Why Does Everyone Get So Worked Up Over This Game?

Avrae Aradace

Buccaneer
That's what I always wondered. It's just a game. I remember back when the game had started people were trying to get swords and they had lost them and they panicked about it over some rusty sabre or cutlass. Now there are more powerful swords and they panick about that. I'm saying that there may be more powerful weapons on the way. Why should they get all mad about something so simple like lost notoriety or gold when they know they can earn it back? I know I dont mind going for it again. It saves me from boredom of reaching a max level and not knowing what to do next other then making a new account and starting all over again.
fight.gif

If you have put 4 years into this game like me, I would get worked up! That is basically a quarter of my life spent working on this game! If that all went to waste, yeah I would complain!

Becouse Disney in being stuped thats why they wont stop ruining thins PS. If you love Disney than pleas don't answer this I don't want to hear any more icsuces for diney lol

If you have put 4 years into this game like me, I would get worked up! That is basically a quarter of my life spent working on this game! If that all went to waste, yeah I would complain!

lol im with u on that i have been playing from the first year of its release and nothing ever went right in 2008 so i quit came back a year later and got lost in port royal now im used to it and with all this new stuff if i got something at least better than bloodfire broadsword id be happy because i have bad luck i cant even get my hands on a famed cursed blade besides the one from the quest and if that got taken away i would be upset but so far my luck has not changed so...

aye Captain Hi
iagree.gif
my luck is the same way i can't use aRusty Cutlass to get out of a paper bag right no but i stay focused... and i will admit i get a little hot in my corset when i got 21 waves in cannon defense and get a hasty cannon ram and a old cannon ram... that is my luck so i hear ye on the loot department....with that i must give thanks to all the pirates out there who said we were getting everything to fast... to those with the rabbit's foot in your pocket i truly salute you.... but please stop rubbing my nose in it...it's getting old
mad.png

Potco is a mmorpg wich means massivley mulitplayer online role playing game and if you've evr noticed when you play for like an hour or two you actually feel like you become your pirate. So you become one with your pirate and when there computers problems it's like an earthquake in real life. When there is drama in the game you feel like its real drama.

Don't you mean 3 years? The game started in October 2007.

I don't get worked up, Never have and never will. I understand that IT IS A GAME NO MATER WHAT TYPE. A game is played by choice and can be quit by choice. A game is played for fun so it is not like you are being forced to play or pay. The issue that is becoming a real problem is that many players (kids/teens especially) have made games their life and see it as "game = life" which does sound very sad. There is no reason why players should get worried, mad or anything that is not happy or fun regarding Pirates Online. There is no reason why game drama and issues should effect or trigger angry/sad/mad emotions as if some real life thing went down. A Game is meant to be a Fun event/part of life and if you are experiencing the opposite of this in it, than you have to options of quitting, unsubscribe, playing something else or not playing until you see it as something you will enjoy.

Ps: This is not to influence players quit POTCO or change their view on games. This is just my opinion and how i view a online game and is not an arguable statement.

I don't get worked up, Never have and never will. I understand that IT IS A GAME NO MATER WHAT TYPE. A game is played by choice and can be quit by choice. A game is played for fun so it is not like you are being forced to play or pay. The issue that is becoming a real problem is that many players (kids/teens especially) have made games their life and see it as "game = life" which does sound very sad. There is no reason why players should get worried, mad or anything that is not happy or fun regarding Pirates Online. There is no reason why game drama and issues should effect or trigger angry/sad/mad emotions as if some real life thing went down. A Game is meant to be a Fun event/part of life and if you are experiencing the opposite of this in it, than you have to options of quitting, playing something else or not playing until you see it as something you will enjoy.

Ps: This is not to influence players quit POTCO or change their view on games. This is just my opinion and how i view a online game and is not an arguable statement.

every word said is correct being that this is a game this is played for fun a game is not life and cant really harm u depending after all ur life is ur choice so u choose to stay and play a game or get on with life but this is a different situation we are paying to play a game that has been constantly shut down and havent gotten much in return other than yea ok 7 weeks and we think the problem is fixed and the same thing has shown up 2 times now something is not right and im willing to bet it will happen again seeing as though they still may not know what caused the problem

Reactions: LEO
That's what I always wondered. It's just a game. I remember back when the game had started people were trying to get swords and they had lost them and they panicked about it over some rusty sabre or cutlass. Now there are more powerful swords and they panick about that. I'm saying that there may be more powerful weapons on the way. Why should they get all mad about something so simple like lost notoriety or gold when they know they can earn it back? I know I dont mind going for it again. It saves me from boredom of reaching a max level and not knowing what to do next other then making a new account and starting all over again.:fight:

You are right, it is just a game. If you look at the the fact that we pay for it though it becomes more of a personal matter for people. I know for a fact that some people pay for this as it is a cheap way of entertainment. The economy is horrible so this keeps us home, for cheap and easily entertained. Now its being interupted and we are set back from so much being accomplished its taken to a more personal level for some people. (Not all, but some) Young kids will take it harder because an accomplishment is a great deal. As for teens and adults we can understand it easier and simply move on. Take it as a threat and bite the bullet. We are all entitled to our opinion, and a rant here and there. Its only human.

every word said is correct being that this is a game this is played for fun a game is not life and cant really harm u depending after all ur life is ur choice so u choose to stay and play a game or get on with life but this is a different situation we are paying to play a game that has been constantly shut down and havent gotten much in return other than yea ok 7 weeks and we think the problem is fixed and the same thing has shown up 2 times now something is not right and im willing to bet it will happen again seeing as though they still may not know what caused the problem
I will just quote what i said above again lol although i said i will not argue...
...A game is played by choice and can be quit by choice. A game is played for fun so it is not like you are being forced to play or pay...There is no reason why players should get worried, mad or anything that is not happy or fun regarding Pirates Online... A Game is meant to be a Fun event/part of life and if you are experiencing the opposite of this in it, than you have to options of quitting, unsubscribe, playing something else or not playing until you see it as something you will enjoy.

I will just quote what i said above again lol although i said i will not argue...

no i was not trying to argue but state why some people or at least why i am upset i mean i lost a black shirt but after a few hours i got over it sure its different with people who got cursed blades but after a while you should get over it to now if it was a legendary weapon other than silver freeze u have a reason to be angry seeing as how they are near impossible to get well not near impossible but u have a very low chance to get one though seeing as how only a few people lost legendary blades its not much of a problem to others

Reactions: LEO
uh its 2011 so that would be 4 years

nope still 3 years there has only been 3 years of halloween after the game was released we havent had halloween yet in 2011 meaning only 3 years has gone by but some people were in beta and have been here for maybe near 4

nope still 3 years there has only been 3 years of halloween after the game was released we havent had halloween yet in 2011 meaning only 3 years has gone by but some people were in beta and have been here for maybe near 4

no need to be technical with it

no i was not trying to argue but state why some people or at least why i am upset i mean i lost a black shirt but after a few hours i got over it sure its different with people who got cursed blades but after a while you should get over it to now if it was a legendary weapon other than silver freeze u have a reason to be angry seeing as how they are near impossible to get well not near impossible but u have a very low chance to get one though seeing as how only a few people lost legendary blades its not much of a problem to others
Alright, Staying upset will only make you feel worse as its not going to bring back what you lost. I wouldn't get upset(especially for hours) if a real shirt or item was stolen from me or lost even if very expensive unless i know i can get it back. This goes for everything, Staying/being mad/upset/angry about stuff that you know you cannot get/find again will only make it more miserable for you in the inside.

Here is something(in quotation) a friend- Grace O'Malley- said somewhere else that involves the the game resets.-
"...Unfortunately we cannot do anything to solve the issue and are therefore at the mercy of the technical experts employed by Disney.
A guildmate said today to an upset mate - "Many pirates have lost something in the reset, famed weapons etc - try and remember the fun is in the finding and getting, not in the having." That comment resonated well with me and I urge you all to look at it if at all possible, in a positive way like this."

Back