Why Does Everyone Get So Worked Up Over This Game?

Alright, Staying upset will only make you feel worse as its not going to bring back what you lost. I wouldn't get upset(especially for hours) if a real shirt or item was stolen from me or lost even if very expensive unless i know i can get it back. This goes for everything, Staying/being mad/upset/angry about stuff that you know you cannot get/find again will only make it more miserable for you in the inside.

Here is something a friend- Grace O'Malley- said somewhere else that involves the the game resets.-
"...Unfortunately we cannot do anything to solve the issue and are therefore at the mercy of the technical experts employed by Disney.
A guildmate said today to an upset mate - "Many pirates have lost something in the reset, famed weapons etc - try and remember the fun is in the finding and getting, not in the having." That comment resonated well with me and I urge you all to look at it if at all possible, in a positive way like this."

as much as i would like people to get over it the people who had lost the legndary weapons may not get over it loosing a weapon has no affect on me seeing as i have learned to deal with what i have but also seeing as though potco is in desperate need for new players they may release all new weapons even stronger than what we have now however those who were not upset over the weapons like me have had a problem with the game as a whole it is a good thing i did not get unlimited access back again after the first day it was down because a short time later it was down again and who know what will happen next

they say those who dont know history are doomed to repeat it and the same thing applies here untill they find out what the problem is no one can guarrantee that the game will be ok and that this may happen again and again and sooner or later many people will grow tired of getting nothing done or having seemed like nothing has happened

I don't get worked up, Never have and never will. I understand that IT IS A GAME NO MATER WHAT TYPE. A game is played by choice and can be quit by choice. A game is played for fun so it is not like you are being forced to play or pay. The issue that is becoming a real problem is that many players (kids/teens especially) have made games their life and see it as "game = life" which does sound very sad. There is no reason why players should get worried, mad or anything that is not happy or fun regarding Pirates Online. There is no reason why game drama and issues should effect or trigger angry/sad/mad emotions as if some real life thing went down. A Game is meant to be a Fun event/part of life and if you are experiencing the opposite of this in it, than you have to options of quitting, unsubscribe, playing something else or not playing until you see it as something you will enjoy.

Ps: This is not to influence players quit POTCO or change their view on games. This is just my opinion and how i view a online game and is not an arguable statement.
SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE WISE MAN LOL

The only way I would ever be upset over losing something would be the black corset, but it seems i'll never find that anyway so.... :D

I saw a awesome purple one today I never seen before. It was like that silver one only in purple.
Possibly on a girl named Chelsea? :D
Thats when the awesome color wheels were allowed.... On my pirate I transfered she has a really pretty purple color shirt. I don't get why they removed the old color options... They were awesome :(

I don't get worked up, Never have and never will. I understand that IT IS A GAME NO MATER WHAT TYPE. A game is played by choice and can be quit by choice. A game is played for fun so it is not like you are being forced to play or pay. The issue that is becoming a real problem is that many players (kids/teens especially) have made games their life and see it as "game = life" which does sound very sad. There is no reason why players should get worried, mad or anything that is not happy or fun regarding Pirates Online. There is no reason why game drama and issues should effect or trigger angry/sad/mad emotions as if some real life thing went down. A Game is meant to be a Fun event/part of life and if you are experiencing the opposite of this in it, than you have to options of quitting, unsubscribe, playing something else or not playing until you see it as something you will enjoy.

Ps: This is not to influence players quit POTCO or change their view on games. This is just my opinion and how i view a online game and is not an arguable statement.

Have you ever gone sailing with me? I know you say, dont get upset, Adhy says same thing, he just turns his head though, is different when you play as a woman, try it sometime Leo, make a woman pirate, low pirate, you know, we can level fast, get a war frigate, see how they talk to you, and you think you can keep your cool? I know is just a game, but they say things like, hey lady capt, your level stinks,..(level 14) or port, port, no this not a taxi,...or a level 30 says, let me sail i higher than you, i show you how to sail,..or you port, and they stay on and steal your ship,...this is not an argument to you, this is a test of your will power, see how well you do, when cercumstances are a little different,...
But as far as losing the things, i made a pirate, shone, made the money in privateering without leveling anything up then i leveled sailing to just to see how low i could be to get a war frigate, notoriety 12, i think was it,. next day she didnt exist, i did it all over again,..next day, she didnt exist,..but you know what none of that bothered me,..it was all just experience in sailing, and leveling i figured,..could just be gotten over,..
but what i cant stand, is the rudeness, and just saying to have a laid back attitude, and let the people run over you,..that part, bothers me. That is what upsets me...so try it Leo, make a low woman pirate, see how you are treated, see if you still can keep that laid back attitude,..i know i cant...i have a feeling, you will be singing a different toon, but it will still be written in BOLD capital letters:facepalm:
EDIT (Feb 27, 2011 at 11:32 AM):
Alright, Staying upset will only make you feel worse as its not going to bring back what you lost. I wouldn't get upset(especially for hours) if a real shirt or item was stolen from me or lost even if very expensive unless i know i can get it back. This goes for everything, Staying/being mad/upset/angry about stuff that you know you cannot get/find again will only make it more miserable for you in the inside.

Here is something(in quotation) a friend- Grace O'Malley- said somewhere else that involves the the game resets.-
"...Unfortunately we cannot do anything to solve the issue and are therefore at the mercy of the technical experts employed by Disney.
A guildmate said today to an upset mate - "Many pirates have lost something in the reset, famed weapons etc - try and remember the fun is in the finding and getting, not in the having." That comment resonated well with me and I urge you all to look at it if at all possible, in a positive way like this."

Disney has made an exciting game, good graphics, well thought out, always strive to improve it,..i havent found one that compares to it, but when you make improvements, there is always a chance for a setback, anything can happen in the world of computers, technology, not forseen, and that is what they work to fix, is not intentional on their part, so with every step forward they may have a step back now and then...but all in all,...there is no game out there that i think compares to this, so i am just grateful they made it, just wish some of the players were a bit more nicer at times,,....(i am sure when they confront me, they may think that too,..:oops:

I think we need to accept that disney are all a bunch of savages and that they can suck from time to time as savages do :)
EDIT (Feb 27, 2011 at 12:22 PM):
That's what I always wondered. It's just a game. I remember back when the game had started people were trying to get swords and they had lost them and they panicked about it over some rusty sabre or cutlass. Now there are more powerful swords and they panick about that. I'm saying that there may be more powerful weapons on the way. Why should they get all mad about something so simple like lost notoriety or gold when they know they can earn it back? I know I dont mind going for it again. It saves me from boredom of reaching a max level and not knowing what to do next other then making a new account and starting all over again.:fight:
Being maxed is mighty boring.... you have to stop looking for the end and enjoy the adventure there cause once you reach the end all you have is the memory of how you got there

I think we need to accept that disney are all a bunch of savages and that they can suck from time to time as savages do :)
EDIT (Feb 27, 2011 at 12:22 PM):

Being maxed is mighty boring.... you have to stop looking for the end and enjoy the adventure there cause once you reach the end all you have is the memory of how you got there

that is so true camber, not just in the game, but even life, you set a goal, and forget along the way to enjoy life, seeking only to reach for the stars, but once you get there,..it does get boring, even if you have it all, and you wish, for the simpler times,..and remember,..the things, actually you did along the way, were far more important than the things you gained in the end.
angel.gif

As for your other comment, i am not going to touch that one,..
rolleyes.gif

lol just so u guys no disney lost WAAAAAAAAAAY more then u did they probably lost thousands of dollers compared to u losing what? a grapic in a game that u use to entertain ur self? theres alot more to do then just sit and play this all day so dont get mad cuz u lost something like a legendary weapon or some crud like that its life it happens and disney lost way more then u did

Back