Loot Why The (New) Legendary Cursed So Rare? (Solution?)

What solution do you think the TLOPO team should make?

• Solution 1

Votes: 33 57.9%
  • Solution 2

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Solution 3

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • None.

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats either a bug or you got luckier than any human being who plays this game. Even when fishing loot was as busted as it was when I was spending 8 hours a day fishing for about 2 weeks and i averaged a famed roughly every 2 hours and only 3 legendarily out of the entire time. Thats a busted drop rate, what you are describing is either a bug or you are the luckiest player in this game
Maybe it was sailing, there was a time where some people were pulling 5 famed in a single run and there are also several screenshots of double Silver freeze in one single run.

thats either a bug or you got luckier than any human being who plays this game. Even when fishing loot was as busted as it was when I was spending 8 hours a day fishing for about 2 weeks and i averaged a famed roughly every 2 hours and only 3 legendarily out of the entire time. Thats a busted drop rate, what you are describing is either a bug or you are the luckiest player in this game
I would say I typically get a famed about every 1-2 hours in the Gold Room and less elsewhere, legendarys drop much less often. In 5 hours of serious looting in the Gold Room I would expect to get 3 famed and no legendaries. I would think it is possible that 7 famed and 2 legends might drop in an extreme and very rare case owing to the games propensity to rapidly drop dupes. It does seem extremely atypical for sure.

Maybe it was sailing, there was a time where some people were pulling 5 famed in a single run and there are also several screenshots of double Silver freeze in one single run.
Silver Freeze #4, Silver Freeze #5.png

Firstly, I want to make it CLEAR that this thread is NOT about "How to find the new Legendary Cursed" or "Do the new Legendary even drop?"

This thread is addressing why Boss' Loot Drop Rate (Meaning the rate of SKULLS) is the cause of the new Legendary Cursed not being found. It is NOT the drop rate of the new Legendary Cursed at fault. (Which if you did not know was buffed in update v1.12.2)​

The Problem: What I believe the TLOPO team overlooked in this update which is causing so much 'stress' and 'doubt'. Is that boss loot drop rate. (Which I will remind you is the rate of skull, not what is 'inside' them.) is CLEARLY the same as your normal "Red Tag" enemy. This has been a known problem since the release of TLOPO [Beta]. This means, if you are farming a Gold Room with siege. You have 4x the chances of finding a skull that can drop a legendary cursed than a boss (Which is normally 1, with the exception of Drizzel and Drench) This brings the problem that each of the 6 new legendary cursed are FOUR TIMES more rare than a normal LEGENDARY CURSED.

Now, instead of 'trashing' the idea the TLOPO team has suggested and given to us like wild loot elitist.
(That is addressing myself btw...) Let's discuss reasonable solution to this 'problem' without just telling to development team "Trash the Boss idea"

Possible solutions:

Solution 1.)
Increase the drop rate of skull drops and loot chest for boss level enemies.
- This would make boss' drop a higher amount of cheat and skulls than your average red tag cursed enemy.

Solution 2.) Boss' ALWAYS drop loot.
- How many times have you SLOWLY killed a 50,000 hp boss.... and it didn't drop a single pouch? This will increase the drop rate by making drop rate fixed.

Solution 3.) Boss' ALWAYS drop loot & NEVER drop pouches.
- This is really if all else fails type solution... This will not only 100% the odds of loot, but ALWAYS give you a loot chest or skull. (If you did not know, you CAN loot Legendary Cursed in chest. It is just very rare.)

So this is my ideas of why the new update is upsetting so many people. I do want to stress once again... THIS IS NOT THE DEVELOPMENT TEAMS FAULT. This new area with the boss' being the only enemies who drop new Legendary Cursed is a fine new mix up for the community, and I truly appreciate all they do and have worked on to give us this opportunity to loot different for nothing less than NEW LEGENDARY! So as a [Beta] tester I am trying to give them as much respectful feedback as I can. So please keep this in mind when not only whole responding to this forums post, but in general.
"This new area with the boss' being the only enemies who drop new Legendary Cursed is a fine new mix up for the community, and I truly appreciate all they do and have worked on to give us this opportunity to loot different for nothing less than NEW LEGENDARY! So as a [Beta] tester I am trying to give them as much respectful feedback as I can. So please keep this in mind when not only whole responding to this forums post, but in general."

I'm sorry Chaz, but can you link me to any official announcement that it is only the new bosses that drop the new legendary items?
I've never seen that coming from the devs themselves.
Thanks.

"This new area with the boss' being the only enemies who drop new Legendary Cursed is a fine new mix up for the community, and I truly appreciate all they do and have worked on to give us this opportunity to loot different for nothing less than NEW LEGENDARY! So as a [Beta] tester I am trying to give them as much respectful feedback as I can. So please keep this in mind when not only whole responding to this forums post, but in general."

I'm sorry Chaz, but can you link me to any official announcement that it is only the new bosses that drop the new legendary items?
I've never seen that coming from the devs themselves.
Thanks.

The devs have never specifically said the bosses are the only way to get them. But between them saying normal looting isn't the way to go, "stick to the six," the amount of new LC's matching up with the amount of new bosses (one way or the other) and the fact that the only new LC's have been found were via bosses (despite the presumed massive amount of kills on regular enemies in Forshaken Shallows/Mines/Cursed Caverns), it's safe to say that it's more than likely the bosses are carrying the new LC's. Yes, you are technically right there has been no direct statement... but that is because they are intentionally keeping quiet, so we must use the evidence we have right now. But your post won't age well when the rest are found from bosses.

Last edited:
I think that it's great that only 2 of the new legendaries have been found so far. Having super rare items in game is a huge improvement to the game from my point of view. Since everyone is unlimited access in tlopo there has been a huge increase in the number of players with inventories that are nearly as good as you can get. Adding these new weapons and making them so difficult to get gives top level players something to try for and will keep them trying for a long time, genius.

The devs have never specifically said the bosses are the only way to get them. But between them saying normal looting isn't the way to go, "stick to the six," the amount of new LC's matching up with the amount of new bosses (one way or the other) and the fact that the only new LC's have been found were via bosses (despite the presumed massive amount of kills on regular enemies in Forshaken Shallows/Mines/Cursed Caverns), it's safe to safe that it's more than likely the bosses are carrying the new LC's. Yes, you are technically right there has been no direct statement... but that is because they are intentionally keeping quiet, so we must use the evidence we have right now. But your post won't age well when the rest are found from bosses.
Aye, and hence much confusion and inventive thinking, for the dev's did not say 'normal looting isn't the way to go', they only said 'NORMAL EVERYDAY ENEMY' with no real comments about looting techniques.

Hey, Charles, this is a little off-topic but I'd like to make a suggestion for the formatting of your post. I understand that you want to highlight words for emphasis, but could you not use yellow or white highlights? It makes it extremely hard or even impossible to read. The red or orange highlights are much better!
Examples: https://gyazo.com/37cdcd3e8893b567329f4614f4bb51d9
https://gyazo.com/06a1133e2ea58ebc0c0b0eb30c51afab
Maybe blue and green as anyone with the 'pirates dark' probably struggles to read the reds. On dark the reds are nearly invisible. I just highlight the text and then can read them.

Last edited:
Maybe blue and green as anyone with the 'pirates dark' probably struggles to read the reds. On dark the reds are nearly invisible. I just highlight the text and then can read them.
That's what I do as well, I just highlight it so I can read it. What's pirates dark and how can I enable it? I love dark modes.

Looting Bosses in general has become obsolete and pointless lately.
None of the Bosses drop any loot in any appreciable manner.
Spent almost 2 hours at Foulberto, got nada.
No one even goes to the other bosses any more because they don't drop even pouches most times, let alone skulls or anything worth picking up.
But that being said, it's kinda cool that the new legendary weapons are harder to get.
A good challenge indeed.

Looting Bosses in general has become obsolete and pointless lately.
None of the Bosses drop any loot in any appreciable manner.
Spent almost 2 hours at Foulberto, got nada.
No one even goes to the other bosses any more because they don't drop even pouches most times, let alone skulls or anything worth picking up.
But that being said, it's kinda cool that the new legendary weapons are harder to get.
A good challenge indeed.
Odd that tedium is considered challenge now.

Hey, Charles, this is a little off-topic but I'd like to make a suggestion for the formatting of your post. I understand that you want to highlight words for emphasis, but could you not use yellow or white highlights? It makes it extremely hard or even impossible to read. The red or orange highlights are much better!
Examples: https://gyazo.com/37cdcd3e8893b567329f4614f4bb51d9
https://gyazo.com/06a1133e2ea58ebc0c0b0eb30c51afab
In the future, please tag the person you are replying to. - I helps them know they should respond the THAT post.

Secondly, I will update that now. I was unaware there was even a 'light' forums option... due to always having "Dark Mode" since its release. My apologizes.

In the future, please tag the person you are replying to. - I helps them know they should respond the THAT post.

Secondly, I will update that now. I was unaware there was even a 'light' forums option... due to always having "Dark Mode" since its release. My apologizes.
What's tagging? lol

The fact that like 3 of these total have been found in little over a month means they’re WAY too hard to find. They need to make them easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back