Worst GM Events?

Gastro

Notorious Pirate
I decided to make this thread to see how many people have had bad GM encounters before. Anyway, I'll start:

There was a Raven's Cove event where a GM would join a large group of pirates and take out Rage Ghosts together. The GM that came to us was a woman I can't remember. (She used voodoo, though. I remember that.) The GM was knocked out at one point and I revived her. For some reason, people were calling me lucky. I don't get how reviving a GM made me lucky, but I just went with it. I bet you're wondering right now: "Isn't this supposed to be a Worst GM Events thread?" I'm getting to the worst part.

Almost the entire group of pirates requested that we go into the mines with her. She said exactly: "Aye, let's go to the mines!" Everyone was happy and all of them had gone through (including me) ahead of the GM. When we got inside, we waited a couple minutes and realized she still wasn't in the mines. We realized in the crew, it said "Disconnected" for the GM! We knew it most likely wasn't an internet problem being that the GM was probably one of the nearest to Disney's servers. Many pirates got angry, saying things like, "SHE DITCHED US". I didn't get that angry, just disappointed that a GM would do something like this. (But, then again, you never know. It could have just been that she lost connection. That said, the GM could've just come back if that was the case.)

That's my story. What are yours?

I was at Tortuga on a deserted server. Then all of the sudden a GM chat message appeared with some random developer/GM command that the GM either failed to type right, or the game was broken so that it put it into public chat. Also another time I was at Cuba with a bunch of friends and one of the ghost GMs appeared... Only he wasn't a ghost... He was just a human, I guess he forgot to morph into ghost mode. :facepalm:

Worst Gm event? I'd have to say the last Feats of Strength that ever happened.
I had signed up for it when sign ups were open I picked a day and a time. When that day came, Me and a few of my guildies were so excited we all sailed to devils anvil a few minutes before it even started, When we got there the GM lady (Don't quite remember her name) was already there and there was already a crowd. She started asking who had signed up for this race, Me and a few others said ' I did' and once it was time for her to crew up, She crewed people who hadn't signed up instead of us that signed up for it... I asked for her to crew me and told her that I had signed up again and She said 'Sorry you were late and these people already asked to volunteer..'
I was so mad...

Worst Gm event? I'd have to say the last Feats of Strength that ever happened.
I had signed up for it when sign ups were open I picked a day and a time. When that day came, Me and a few of my guildies were so excited we all sailed to devils anvil a few minutes before it even started, When we got there the GM lady (Don't quite remember her name) was already there and there was already a crowd. She started asking who had signed up for this race, Me and a few others said ' I did' and once it was time for her to crew up, She crewed people who hadn't signed up instead of us that signed up for it... I asked for her to crew me and told her that I had signed up again and She said 'Sorry you were late and these people already asked to volunteer..'
I was so mad...

Dang, I would not want that GM hosting a sports event or anything like that. o_o

I did a flagship event with a GM once. I thought he was rather quiet for a GM, I would think that they would be interested in meeting players and getting to know the community. I just thought it was a little odd.

I saw Pete Abred on Tortuga before the GM event where you had to look for the ghosts and the first person to find them based on a clue got a prize. I said "Hey Pete" but he just got on his ship and left! Guess he was busy lol

I remember a time when my guild and I visited Raven's Cove and found several GMs talking to people shortly after the addition of the island. Several people got mad that the GMs were "controlling" the red ghosts to knock them out. So people started questioning them pretty harshly, then I remember one of them saying that "Yep, you're right, because we can really control the AI of these ghosts at the moment". I could tell he was pretty mad with the accusations. Maybe people got too excited and the poor guys took it the wrong way.

Back