Loot Why I believe Foulberto Smasho Has A New Legendary Weapon

C

Captain Midori

So I have been thinking deeply about this and while doing my research, one thing hit me which I'll get into. As it was officially confirmed that Darkhart does indeed drop the infamous Jack Sparrow's Blade that could mean one thing. General Darkhart along with General Sandspine and Undead Timothy Dartan were mentioned in recent update notes saying they have fixed a loot bug making it so these 3 fearsome skeletons are capable of having custom loot drops. So this is oddly suspicious and seeing that Darkhart on the list has one then most likely Dartan and Sandspine have one too or else they wouldn't need to add custom loot drops to such random bosses.

Now finally this is where Foulberto Smasho comes in. We potentially know the 3 out of the 4 bosses and the mystery is the 4th boss. Now they only mentioned adding custom loot drops to 3 bosses and some people believe Devil Root, Neban, or even General Hex might have one of these legendary weapons but it just doesn't make sense. Why would any of these bosses already have custom loot drops before? That made me think that the 4th boss must of already have had custom loot drops so they didn't need to add it. The only boss in potco that I know of that has custom loot drops is none other than Foulberto Smasho. Now I know he is "notorious" for dropping the Silver Freeze but Smasho doesn't have his OWN legendary weapon. This would give pirates a reason to actually want to farm Smasho as there is really no motive right now to do so. There is no other boss that is more notorious and fearsome other than Foulberto Smasho in my eyes. Thank you for reading if you got this far haha.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts about this theory I had! Do you think Foulberto Smasho could be the mysterious 4th boss to drop a new legendary weapon?

My own personal theory suggests that Neban the Silent drops the Heart of Padres, and it makes complete sense since hes the following:
One of the highest level bosses in-game(for non cursed weapons)
He is in Padres del Fuego, surrounded by lava, inside the Volcano.
Heart of Padres is a sword that has the similar model to jack sparrows sword(not a concrete point but a noticeable one)
The lore completely supports the theory, if the developers are working closer to the games lore
Making it quite obvious

I have an idea on 2, but keeping to myself for now, as I like to loot without random ppl. Not to mention some are sooo greedy they will kill and not let you have a chance to hit, even if you were there first. But Smasho does make sense. Too bad you cant solo kill him in a timely manner :C

My own personal theory suggests that Neban the Silent drops the Heart of Padres, and it makes complete sense since hes the following:
One of the highest level bosses in-game(for non cursed weapons)
He is in Padres del Fuego, surrounded by lava, inside the Volcano.
Heart of Padres is a sword that has the similar model to jack sparrows sword(not a concrete point but a noticeable one)
The lore completely supports the theory, if the developers are working closer to the games lore
Making it quite obvious
That is ofc, if they put the sword in the game. :razz:
I personally hope there is no more swords! lol

General Darkheart drops Jack Sparrow's Blade.
There are four new legendary weapons.

There are four skeleton bosses named "General", Darkheart, Bloodless, Hex and Sandspine.

Bloodless is level 9-14. According to Wiki though, he has been reported to drop famed. He uses a dagger. Murky Hollow, Port Royal.

Hex is level 23-30. He uses a voodoo doll. Misty Mire, Tortuga.

Sandspine level 18-25. He uses grenades. Rats Nest, Tortuga.

Darkhart level 28-35. He uses a sword. Las Pulgas on Padres Del Fuego.

The locations spread out would be ideal for not having looters camping in one area. The issue is Bloodless is so low ranking. Previously the loot bosses to grind on had diversity of weapons (Koloniko grenade, Crash sword, Jimmy/twins doll, Cicatrix dagger).

Could be alternatives to look at if Naban and Timothy don't work out.

Last edited:
  • Rumor has it that four new legendary weapons have surfaced. The Brethren Court has learned that these be quite powerful - wielded by some of the most fearsome and notorious individuals in the Caribbean. Will you be one of the first to find them? Only time will tell...

Fixed an old Disney loot bug that prevented General Darkhart, General Sandspine, and Undead Timothy Dartan from having custom loot drops.
That's from the 2018-8-14 tlopo-rc-v1.17.0
release notes.

Are those two connected? If so wouldn't that make Sandspine and Dartan the other two, with General Darkhart and Nabhan the Silent having been discovered? If not what could a lower level like Sandspine (18-25 level) drop that is custom? Jacques le Blanc and Tomas Blanco are each level 35, but I would assume as brothers they either could drop the same legendary even though they are on two different islands, or each has to drop something special or neither drops a custom legendary.

Devil Root of Outcast Isle is 33-40, so he would meet the criteria of "wielded by some of the most fearsome and notorious individuals in the Caribbean." So would Remington the Vicious at 28-35 level, similar to Darkhart and Naban, but at Kingshead.

I would think if it's among these groups that Undead Timothy Darden and Devil Root are the two remaining. Darden uses Voodoo, Devil Root is uses knockdown as a tree, Darkheart a sword and Nabhan daggers. It would be strange, I think, to have Remington essentially be grinding Naban style wise just in a different location. I would guess these four over Sandspine due to the notoriety level in relation to "most fearsome and notorious individuals", and over Blanco/le Blanc over individuals as they are brothers even if separated.

• Rumor has it that four new legendary weapons have surfaced. The Brethren Court has learned that these be quite powerful - wielded by some of the most fearsome and notorious individuals in the Caribbean. Will you be one of the first to find them? Only time will tell...

Fixed an old Disney loot bug that prevented General Darkhart, General Sandspine, and Undead Timothy Dartan from having custom loot drops.
That's from the 2018-8-14 tlopo-rc-v1.17.0
release notes.

Are those two connected? If so wouldn't that make Sandspine and Dartan the other two, with General Darkhart and Nabhan the Silent having been discovered? If not what could a lower level like Sandspine (18-25 level) drop that is custom? Jacques le Blanc and Tomas Blanco are each level 35, but I would assume as brothers they either could drop the same legendary even though they are on two different islands, or each has to drop something special or neither drops a custom legendary.

Devil Root of Outcast Isle is 33-40, so he would meet the criteria of "wielded by some of the most fearsome and notorious individuals in the Caribbean." So would Remington the Vicious at 28-35 level, similar to Darkhart and Naban, but at Kingshead.

I would think if it's among these groups that Undead Timothy Darden and Devil Root are the two remaining. Darden uses Voodoo, Devil Root is uses knockdown as a tree, Darkheart a sword and Nabhan daggers. It would be strange, I think, to have Remington essentially be grinding Naban style wise just in a different location. I would guess these four over Sandspine due to the notoriety level in relation to "most fearsome and notorious individuals", and over Blanco/le Blanc over individuals as they are brothers even if separated.
You make a very good point about General Sandspine having custom loot. Yes what exactly would they possibly add to Sandspine and why? It's just way too random for this not to be connected with the 4 legendary weapons.

Im starting to believe that Foul drops the last legendary, counting me know 3 people who gotten an old legendary from Devil Root. Yes it could be bad luck but Foul defiantly fits the "Fearsome and Notorious individuals" and I haven't heard of a legendary drop from him since the update.

Im starting to believe that Foul drops the last legendary, counting me know 3 people who gotten an old legendary from Devil Root. Yes it could be bad luck but Foul defiantly fits the "Fearsome and Notorious individuals" and I haven't heard of a legendary drop from him since the update.
There were lots of Patrons and Silvers before the first Jack's Blade appeared. Also, I've heard two reports of SF's from Foul in the last week. Wouldn't make sense to give a boss who basically owns Silver Freeze another legendary in my eyes.

There were lots of Patrons and Silvers before the first Jack's Blade appeared. Also, I've heard two reports of SF's from Foul in the last week. Wouldn't make sense to give a boss who basically owns Silver Freeze another legendary in my eyes.

while he might indeed have one ( due to power and popularity ), the day i got my SF from him, 5 more people did too. So, I kinda agree with him owning SF.

Could the last weapon be the Heart of Padres Del Feugo at Bonerattler?

He uses a similar dagger attack as Remington and Neban, and is a skeleton like Darkhart, like Darkhart and Neban he's on Padres. I'm guessing if he has one it would be Heart of Padres because Jack Sparrow's Blade initially was insane, and Heart is also a fantastic sword. Bonerattler is literally at the heart of Padres Del Fuego as well.

He's an essentially unlooted boss, which would explain no one finding the fourth weapon. The issue is he is level 18-25. Where better options like Dartan is 23-30 and Devil Root is 35-40. However people have been grinding those two, as well as Jacques Le Blanc and Tomas Blanco (level 35 each).

I killed him for a little bit today after running across him for a quest, and I am not sure if his level is too low to drop a loot skull for a level 50. I didn't fight him long enough to really get an answer to that, but if he can't drop for 50s I think that would rule him out as an option.

Just a thought. Also according to wiki Heart of Padres was a redemption code weapon, so having it be dropped by a lower level boss wouldn't necessarily be the end of the world.

I think most clear thinking folks have thought that Devil Root is our boy but it is now taking so long that doubt has crept in. There are two possibilities: 1) that people have given up too early 2) that it is not Devil Root

If it isn't Devil Root then who? I'm in the camp that wants to discount Foulberto which to my mind leaves the White brothers, Tim, Bonerattler, and General Hex; I feel General Sandspine is too low and obscure. Since Neban and Remy are in I doubt the Whites since they are a pair like the EITC pair. There already are 2 on Padres so why 3? This kinda leaves General Hex or that ppl gave up too early on Devil Root. Who knows, maybe it is one the Whites or even both, like the Twins in Forsaken Shallows sharing???

Back