Loot Why The (New) Legendary Cursed So Rare? (Solution?)

What solution do you think the TLOPO team should make?

• Solution 1

Votes: 33 57.9%
  • Solution 2

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Solution 3

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • None.

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff
Firstly, I want to make it CLEAR that this thread is NOT about "How to find the new Legendary Cursed" or "Do the new Legendary even drop?"

This thread is addressing why Boss' Loot Drop Rate (Meaning the rate of SKULLS) is the cause of the new Legendary Cursed not being found. It is NOT the drop rate of the new Legendary Cursed at fault. (Which if you did not know was buffed in update v1.12.2)​

The Problem: What I believe the TLOPO team overlooked in this update which is causing so much 'stress' and 'doubt'. Is that boss loot drop rate. (Which I will remind you is the rate of skull, not what is 'inside' them.) is CLEARLY the same as your normal "Red Tag" enemy. This has been a known problem since the release of TLOPO [Beta]. This means, if you are farming a Gold Room with siege. You have 4x the chances of finding a skull that can drop a legendary cursed than a boss (Which is normally 1, with the exception of Drizzel and Drench) This brings the problem that each of the 6 new legendary cursed are FOUR TIMES more rare than a normal LEGENDARY CURSED.

Now, instead of 'trashing' the idea the TLOPO team has suggested and given to us like wild loot elitist.
(That is addressing myself btw...) Let's discuss reasonable solution to this 'problem' without telling the development team to just "Trash the Boss idea"

Possible solutions:

Solution 1.)
Increase the rate in which skulls and loot chests are dropped for boss level enemies.
- This would make boss' drop a higher amount of chests and skulls. Instead of having it the same as your average red tag enemy.

Solution 2.) Boss' ALWAYS drop loot.
- How many times have you SLOWLY killed a 50,000 hp boss.... and it didn't drop a single pouch? This will increase the drop rate by making drop rate fixed. Making them ALWAYS drop at least, a pouch.

Solution 3.) Boss' ALWAYS drop loot & NEVER drop pouches.
- This is really if all else fails type solution... This will not only 100% the odds of loot, but ALWAYS give you a loot chest or skull. (If you did not know, you CAN loot Legendary Cursed in chest. It is just very rare.)

So this is my ideas of why the new update is upsetting so many people. I do want to stress once again... THIS IS NOT THE DEVELOPMENT TEAMS FAULT. This new area with the boss' being the only enemies who drop new Legendary Cursed is a fine new mix up for the community, and I truly appreciate all they do and have worked on to give us this opportunity to loot different for nothing less than NEW LEGENDARY! So as a [Beta] tester I am trying to give them as much respectful feedback as I can. So please keep this in mind when not only responding to this forums post, but in general.

Last edited:
I think this is a good idea to bring up. Or rather, set of ideas. For a lot of people including myself, it’s reached the point where I don’t care if I find one anymore. I just want someone else to, so I can see them, and then just go back to normal looting.
I think the drop rate needs to be severely increased for skulls, or the new LC should be found island wide on RC and Tormenta.

I think this is a good idea to bring up. Or rather, set of ideas. For a lot of people including myself, it’s reached the point where I don’t care if I find one anymore. I just want someone else to, so I can see them, and then just go back to normal looting.
I think the drop rate needs to be severely increased for skulls, or the new LC should be found island wide on RC and Tormenta.
See now this is what I originally thought.... a SIMPLE fix would be "Tormenta and RC wide". I am sure the team realizes this would be the 'easy' way out. They hear our voices after all... However, I want to give solutions that focus on how to FIX boss' drop so they can keep their creative idea of finding all 6 from all 6 boss (types).

Unfortunately, I am only seeing a decrease in the community's morale.... and frankly it's effecting staff just as much. I really want to help give them a easier solution that won't just 'demoralize' the community or staff's ideas anymore.

<3 Thank you for your feedback Matthew. It means a lot. <3

Edit - I just thought of another option....

Solution 4.) Make it were you CAN'T get the OLD Legendary (Meaning the old 7) from the new boss'.
- This will make the drops separate and able to farm either new or old LC. Increasing the odds for new LC while keeping the value of the old LC intact.

Last edited:
I think a reason why the morale is so low and people are getting frustrated is because of the boss' drop rates, which I think should be increased. Think back to the POTCO days, why did people loot DH at Abassa so much? For Lost Sword. People did not get Lost Sword that often from there, but the drop rates were high enough that people would still get famed weapons on the regular, which was enough to keep coming back. With these new bosses, we loot them for the new legendaries, but there aren't enough skulls/famed weapons to keep people staying. Getting Lost Sword from DH was super rare, and you could get it elsewhere, but since these weapons are also insanely rare, and its the only place to get them from, it's easy to lose interest quicker. If DH was the only enemy that dropped Lost Sword, way less people would have looted there. They don't need to mess with the legendary drop rates, but making skulls pop up more frequently (as well as rare/famed weapons), would stop much of the complaining imo.

*Also, this is assuming that simply looting the bosses are the key to getting new legendaries.*

I'm actually glad these new legendaries are so hard to acquire. It's ridiculous drop rates have been buffed so much that we've seen people get more than 1 legendary cursed in one day.

A good solution to the problem at hand would be to make boss loot proportional to the damage one does to them. I know this goes against conventional looting mechanics, but it seems absurd to me that soloing a boss vs. hitting the boss once in a large mass should yield the same chance at getting good loot.

I'd like so see the base legendary drop chance equivalent to doing 10% or less damage. Once you do more than 10% damage, your drop chance would increase proportionally, meaning soloing the boss would give you 10x the chance of the base rate.

I think this would be a good way to reward skilled players, while still keeping the new legendaries hard to obtain.

3rd solution sounds good to me because they are bosses with so much more hp but if these new blades have very good stats then maybe no solution is needed.

I'm actually glad these new legendaries are so hard to acquire. It's ridiculous drop rates have been buffed so much that we've seen people get more than 1 legendary cursed in one day.

A good solution to the problem at hand would be to make boss loot proportional to the damage one does to them. I know this goes against conventional looting mechanics, but it seems absurd to me that soloing a boss vs. hitting the boss once in a large mass should yield the same chance at getting good loot.

I'd like so see the base legendary drop chance equivalent to doing 10% or less damage. Once you do more than 10% damage, your drop chance would increase proportionally, meaning soloing the boss would give you 10x the chance of the base rate.

I think this would be a good way to reward skilled players, while still keeping the new legendaries hard to obtain.
I'm sorry... but this idea would require so much coding and create so much drama I don't even know were to start... high levels would just resort to using explosives and Blunderbuss to STEAL dmg from lower players not giving them ANY time at all to get any loot.... then you would have SERVER wars over the new boss'... which would cause all KINDS of trouble and complaints to the devs... not to mention just pure work.

Honestly I feel like a mix of all three of these should be applied based on the level of the boss. A level 52 boss for example should have a much higher drop rate of items than a level 30 boss and thusly should drop better loot. I domt think any boss higher than 40 should be able to drop a lot pouch at all especially not one with a single crude weapon in it.

At the best minimum each time a boss dies he should drop an amount of gold relative to his level even if he doesn't stop anything else

*EDIT*

That being said I really DO NOT want the bosses to have a drop-rate as high as foulberto. He does a ton of damage and is high level but it seems like every single kill drops a famed item for someone. It kind of makes getting any famed knives a slap in the face and I dont want that to happen with the new LC/ any new items that get added

Last edited:
Honestly I feel like a mix of all three of these should be applied based on the level of the boss. A level 52 boss for example should have a much higher drop rate of items than a level 30 boss and thusly should drop better loot. I domt think any boss higher than 40 should be able to drop a lot pouch at all especially not one with a single crude weapon in it.

At the best minimum each time a boss dies he should drop an amount of gold relative to his level even if he doesn't stop anything else

*EDIT*

That being said I really DO NOT want the bosses to have a drop-rate as high as foulberto. He does a ton of damage and is high level but it seems like every single kill drops a famed item for someone. It kind of makes getting any famed knives a slap in the face and I dont want that to happen with the new LC/ any new items that get added

I totally agree with this. As Charles said above, 1 'red tagged' enemy from the gold room has the same odds of dropping a skull as any boss in tormenta. That doesn't seem fair to me. And not JUST for the new bosses and new legendaries, but rather for all 'red tagged' bosses -- simply because they take longer to kill. With this being said, I don't think a foulberto based drop rate is totally out of the picture.

Without foulberto, most people didn't care about silver freeze or even bother to loot for it. But with foulberto, everyone had a decent chance of finding it, so they kept looting. Dozens of people would gather in The Cave of Lost Souls because they had a chance to find Silver Freeze.

When the RC story quest was released in December, there was so much excitement about "who's gonna be the first to get all 5". And within weeks, dozens of people were walking around with brand new legendaries! People had so much incentive to keep looting because they knew they had a chance at finding a LC.

They point is, legendaries weren't THAT hard to find. There was a wonderfully middle-ground between, everyone having all they famed and legendaries they could ever wish for, and nobody having anything. I hope I can speak for other looters when I say I was satisfied with they way things were. However, it wasn't like this forever -- after all, it is Beta. Who remembers how broken fishing loot was? Who remembers how broken loot runs were? But look at them now. I think the devs have done a wonderfully job at listening to feedback and balancing this game. And Im confident they can do it again with these new legendaries.

I would just like to have a container drop with each kill, it’s rather depressing when you kill a boss several times and the best you get is a loot bag with things darkheart wouldn’t even drop. Legends should be rare but I think added chances for just lvl 30 weapons in general would boost the incentive to loot for these weapons.( example: rare cursed, famed and famed cursed have increased chances to drop but not insane)

I feel that it's really cool that they are hard to get and that no one has yet found one. As long as they really are in game I support leaving everything the way it is. The super looters will eventually adjust to not having everything and it really is putting the common looters in a position to get something that the even the best and most prolific looters won't get easily. I think items that are in game but not actually looted yet are a wonderful addition to the game. Let's leave things as they are and enjoy the game.

The fact that I haven’t found one yet makes me want to dissagree... but if im being completely honest, then yeah they’re a little bit too easy to find.
I spent about 5 hours looking one day and found 7 famed and 2 legendary's

Last edited:
I spent about 5 hours looking one day and found 7 famed and 2 legendary's
thats either a bug or you got luckier than any human being who plays this game. Even when fishing loot was as busted as it was when I was spending 8 hours a day fishing for about 2 weeks and i averaged a famed roughly every 2 hours and only 3 legendarily out of the entire time. Thats a busted drop rate, what you are describing is either a bug or you are the luckiest player in this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back