Votes: 113 33.3%
  • Don't Care.

Votes: 28 8.3%
  • No.

Votes: 198 58.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So answer me THIS. In a year of playing this game.... would you want every, single, pirate to have the same inventory as you? Full Brights, Full Famed, All Legendary? Would you even come back onto the game? Show off your Admiral's, World Eater Blade? If someone could just trade it from a friend and use it themselves?

yeah I really wouldn't care. if they got enough gold to pay all that off they deserve it!

If you add trading, every good item is given to a player. None of them will ever be trashed. Now, in the past week, how many people do you think have found a famed or legendary in a week? Let's be generous and say 100 famed are found in a week by ALL PLAYERS. That's 3 players will FULL FAMED INVENTORY (Max inventory is 34 + 1 sailing item). That means... EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. 3 people will have a FULL. FAMED. INVENTORY. Now, let's do the math more.... (Yay!) in a month. 9 people will have full famed inventory. In a half a year, 54 players will have full famed inventory. In a YEAR 108 players will have a FULL FAMED INVENTORY. Let's not even talk about all the legendary?!

So answer me THIS. In a year of playing this game.... would you want every, single, pirate to have the same inventory as you? Full Brights, Full Famed, All Legendary? Would you even come back onto the game? Show off your Admiral's, World Eater Blade? If someone could just trade it from a friend and use it themselves?

I stand behind my statement, if Trading is released, the game will die. Period.

To your first statement, I have a Light Yellow Linen Puffy Shirt, that begs to differ. Secondly, I don't really think your math all adds up properly. First, you're assuming that there will consistently be 100 famed items found in a week. While, true, that is a generous number, it's certainly not going to be consistently that much. Some weeks you may have more or less, it's that famous "x" variable we're always taught in math class. Then, on top of that, you're assuming that everyone with a famed meet somewhere, and give one person all the famed items they find, to fill that persons inventory. That most definitely, will NOT happen. I would like to give you a friendly reminder, that not everyone plays this game, to get on every day, and left click on a boss for 8 hours straight. I personally, couldn't care less about looting. I sail, because I love TLOPO's sailing mechanics, and I like upgrading my ships. I know what you're gonna say though, "Oh Jack, that's looting too!" Sure, technically it is, but I really don't do it for the loot. I do it for the gold, and for the materials. If I get something good in my loot, great, if not? Oh well, no big deal. You're blowing the possible trading problems way out of proportion. And honestly, I really couldn't care less how many people have famed gear in their inventory. It's their account, their life, they can play the game how they like, just like I'd like to continue playing the game the way I like. Feel free to stand behind your statement on trading, but I honestly don't think it could be farther from accurate. Trading would introduce a living breathing aspect to this game, that ISN'T a player. Something that fluctuates, and changes based on various events in the game. Trading would not hurt TLOPO in any way, and the only way it will, is if you let it. :)

Not sure if this has been mentioned before - but what about the SvS / PvP items? Can't someone abuse the fact that they're exclusive to certain ranks and keep selling them for high prices or in return for materials? Will the items be modified so they're restricted to ranks similar to how some weapons require a level to wield?

This isn't an argument for or against trading, just something I was wondering.

Hey guys, I figured I would just throw my two cents into the whole trading debate, is it a good idea, or a bad idea?

It's a bad idea.

Trading is going to be a disaster.

If they implement trading into the game, it's going to cause camping. If you have camping widespread on mobs that are known to drop good loot, good luck getting quests done because people that don't like questing will probably be farming your loot mobs for gold.

All it takes is one guild obsessed with some item, and you might not be able to get it without paying them for it if they have that mob locked down.

Multiple servers won't matter with 500 man guilds.

If they implement trading into the game, it's going to cause camping. If you have camping widespread on mobs that are known to drop good loot, good luck getting quests done because people that don't like questing will probably be farming your loot mobs for gold.

All it takes is one guild obsessed with some item, and you might not be able to get it without paying them for it if they have that mob locked down.

Multiple servers won't matter with 500 man guilds.
There are already certain places where everyone goes if they want to loot. Gold room, thrall room, Smasho, Darkhart. Trading is not going to have an effect on that.

There are already certain places where everyone goes if they want to loot. Gold room, thrall room, Smasho, Darkhart. Trading is not going to have an effect on that.

It will because now people won't be going just for themselves and then stopping, there will be entire guilds trying to lock places down so they can sell the loot or get everyone in their guild a certain item.

Seen it happen before many times in other games. Mark my words it will happen here.

It will because now people won't be going just for themselves and then stopping, there will be entire guilds trying to lock places down so they can sell the loot or get everyone in their guild a certain item.

Seen it happen before many times in other games. Mark my words it will happen here.
Then how about we test that theory :)

Not sure if this has been mentioned before - but what about the SvS / PvP items? Can't someone abuse the fact that they're exclusive to certain ranks and keep selling them for high prices or in return for materials? Will the items be modified so they're restricted to ranks similar to how some weapons require a level to wield?

I would imagine that you would still need the rank to acquire those items. Some form of a script that says "If player SvS level isn't X, they cannot obtain Y items"

At least that's my two cents :)

That's not something I would call abuse though, that's just marketing, and earning the ability to do so. Think of games where you need a certain skill level to craft a certain item - is it abuse to sell those items? Nope! For players that want those items but hate PvP, they'd be willing to pay for it, and that's just supply and demand.

yes i would because i am playing this game for sailing, not looting i could careless if people have the same weapons i do..

I stand behind my statement, if Trading is released, the game will die. Period.
will sailing die as well with looting? because i sail to just have fun and sink ships so how would it die if traiding is added in?

That's not something I would call abuse though, that's just marketing, and earning the ability to do so. Think of games where you need a certain skill level to craft a certain item - is it abuse to sell those items? Nope! For players that want those items but hate PvP, they'd be willing to pay for it, and that's just supply and demand.
I disagree. This is comparable to allowing low level pirates to wield legendary swords requiring them to be mastered in the sword skill when they’re not. If they don’t have the rank required to use the item - they shouldn’t be allowed to wear it. They can store it in their inventory until they reach the levels required - but in this context it’s useless, isn’t it...

I disagree. This is comparable to allowing low level pirates to wield legendary swords requiring them to be mastered in the sword skill when they’re not. If they don’t have the rank required to use the item - they shouldn’t be allowed to wear it. They can store it in their inventory until they reach the levels required - but in this context it’s useless, isn’t it...
The items can still have level restrictions, but higher restrictions to be able to obtain them "naturally". For example a high quality sword could still be a level 25 requirement to wield even if another player gives it to you, while still requiring a high PvP rank to obtain from any source other than another player.

This is how MMO's have done it for literally decades.

The items can still have level restrictions, but higher restrictions to be able to obtain them "naturally". For example a high quality sword could still be a level 25 requirement to wield even if another player gives it to you, while still requiring a high PvP rank to obtain from any source other than another player.

This is how MMO's have done it for literally decades.
In this case, upon leveling the SvS/PvP rank, the items can be purchased cheaply from an in-game vendor. There'd be no reason to trade them in the first place - thus undermining your whole "people who hate PvP" supply/demand argument.

In this case, upon leveling the SvS/PvP rank, the items can be purchased cheaply from an in-game vendor. There'd be no reason to trade them in the first place - thus undermining your whole "people who hate PvP" supply/demand argument.
The point is that if someone really dislikes PvP but really wants one of the PvP items, they can trade for it instead of slogging through hours of something they hate doing.

No, the item requires a level rank (such as 25 sword) to equip, but to unlock for vendor purchase you need a high PvP rank.
Therefore people who hate PvP can still obtain the item, and the people who earned the vendor purchase can sell for profit to those players.

The point is that if someone really dislikes PvP but really wants one of the PvP items, they can trade for it instead of slogging through hours of something they hate doing.

It shouldn't work that way. These items are rewarded to individuals with "x" infamy and are reflective of your current or past infamy level. The people who grind and "slog" through hours of PvP and SvS might not appreciate that.

No, the item requires a level rank (such as 25 sword) to equip, but to unlock for vendor purchase you need a high PvP rank.
Therefore people who hate PvP can still obtain the item, and the people who earned the vendor purchase can sell for profit to those players.
The items can still have level restrictions

Are your posts contradictory to each other or am I not understanding your overall point? If so, can you rephrase this part:

For example a high quality sword could still be a level 25 requirement to wield even if another player gives it to you, while still requiring a high PvP rank to obtain from any source other than another player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back