Tip Windows 10 problem and workaround

PirateJasonS

Site Founder
Hello. I just got a new laptop with Windows 10 on it. When I downloaded/installed the game and tried to play, I got an error when the game would try to start (after I clicked the Play button). This was my error (which took many tries to capture in a screenshot due to how fast it went away).
TLOPO Error.png

This just appeared for a split second then nothing would happen. Nothing was logged during this either. Upon checking the files they were there.

Thanks to someone in the IRC, I found out that the file directory was weird. It was /TLOPO/resources/resources/default/phase_2.mf... so to fix this I just cut and pasted the "default" file from the second resources file to the first, and deleted the second one. It crashed the first time I ran it (in the background), and worked fine when I retried. So it seems that this fix worked..

Redownloading the files from the TLOPO website didn't fix this for me. And when I went into the IRC someone else was having the same issue. I'm not sure if this is a new issue or an ongoing one but I hope it can be fixed for future versions.

Wait so if this is a problem for me what I'd I do? I'm sorry its not quite so clearly stated, my friend. Or I'm insanely exhausted.

The file directory looks like this:
C:\TLOPO\resources\resources\default

There's too many "\resources\" in there. Cut and paste the "default" folder and its contents into the previous "resources" folder, so that it's like this instead:
C:\TLOPO\resources\default

Then once you reopen the launcher, it'll run an update and download 4 items. What it's doing is putting back the files that you removed from their original location. But it's fine, because the one you moved will stay there, and allow the game to run. Hope I explained it a little better. If you're still confused and want screenshots let me know.

Edit: Now that I think about it, it might actually be a better idea to copy-paste rather than cut-paste. Then maybe it won't have to go through the process of re-downloading the 4 files you moved.

I wasnt sure to make a new topic or post in here because it's something to do with Windows 10 I think?

I have windows 10 and I've tried reinstalling it and unistalling it as well but for a few days now I get this message when I try to connect to the server?

http://imgur.com/sgmQfG3

Any help would be nice

I wasnt sure to make a new topic or post in here because it's something to do with Windows 10 I think?

I have windows 10 and I've tried reinstalling it and unistalling it as well but for a few days now I get this message when I try to connect to the server?

Any help would be nice
I don't think that issue is related to this one, only because the game actually starts for you.
@Mike Wass, can you help her please?

Any help would be nice
I'd need to see the black window that's there with the game window.

Replying to this assuming you're still having an SSL issue.

If you're still unable to connect, I'd either reboot your router or have someone with some technical intuition look into what your router settings are because your computer >usually< doesn't handle encryption while your router/wireless access point would.

Sorry, that's not much help but hopefully gets you pointed at least as to where to look for the issue.

I'll need you to open a command prompt, which can be done by searching in your programs for "Cmd" then opening it. I'll need you to type as follows:

ping 104.131.243.194

Let me know what results you get from that ping test. That should establish whether or not you're able to connect with the server at all.

Any help would be nice

I have the same problem, windows ten newly installed on my laptop. Ah, well, please let me know when you guys fix this, looks like I may not be able to play tonight, and I was really looking forward to it. Thanks, and hope it goes well! Don't know enough about computers, but since it is an encryption problem, I think that either means its a software bug, or something with the server (probably also a software bug) either way, it's not an easy fix, matter of fact, I don't have a clue how to fix it in the slightest. Sorry, wish I could be of help. And I could be completely wrong about the software part, just was throwing that out there. Thanks for working so hard on the game everyone, can't wait to enjoy it!

Back