Would You Like Pirates Forums To Provide Exclusive Promotions?

Would you like pirates forums to have exclusive promotions?

• Yes

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said no, bc i believe in equality of the members here on site. Im afraid that such title as founders can have a negative influence on the democracy on a site like this. In game its different bc its about getting, better winning and so on and the founders there are someone to look up to in the matter of gaming. But here all statements should count in the threads, its not about being exclusive, but simply just having something to say as a person.

with love and caring for all people regardles age and gender.

I said no, bc i believe in equality of the members here on site. Im afraid that such title as founders can have a negative influence on the democracy on a site like this. In game its different bc its about getting, better winning and so on and the founders there are someone to look up to in the matter of gaming. But here all statements should count in the threads, its not about being exclusive, but simply just having something to say as a person.

with love and caring for all people regardles age and gender.

A girl after my own hart, well said!

I am entirely for. The founder idea poll deleted - i think - earlier was a great idea.

Haven't voted yet, I see the founder title under Treasurers name. By exclusive promotions what are we talking about specifically? Are we talking about titles granted to paid vs free access members? Are we talking about promotions given for post rank on the board similar to the trophy system?

Haven't voted yet, I see the founder title under Treasurers name. By exclusive promotions what are we talking about specifically? Are we talking about titles granted to paid vs free access members? Are we talking about promotions given for post rank on the board similar to the trophy system?
Yes all these sort of things. Things that make some pirates standout because of something they earned, obtained or got incentified for. Such as ranks, titles, whatever. other than the trophies.

Well you cant say you earned something just bc you've been there on the right time (becoming a founder being one of the first 200)

Thats where i see the different, the trophy system is something everybody can earn regardless when they arrived at the forum.

I don't see why it wouldn't be a good idea, I mean, we have rankings now,.... like how we start out with noob and stuff, and I mean, we would be earning it right? No harm in that.

Well if its a matter of titles granted for Paid vs Free access members I'm not really in favor of that. I've been involved with sites using those type of systems and generally what you end up with are a small group of members a "Club" if you will, who have purchased "Special Status" vs everyone else on the board. Sometimes this leads to "social issues" on the site. In some cases with the paid members attempting to "Buy" influence with the site admin. This site shouldn't need to go that route, depending upon how you're setup with your hosting etc... as the site grows and gains rank in the search engines those google ads should begin covering the cost of operations. Titles for post rank now thats another issue and there are pros and cons to that. For example on my site, I have one fellow with over 50K posts he earned his rank. His posts all have quality content to them. I've seen others who would sign on and spam up the board making 2K posts a day, posting nothing more than a smiley to every thread on the board in order to gain rank. The way your current trophy system here is set up negates this sort of thing happening with the smiley posters. Posts are valued not only by the number of posts made by a user but also by whether or not the content of those posts is "Liked" by other users. A good system IMO. So in terms of exclusive promotions such as titles and awards. I'm in favor of them so long as this isn't factored into Paid vs Free memberships.

Paid membership is not a play here. Just plain and simple "exclusivities", that you can get, for whatever you did right. Or for "incentive" on "first come first served" basis, and "Special Promotions" and such as.

All members are and will continue to be treated as a valued members no matter what.

And the reason we are proposing this is not to "exclude" anyone but to "promote" the high performing members and incentivize current members. and promote "growth"

Humm, tough call, its walking a fine line if you ask me, but it looks to me like this is a place to just come and chat and get to know each other better and talk more in depth about the game, im not really sure what would be accomplished by doing this.

Humm, tough call, its walking a fine line if you ask me, but it looks to me like this is a place to just come and chat and get to know each other better and talk more in depth about the game, im not really sure what would be accomplished by doing this.
LOL. I understand you don't understand much yet, you gotta come on more and stay in the loop ;)

I think that having an incentive gives you something to work for :)

Having a title under your name should not affect the equality of people in the forum. You will still have the site administration in place, and they should be the ones to make sure all is kept fair when it comes to forum issues. While we all have thoughts and ideas, the bottom line comes down to the administration. If the administration breaks down and shows favor to certain people, then that is the admin's fault, not the player for having a title.

I agree with Star. The founder rank, or any other promotion of that kind, doesn't change member equality.

I agree with Star. I think incentives are great. I think that would help with more activity on the forums as well as growth. Incentive programs are used all over for this reason.

As for rewards like you have now with post numbers Red comes up with a very good point. There are many people who will neglect this and post just a smiley or something not of value to the thread.

I think this will bring out the competitive side of people and make them thrive for the "reward/insentive" therefore bringing more activity to the forums.

So, needless to say I voted yes. I think this would benefit the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back