Why not have queue time instead of reserve times?

Since there is still quite a bit of crashing, this would result in people who crash having to wait quite a while to get back in.

I think a queue time with (1 person logs out; 1 person can join) to login would be a lot better than having to reserve a time slot to play.
I have a beta key but I personally ENJOYED the reserve system (shocker). If you and your friend want to play at the same time, you can reserve that same time. If it were a queue system instead, then there's no definite time you can both be online at, though people do log off and on constantly so I guess it wouldn't be too hard to get in at the same time. Hmm. Overall an interesting idea, but not my cup of coffee.
:harry:

Too many easy ways around the afk checkers, they will simply use the auto run to run in circles while they are afk.
actually I think in the past I have been afk while auto running. you have to have some sort of input to the game. Could still be manipulated though you are right.

I don't think a queue time would work. Then what would happen to those who have a beta key? If they crashed or logged out and the servers filled up, would they not be allowed back into the game? People could be waiting for a very long time for someone to log out/crash in order to play. The developers would also have little control over how many people would be able to be on at once, which could cause unintended bugs and glitches with the servers trying to send messages and data back and forth, and with lots of people on, it can become congested and create considerable amounts of lag.

Back