Why Ships need a Boot Option

Somewhat against Booting off ship. I have found far too many poor captains compared to bad crew mates tbh. A great sailor is far and few between. Not just in sailing technique but in setting a great tone for the trip.
I am quick to jump ship, no need to boot me, you couldn't click fast enough. Yes I am sailor snob. You can Blame it on Iron Thunder and my first sailor in my collection Snow. (waves)

I would love to see afk option for cannons, like those on fishing spots though. Maybe a much shorter time spans before you are considered afk. Lazy crew mates don't bother me, happy to share my loot, and some that board often just don't understand what a good captains is doing, Happy to teach them. If we do get the boot option, I would consider using it solely for afk cannons. But would much prefer just to have the cannon opened up. When I open to public I expect anything. Have some interesting runs, amusing, painful, playful runs. I would hate for people to become less likely to join a public ship for fear of booting captains and crew. And totally against the anyone but the captain deciding if you were to implement boot option. Capts ship, not crew.

Hmm interesting
I feel like this will lead to a lot of bull but it is needed. A sad trade off. People will decide that for example you have been on the ship for like 30 minutes fighting and then their friend wants to join so you get kicked to make room. They have every right to do so but it just sucks. Regardless we need a kick system.

It's all ogre now

Untitled.png

I was always confused as to why we could kick from SvS but not from normal sailing

As Shrek would say: this is mah swamp.

you own it you should be able to kick from it.
Because svs is just for fun you didn't get anything for doing it until they added badges

I like the idea of a boot option bc I've had pirates come on my ships with auto-click on and they sit on a cannon and may strike an enemy once or twice. It's annoying but I've never been that upset about it. A boot option would just be convenient for stuff like that. I can understand the arguments on both sides though.

Please don't add boot to regular sailing. I don't care if someone comes and afk, you get the same amount of loot either way. But if you join a ship and help out looting for an hour or so and then getting kicked feels terrible. Adding booting will only cause more harm and only satisfy the people who feel entitled on who is worthy of loot.

There should Indeed a boot system. Vote to boot. 7/7 Chose to boot you. Reason: AFK. That's my Idea on it then if you wrongly voted off of a ship then report it to a moderator to have look into it. if you where found to be wrongly booted the Victim should receive a large amount of Gold or a Famed loot item or a double XP Potion. As for the people that wrongly booted you shall receive a suspension or a ban warning. I 100% support this. I sat here and thought about this topic and I love this idea.

There should Indeed a boot system. Vote to boot. 7/7 Chose to boot you. Reason: AFK. That's my Idea on it then if you wrongly voted off of a ship then report it to a moderator to have look into it. if you where found to be wrongly booted the Victim should receive a large amount of Gold or a Famed loot item or a double XP Potion. As for the people that wrongly booted you shall receive a suspension or a ban warning. I 100% support this. I sat here and thought about this topic and I love this idea.
No, if this was implemented the captain should have 100% full control over who gets kicked and everything that happens on the ship. No kicked player should receive any loot, whether the kick was justified or unjustified.

You see now why this idea should not be implemented under any circumstances.

No, if this was implemented the captain should have 100% full control over who gets kicked and everything that happens on the ship. No kicked player should receive any loot, whether the kick was justified or unjustified.

I agree, then people would abuse the booting power.

This is a function in world of warcraft and I'm wondering if you feel similarly about that? Just askin.

I could have sworn there was a feature on POTCO where you could set the permissions for who can go on your ship. I thought you could make it to where your ship was private or make it to where the guild or crew was only allowed on.

Then again, I never really felt the need to kick anybody off my ship. I don't remember having too much of a hassle with people other than the times that I decide to let go of the wheel for one second and find I am being hijacked. Usually with the guild, we would hold plundering events for ourselves and invite anyone to join us that was around (guild member or not) at the time and tell them to go wild.

BUT if we need a solution, I would suggest a permissions. No booting required really; if someone begins to annoy you, just sail to the nearest island (with a shipwright at least), set permissions to private or meh, then back onto to plundering!

I have no problem booting anyone gone afk.
In fact, that should be the trigger to alert the captain and crew that someone's not playing.
I have had more than one recent episode with players going afk on cannons to make it look like they're active.
Go afk on a ship, get booted automatically.
Simple.

That's why I said Vote to Kick

Back