and some need to leave to realize it was the biggest mistake of their lives. I've only had two real guilds in my whole life. I thought my first guild was the only guild for me but after finding my current guild I realized I never knew what a true guild was until I meI t them.

I have no regrets.

Sometimes Guildmasters feel the need to start on a "clean slate," away from the probable problems that circulated around the old guild.

For instance, if a guild was constantly harassed by a group of pirates, or undergoing constant pressure, the Guildmaster may choose to transfer the old guild in to a different, newer one, to hopefully leave behind the situations that plagued their time in-game. Basically, a last-ditch effort to restore some sort of peace during game play.

Guildmasters may also do this if they feel that the guild they created was raised poorly, but they don't want to go through the trouble of deleting all of the current members, and restarting all over again.

And then, of course, there are various other, minor reasons, like disliking the name of the guild, and stuff like that. Really, the reasoning depends on the situation at hand.

to matey: why do you ask a question of which you already know the answer! I tried to help you build a good guild twice and you left.......

Sometimes I leave if I don't like the atmosphere... Its hard to find a good guild you wanna stick with. I know after my old guild broke up, I jumped guilds for the longest of time, looking another home :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back