Would you want a Ship of the line as a possible player ship?

Discussion in 'TLOPO Ships and Sailing' started by JOSHU4, Jul 11, 2017.

?

Would you want a ship of the line as a player ship?

1. Yes

54.0%
  2. No

46.0%
  1. TheCoolCon

TheCoolCon Honorable Pirate

True. I was just desperate.

2. caption crash

caption crash Swashbuckler

How is it game breaking I think it be a neat addition to the game but that's my opinion

3. Jack Firesteel

Jack Firesteel Notorious Pirate

I feel if a SotL were to be added, like I said on page 2 it couldn't possibly be some all powerful death machine like everyone seems to think. They have no implemented repair stations, and are so massive that trying to get anywhere on the ship would take ages. Also having no upgrades while having a prohibitively expensive initial purchase price.
    For those who think it would still be broken for use in SvS, it could be implemented where there is a max number of SotL's per side at a time. Could that work?
    I mean, I don't think that the SotL is needed, but I wouldn't mind seeing more types of player ships.

4. Veronica Ventrue

Veronica Ventrue Dockworker

Hell no, that would be bad because they would have it and not us.

5. Maus

Maus Honorable Pirate

The Designs for the upgrades are already in the game.

6. Justin333

Justin333 Swashbuckler

What they really should fix in this game is the ordinary ships.
    What do they need to do instead of releasing ship of the line?

Ships Edits -

War Brig: Give it a 600+ armor boost in the back, armor now 12600, since the back is a huge target in SVS and makes the ship do badly. Make it cost only 60 grand. Get the facts right at the shipwright too! Seriously, it says it has 22 broadsides and 14 deck cannons, which is a lie. Should be 24 and 12.

War Frigate: Get rid of the weakness in the back, add 400 more armor to that section. Armor now 13000. A frigate does not have this back weakness in real life, and in fact no sailing warship back then was especially weak in any area. Sheesh.

War Galleon: Give it 12500 armor, evened out across the ship, right behind my suggestions for war frigate and brig. This ship should be more durable since the Black Pearl is actually an East Indiaman Galleon, in the same family, and takes a hit well. Pearl is also fast as a galleon. Make War Galleon's top speed 9 knots instead of 8. Get rid of a weakness in the front and make the armor more even. Get the facts right. Thanks.

p.s. These changes won't be enough to make War Galleon the best in SVS, but they will make it do much better and will make it the best material and loot run ship, which is as it should be. Right now it sinks way too much.

War Sloop: Even out the armor, like on war brig, and give it 200 more armor spread across the ship to compensate. This thing is already OP as a small target so a huge armor boost isn't necessary.