Why Ships need a Boot Option

Yulia Clearwater

Honorable Pirate
8dc74167703b186c08237ba2424d8703%201_zpsp6wq2goa.png

Obviously there are pirates out there who could abuse the boot system, so feel free to share your thoughts on a workaround for unwarrented booting.
Here are a few possible ideas that have already been shared on this thread:
if a pirate had been inactive, meaning not landing a shot on an enemy ship, for say 5 minutes then he or she could then be booted.
a "Blacklist" system should be added, which prevents listed players from ever joining your ship, public or not, again.
a votekick system. The captain of the ship (and only the captain) can propose to kick a player off the ship, or walk the plank, to give it a more pirate-y theme. The shipmates vote on it, and the majority vote wins. The captain won't be able to "troll" because as long as the majority of the crew is made up of sensible people, the player won't be booted off unless he is truly being a pest.

Last edited:
SUGGESTION:
Instead of just the teleportation animation or none at all..
The player being booted hears the jack sparrow - digging music as they look down and dive into the water but as soon as they hit the water the loading screen for Tortuga/Port Royal/Whatever last teleported island they were on shows up :D

Go ahead and implement it. But I think we should be careful because people could easily abuse the system.
For example you could be docking with loads of cargo then suddenly the captain boots everyone off before porting.
Maybe add a bot or something to monitor boots?

I think a potential workaround could be if a pirate had been inactive, meaning not landing a shot on an enemy ship, for say 5 minutes then he or she could then be booted.

I'd really love this for open world. I've had way too many incompetent crew members who have refused to participate or just cause mayhem by attacking 10 other ships while the rest of the crew is focusing on another one.

Back