Votes: 113 33.3%
  • Don't Care.

Votes: 28 8.3%
  • No.

Votes: 198 58.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with the trading on famed and legendary items for sure. Nothing beats the excitement of finally getting that one you been searching for after a lot of grinding. Trade clothing and common and even rares all day thats cool but keep the uniqueness of the famed and legendaries by soulbounding them to your character.

@Stormtimbers "Kept out of chats? How else are you supposed to advertise your trade?"

Kept out of local and guild chats.... put in a trade channel or a auction house. To prevent spamming. Have you played other mmo's? LOL

@Stormtimbers "Kept out of chats? How else are you supposed to advertise your trade?"

Kept out of local and guild chats.... put in a trade channel or a auction house. To prevent spamming. Have you played other mmo's? LOL

tl;dr at the bottom

Exactly! Ever played TERA or Path of Exile or games of the sort? Good luck using public chat with the hundreds of people spamming B: +5 Crazy Awesome Weapon | S: +5 Not Crazy but Awesome Weapon. All day, all night. Everywhere you go. That's another reason why I disagree with the trading aspect, you're gonna start seeing guilds specifically for trading, they are gonna sit in one spot all day doing just that and not actually playing.

People will purposely go on ships doing mat runs and ruin the fun and roleplay by spamming all the wonderful trinkets you could be buying from them instead of looting. There will be plenty of guild hopping so they can spam their wares to the guild, leave and find another one to join and do the same. Legendaries that can only be found at certain locations i.e Tormenta would have one merchant sitting in the gold room waiting for someone to go looting there and then tell them "I have that exact weapon, why not do business instead of wasting time here?". Maybe I'm looking too much in to it as far as TLOPO but I'm just talking based on past experiences.

Granted, if you're a max level character who has done all, seen all, I can see becoming a merchant as a hobby to keep things from getting stale but at the same time I've seen trading completely ruin the entire point of what the specific mmo was supposed to be about all because players are more concerned about power, money and controlling the market than they are about trying to enjoy the game as it was intended.

I'm not trying to say that you shouldn't do what you enjoy doing on a game that you play, that defeats the purpose of playing at all of course but I'd really hate to see this wonderful game infested with merchant extremists who do absolutely nothing but pollute a server with their "business". I know it's an over-exaggeration and pretty irrelevant to this game by bringing up steam mmos with trading but there are, en masse, thousands upon thousands of people who utilize self-made websites to buy, sell and trade for real life currency. Hell, there are even thousands upon thousands of bots on steam scripted to buy for 0.01 USD and sell back for 0.02 USD just to try to profit off meaningless and pointless things as simple as trading cards but going in to all that is heavily digressing on the purpose of this post and I'll stop it there lol.

I believe that if the developers have their heart set on introducing a trading aspect to TLOPO, what I think could be a really good way to even it all out and keep the spamming at a minimum and keep things from getting polluted would be to add one more server to the list. Simply a trading server. Remember how the SOTL was put in to the test servers for people to mess with? Maybe they could try that route and have a server that has all the trading aspects separate from Abassa and the rest of the server. Want to trade? Go to "Tradessa(Lol or whatever it would be named)", do your trading and hop back on the regular server. The trading server would be the only one that allows the options for trading, buying and selling to another pirate. It might not stop all the shop owner's advertising on regular servers but it would help keep the chats from being spammed to death.

TL:DR - Prevent the pollution of trade extremists by adding in their own little server to do business on and when they are done they can go back to the regular server and play normally again.

Last edited:

As a matter of fact, I have played other MMOs. Maybe instead of laughing you should make your future posts specific in any way at all to avoid misunderstandings.

I disagree with the trading on famed and legendary items for sure. Nothing beats the excitement of finally getting that one you been searching for after a lot of grinding. Trade clothing and common and even rares all day thats cool but keep the uniqueness of the famed and legendaries by soulbounding them to your character.
Honestly I have no idea how the point has not gotten across to the anti-trading mob.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRADE.
IF PEOPLE WANT TO TRADE FOR LEGENDARY AND FAMED ITEMS THEY CAN.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PARTICIPATE.

As a matter of fact, I have played other MMOs. Maybe instead of laughing you should make your future posts specific in any way at all to avoid misunderstandings.

Honestly I have no idea how the point has not gotten across to the anti-trading mob.

YOU DON'T HAVE TO TRADE.
IF PEOPLE WANT TO TRADE FOR LEGENDARY AND FAMED ITEMS THEY CAN.
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PARTICIPATE.
Some of them want to show off or they simply think people should go and grind to get good stuff

honestly i think most of you are being pretty silly and over looking the bigger picture.

we already looted the great items once, so why the extra trouble to regain what we already worked for?

as a grade A looter and plunderer i fully support the trade system concept, at least ways for a remake of something we already did once. (its kind of like the struggle to regain admiral rank, it bites because some of us already went through it once before. but we're stuck with the frustration all over again)

trading will help looters regain lost goods without the strain of reclaiming what they already had especially where legendary is concerned.

This guy's point was that players should have the "excitement" of getting a famed weapon. I guess he can't comprehend that not everyone wants to play the game the same way he does.

Cant comprehend? Its a public forum post and i am speaking my piece on the topic of the post. I dont see why you are getting triggered over somebody disagreeing with you.

Look, dude. Lets just agree to disagree and drive on. My point was simply that trading (in my OPINION) famed and legendaries would take away the awesome feeling of obtaining something that is difficult to get. It isnt a show off thing.. But an accomplishment thing.

I just think that trading items that were designed to be difficult to obtain is equivalent to getting a "Thanks for trying" trophy in a competition and standing next to the 1st place winner. Why try to get to the top when you get a trophy no matter what?

Trading isnt going to keep me from playing. If it happens, it happens. Im just saying how i feel about it.

EDIT: Actually dude y'know what I'm not the arguing type. You win. I'm all for trading. Not even being sarcastic.

Last edited:
Cant comprehend? Its a public forum post and i am speaking my piece on the topic of the post. I dont see why you are getting triggered over somebody disagreeing with you.

Look, dude. Lets just agree to disagree and drive on. My point was simply that trading (in my OPINION) famed and legendaries would take away the awesome feeling of obtaining something that is difficult to get. It isnt a show off thing.. But an accomplishment thing.

I just think that trading items that were designed to be difficult to obtain is equivalent to getting a "Thanks for trying" trophy in a competition and standing next to the 1st place winner. Why try to get to the top when you get a trophy no matter what?

Trading isnt going to keep me from playing. If it happens, it happens. Im just saying how i feel about it.

EDIT: Actually dude y'know what I'm not the arguing type. You win. I'm all for trading. Not even being sarcastic.

Well that took quite the spin.

Look, dude. Lets just agree to disagree and drive on. My point was simply that trading (in my OPINION) famed and legendaries would take away the awesome feeling of obtaining something that is difficult to get.
I understand that it is your opinion, but I have made the same points countless times in this thread and no one has responded to them or offered any rebuttal. When people bypass a point in a discussion, I assume that they either don't understand the point or don't have a counterpoint.

I do think that trading should be added but only if something comes along with it: Crafting.

Players would loot for materials and craft unique items that would then be put up for trading. However, there's a catch. Only items that have been crafted would be put up for trading. Famed and Legendary items wouldn't be able to be crafted or traded. Now it might be a great idea to put common and commonly "rare" items up for trading so that players can break them down into materials to craft better items.

So on one hand, you'll now have looters that can continue to loot for that Legendary sword, without having to worry about grinding for months on end when someone can just go and buy it; and on the other hand you can have people trade items that they have crafted in return for another item or even gold.

You could make an auction house for that, set your price and see if anyone will buy it. But that would create an economy system within the game and that might be too complex for a simple game as this.

I do think that trading should be added but only if something comes along with it: Crafting.

Players would loot for materials and craft unique items that would then be put up for trading. However, there's a catch. Only items that have been crafted would be put up for trading. Famed and Legendary items wouldn't be able to be crafted or traded. Now it might be a great idea to put common and commonly "rare" items up for trading so that players can break them down into materials to craft better items.

So on one hand, you'll now have looters that can continue to loot for that Legendary sword, without having to worry about grinding for months on end when someone can just go and buy it; and on the other hand you can have people trade items that they have crafted in return for another item or even gold.

You could make an auction house for that, set your price and see if anyone will buy it. But that would create an economy system within the game and that might be too complex for a simple game as this.
Famed and legendary weapons are the main things that we would want to be traded. Rare and common items are easier to get and are almost useless late-game. Trading needs to be without restrictions. Any weapon can be traded for any other weapon. There is no valid reason that this system should not be implemented.

Famed and legendary weapons are the main things that we would want to be traded. Rare and common items are easier to get and are almost useless late-game. Trading needs to be without restrictions. Any weapon can be traded for any other weapon. There is no valid reason that this system should not be implemented.

This.

If I fought the same boss over and over again with the same group of friends, and I was the only one to get the drop someone else wanted, I feel like I should be able to give them that weapon if I don't need it. You already have proven you can kill the boss, then it is only up to RNG whether you get that Legendary or not.

I have never been a fan of restricted trading in any game honestly. It isn't like this game even has an economy to worry about either. If anything, a trading system would actually create an economy, which I see nothing wrong with.

I know there are plenty of people who want trading because they've been searching for so long for a weapon or clothing item that they just can't seem to find, and they want to be able to just purchase said item so they can finally have it. Isn't the struggle of looting hours and hours for a weapon most of the fun? That moment when you finally get that prized item you've been looking for, there's nothing like it. The whole concept of looting will be forever tainted if trading is implemented.

I would love for them to add a balance system where the items being traded have to be equal in value. Then you dont have to have level 50s giving out famed swords to new players

I would love for them to add a balance system where the items being traded have to be equal in value. Then you dont have to have level 50s giving out famed swords to new players

new players have them..now what? they can not use them until they max out the sword level

1. That would not happen nearly as often as a lot of people in this thread seem to think
2. It doesn't matter if a level 1 has a famed sword because they can't use it until a lot later anyway

Read the OP. All I can think of is who gives? What do you care if people purchased/traded for a weapon rather than looted for it?

If you add trading, every good item is given to a player. None of them will ever be trashed. Now, in the past week, how many people do you think have found a famed or legendary in a week? Let's be generous and say 100 famed are found in a week by ALL PLAYERS. That's 3 players will FULL FAMED INVENTORY (Max inventory is 34 + 1 sailing item). That means... EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. 3 people will have a FULL. FAMED. INVENTORY. Now, let's do the math more.... (Yay!) in a month. 9 people will have full famed inventory. In a half a year, 54 players will have full famed inventory. In a YEAR 108 players will have a FULL FAMED INVENTORY. Let's not even talk about all the legendary?!

So answer me THIS. In a year of playing this game.... would you want every, single, pirate to have the same inventory as you? Full Brights, Full Famed, All Legendary? Would you even come back onto the game? Show off your Admiral's, World Eater Blade? If someone could just trade it from a friend and use it themselves?

I stand behind my statement, if Trading is released, the game will die. Period.

So answer me THIS. In a year of playing this game.... would you want every, single, pirate to have the same inventory as you? Full Brights, Full Famed, All Legendary? Would you even come back onto the game? Show off your Admiral's, World Eater Blade? If someone could just trade it from a friend and use it themselves?
This would not happen at all. People don't just get three legendary weapons in a week unless they really grind, with or without trading. You need something to trade for that legendary weapon, therefore you need to put in the work to get something to trade for it. These extremely rare weapons like the World Eater Blade would not just be something that is owned by everybody. They are still very rare.

Second, this game has been out for less than a year and a lot of people already do have full brights and many famed weapons. So if they have items that they don't really like, why should they not be able to trade them for something that they do want, like a famed dagger when they have famed guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back