Why Ships need a Boot Option

Um.. this is a feature in TLOPO and it was in POTCO, but doesn't help with the issue we are looking to fix mate.

I could have sworn there was a feature on POTCO where you could set the permissions for who can go on your ship. I thought you could make it to where your ship was private or make it to where the guild or crew was only allowed on.

Then again, I never really felt the need to kick anybody off my ship. I don't remember having too much of a hassle with people other than the times that I decide to let go of the wheel for one second and find I am being hijacked. Usually with the guild, we would hold plundering events for ourselves and invite anyone to join us that was around (guild member or not) at the time and tell them to go wild.

BUT if we need a solution, I would suggest a permissions. No booting required really; if someone begins to annoy you, just sail to the nearest island (with a shipwright at least), set permissions to private or meh, then back onto to plundering!

Even this idea that Maus suggested is better than no boot feature. I think the boot option should be like how booting/kicking works on CSGO.

The captain starts the vote (I suggest by going to the player's card and having some button for booting). The player being booted's vote is automatically a no. (Starts with 1 Yes, 1 No). Then, all the other players aboard the ship vote Yes or No (perhaps by a combination of keys or a function key?). In CSGO, F1 and F2 are used for this but we already use these buttons for a different feature.

There should Indeed a boot system. Vote to boot. 7/7 Chose to boot you. Reason: AFK. That's my Idea on it then if you wrongly voted off of a ship then report it to a moderator to have look into it. if you where found to be wrongly booted the Victim should receive a large amount of Gold or a Famed loot item or a double XP Potion. As for the people that wrongly booted you shall receive a suspension or a ban warning. I 100% support this. I sat here and thought about this topic and I love this idea.

Even this idea that Maus suggested is better than no boot feature. I think the boot option should be like how booting/kicking works on CSGO.

The captain starts the vote (I suggest by going to the player's card and having some button for booting). The player being booted's vote is automatically a no. (Starts with 1 Yes, 1 No). Then, all the other players aboard the ship vote Yes or No (perhaps by a combination of keys or a function key?). In CSGO, F1 and F2 are used for this but we already use these buttons for a different feature.

TF2 and CS:GO have this system, as well as plenty of other games. It is actually better than just a kick option. Vote kicking is more interactive for everyone. Although, some people can just make alts and board the ship to not vote at all, or just say no. Similar to cs:go's "premade" problem. If let's say 80% + of the crew agrees to kick, then I can see the use in this feature, otherwise, nothing is really solved.

Um.. this is a feature in TLOPO and it was in POTCO, but doesn't help with the issue we are looking to fix mate.

Sorry, Didn't know they implemented that into TLOPO, still haven't touched the game yet, so don't know all the things they have in there. xD

But it does help, it's a preventive system so you wouldn't have to deal with those kind of people. I for one hate the CS:GO voting system (EVERYONE on your team must vote YES excluding the guy being kicked), it's easy to get around and just as easily abusive.

I do agree with a majority vote, however. If I see the permissions that are in the game I could make a better opinion, but I think just using permissions are a better solution.

I guess you could blacklist people you never want on your ships. At this point, I would just need to play the game, take a look at all the features that are currently in, then make a stronger opinion lol.

Edit: actually, after thinking about it a lot more, I can't really see how it's abusive if it's YOUR ship, your ship your rules lol.

Last edited:
TF2 and CS:GO have this system, as well as plenty of other games. It is actually better than just a kick option. Vote kicking is more interactive for everyone. Although, some people can just make alts and board the ship to not vote at all, or just say no. Similar to cs:go's "premade" problem. If let's say 80% + of the crew agrees to kick, then I can see the use in this feature, otherwise, nothing is really solved.
I agree with this, he explained it well, too

In such a scheme it should be only the captain of the ship owner's crew than could boot someone except the owner of the ship that should never be booted. If the owner is not in the crew then it should fall on him/her to have boot authority. It sounds simple but really isn't. I do think it is important to implement a way to rid your ship of unwanted crew, other than porting or sinking deliberately, which I did resort to a few times in POTCO when I got such as Yulia's example. Oh, and booted crew should never get loot!!! This scheme can not be abused as someone suggested because if you boot people unfairly you will gain that reputation and people will steer clear of you and your public ship, it's your ship and you should be able to choose who you sail with.

Last edited:
If this was implemented, players would need to get the ship loot when kicked. This would be an absolute must if there is to be a ship boot option.
I respectfully disagree; you are the captain's guest on his ship and if you upset him you should go, with no parting gifts. Anytime you feel you have been unfairly booted you will not likely forget and should steer clear of that captain as sailing with him does not pay. If it was an extreme case you should report it, that should be your only recourse. This would keep what happened to Yulia, and to all of us on occasion if we opened our ship to the public in POTCO, from continuing to occur in TLOPO.

I respectfully disagree; you are the captain's guest on his ship and if you upset him you should go, with no parting gifts. Anytime you feel you have been unfairly booted you will not likely forget and should steer clear of that captain as sailing with him does not pay. If it was an extreme case you should report it, that should be your only recourse. This would keep what happened to Yulia, and to all of us on occasion if we opened our ship to the public in POTCO, from continuing to occur in TLOPO.
If this idea proceeds as you want it to there would be no such thing as an unfair boot, because as you see it the operations of the ship are 100% up to the captain.

add a fully animated feature where if you kick someone off your ship (assuming the feature is added) that a plank appears on the side of the ship and the player walks it and hops off then thats what ports them back to island haha
I feel like that would be great.. But a colossal waste of time on the devs part XD

If this idea proceeds as you want it to there would be no such thing as an unfair boot, because as you see it the operations of the ship are 100% up to the captain.
While I do think operations of the ship should be 100% up to the captain I also think it is the captains responsibility to treat his crew fairly. I think that it is more than fair to boot a crew member that doesn't contribute or is whining about wanting to port, wanting the helm, or wanting to sink certain ships and won't stop after the captain says no. BUT..... I also think a captain that takes a crew on a mat run with little issues underway and then boots the crew when the hold is full and he is about to port should be reported and banned. The crew are your guests and should be treated as such; conversely your guests should behave as good guests do.

I've certainly experienced situations where as Captain I've asked Pirates standing around to repair or WE'LL SINK and no one has lifted a finger, we've sunk and all our plunder with us. Some were AFK others maybe didn't understand English others just stood there and kept saying "Port,Port,Port!"

In those situations I would have really appreciated being able to say "Repair ye Mangy Dogs or else it be the plank for ye!", I think that would have got them going. So at least one or two warnings and I think the rest of the Crew would understand... complaints I think would be unlikely.
:daggermouth:
:walk the plank:
:ar::pirate ship::flag1:

I think if players not participating get loot then a lot of ships captains will just not allow anyone but friends and crew aboard ship, freeloaders don't need a reward for being freeloaders.

Back