Votes: 28 8.3%
  • No.

Votes: 198 58.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Yellowrat

Notorious Pirate
Hey guys, I figured I would just throw my two cents into the whole trading debate, is it a good idea, or a bad idea?

It's a bad idea.

Trading is going to be a disaster. It's a short term solution to a long term problem and will cause people to get bored and stop playing. What was it that made this game so unique that it kept people playing year after year? And how proud are you going to be that you purchased that weapon rather than found it by hard work?

Let's be honest, looting is the primary in-game mechanic that keeps people interested in the game.

I've already talked to SEVERAL prominent looters in the TLOPO community who said they were going to QUIT the game if trading is implemented. One of these people being @Charles Warmonk

ANYTHING that causes this kind of reaction is probably not in the game's best interests.

If they are going to add trading, I at least hope there are restrictions on what you can trade.

I know there are plenty of people who want trading because they've been searching for so long for a weapon or clothing item that they just can't seem to find, and they want to be able to just purchase said item so they can finally have it. Isn't the struggle of looting hours and hours for a weapon most of the fun? That moment when you finally get that prized item you've been looking for, there's nothing like it. The whole concept of looting will be forever tainted if trading is implemented.

I'm not a developer, but I am asking them to seriously think about what would be in the game's best LONG TERM interests. Trading would severely ruin the RNG aspect of TLOPO, some people just aren't as lucky as others, that's just how it is.

As far as the looting community is concerned, if you value the concept of looting and the items that you find while looting, I encourage you not to trade. Looting is about the self-gratification and joy of when you finally find a legendary or a famed or a bright, that feeling doesn't exist if you can just purchase the items instead.

I've already talked to SEVERAL prominent looters in the TLOPO community who said they were going to QUIT the game if trading is implemented. One of these people being @Charles Warmonk
They have nearly 100,000 registered players. Losing 5 players is like losing one hair strand to them.

It sounds to me like some players dont want Trading because they wont be as "cool" or "Looting Masters" if more people obtain the weapons they have. This is honestly pretty silly.

I say us looters go on a trade strike!
I mean, you're not being forced to Trade.... if you dont want to do it then dont and keep on looting. It's that simple.

____
Trading is an amazing idea, TLOPO has my full support.

To the devs: Youre all doing an amazing job. I know you guys get criticized for nearly everything you do when your intentions are nothing but good. On top of this, youre paying out of pocket to keep this project running. I am very thankful for all you have done for this community.

I say us looters go on a trade strike!
Yea!!! Don't trade! Woohoo!!

Oh wait... nobody is forcing you to trade... lol. The looters on a higher moral standing than us lowly people who are interested in the prospect of trading don't have to trade. It's optional. Trading must occur between two parties... so if you don't want to trade, there is no trade. If people quit a game that was gone for three years because of trading, well that is quite silly besides the fact that they are lying. People threaten to quit to try to gain leverage... if people quit oh well... I can count the amount of people who have threatened to quit on two hands. Why would you quit a game that has been gone for 3 years and now is suddenly back? It's very silly. Not mentioning the fact that people threaten to quit/announce their leaving for attention. I've seen three threads where they said they were going to quit because of actions taken by TLOPO, only to see them log in 1 day later. ;)

Last edited:
They have nearly 100,000 registered players. Losing 5 players is like losing one hair strand to them.

It sounds to me like some players dont want Trading because they wont be as "cool" or "Looting Masters" if more people obtain the weapons they have. This is honestly pretty silly.

I mean, you're not being forced to Trade.... if you dont want to do it then dont and keep on looting. It's that simple.

____
Trading is an amazing idea, TLOPO has my full support.

To the devs: Youre all doing an amazing job. I know you guys get criticized for nearly everything you do when your intentions are nothing but good. On top of this, youre paying out of pocket to keep this project running. I am very thankful for all you have done for this community.
AGAIN, ANYTHING that causes this much CONTROVERSY can in no way be in the game's best interests, it just can't.

I think there's pros and cons to trading, and I haven't really formed an opinion. However, trading would be optional and you wouldn't have to use it. I agree that it might make people get bored easily, but the opposite is true as well. People might stop playing when they come to the realization that they could loot for months and not get anything of worth.

I can't speak for everyone else when I say this, but as fun as looting, leveling, etc are, I've always been drawn back to the game because of the community. More recently, the guild I'm in is the biggest reason I play.

I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, I just wanted to comment. I was actually hoping commenting would help me form an opinion. You're right, there are issues with trading being implemented and the devs would have to consider carefully.

Not losing 5, losing dozens of thousands.

Exactly. A world eater blade that you have been searching for months has no value, when people get them for free from very lucky people who got one as a repeat. For many people, this games main point is looting for a valuable inventory.

Trading is somewhat comparable to an exploit. No, it won't really harm you if other people get the most valuable items without effort, while you have been seeing a lot, a lot of effort for it, but the item just isn't that valuable anymore. Diamonds are very nice looking jewels, but their value doesn't really come from shine. No, it comes from rarity, that only few people have them. Is that silly or selfish? Perhaps. But that's just how it is.

The only possible upside to this is making it easier to rebuilding original POTCO inventories easier. Otherwise, just think of what this will inspire. Someone may hack the game to get unlimited weapons and open a sort of weapon black market. Is that what you want? Illegal weapon trafficking? And that's only the tip of the iceberg on why this idea is bad. I gotta stick with my fellow Archive looters on this: no trading.

If you don't want to trade, don't. Some people don't find killing super easy enemies for months at a time, unable to find the 3 or 4 things they actually want, to be "fun".
There's a sense of excitement that pushes you forward repeatedly killing enemies because you never know what could be around the corner. Trading would destroy that aspect and make looting even MORE boring.

There's a sense of excitement that pushes you forward repeatedly killing enemies because you never know what could be around the corner. Trading would destroy that aspect and make looting even MORE boring.
eh i really could care less about what loot i get...because nothing to me is better then the lv 21 gun i have :p endless venum 3 shots before reload

eh i really could care less about what loot i get...because nothing to me is better then the lv 21 gun i have :p endless venum 3 shots before reload
A stronger version of that weapon exists. However, I'm not even sure if it's programmed into TLOPO because I haven't seen it drop yet.

also to note since luck really isnt no my side i could traid a famed pistol i got that has one berral FOR that one above then me and the trader is happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back