Would you want a Ship of the line as a possible player ship?

Would you want a ship of the line as a player ship?

• Total voters

caption crash

Buccaneer
max gold is very easy to get if you just loot at bosses on tormenta. doesn't take long to get at all.

tlopo has half that many registered players but yeah, we definitely need more sailing content but i think we could do with some better content rather than the devs just implementing an npc ship for us to own. I still think that the SOTL should be restricted to the navy, EITC and devs to keep it interesting as if its added to the game as a personal ship, everyone would be using it.

The ship is very large and ugly, but if it were to be implemented it would be much better if it was added as a sort of guild ship that a guild could build up and upgrade over time by pooling resources. Would be a lot more interesting and fun. This has been suggested by a few different people including Lord Gold Air above.

As for the lack of sailing content, there's still a new ship type on the way that has been shown many times, the Carrack. And figureheads are in early development as well
Oh really word I'm down for a carrack I just want new sailing content cause that's all I ever do

Makes sense but all i think if it was put out so everyone could buy one it make it more user friend not everyone wants to join a guild some people like me just wanna have fun with friends I see you point
Don't get me wrong - having SOTL would be pretty cool individually and would be fun to mess around with - but my worry is about keeping the game interest alive, and keeping the game balanced and keeping it challenging so that people do still find that hint of interest. I'm almost positive that if the Navy Fleet lined up some of their best ships - and on the other side of the ocean saw 1000+ Pirate Owned SOTL ships - they would purposefully light off all of their explosive rounds on board, sinking themselves - just to avoid having to deal with that.
So you mean like the top 3 major guilds like having 300 plus members
I wouldn't say that the top 3 major guilds would be the only guilds to have these ships, but certainly guilds that conjure up a ton of effort and manage to keep up their guild activity would be able to use this feature if it were to ever come out. It also somewhat gives some incentive for active players who are in "small" or "dead" guilds - to expand outward and find an active guild with more people if they so choose. Game can get somewhat boring if you're the only one online in a guild for a month at a time I would presume you know?

caption crash

Buccaneer
Don't get me wrong - having SOTL would be pretty cool individually and would be fun to mess around with - but my worry is about keeping the game interest alive, and keeping the game balanced and keeping it challenging so that people do still find that hint of interest. I'm almost positive that if the Navy Fleet lined up some of their best ships - and on the other side of the ocean saw 1000+ Pirate Owned SOTL ships - they would purposefully light off all of their explosive rounds on board, sinking themselves - just to avoid having to deal with that.

I wouldn't say that the top 3 major guilds would be the only guilds to have these ships, but certainly guilds that conjure up a ton of effort and manage to keep up their guild activity would be able to use this feature if it were to ever come out. It also somewhat gives some incentive for active players who are in "small" or "dead" guilds - to expand outward and find an active guild with more people if they so choose. Game can get somewhat boring if you're the only one online in a guild for a month at a time I would presume you know?
Makes sense I've been on the receiving end of that was in deja Vu guild and am the only one on everyday

Makes sense I've been on the receiving end of that was in deja Vu guild and am the only one on everyday
There are a ton of good guilds, that are also large willing to take people in and help players out and they have a ton of resources that lower level pirates are able to use like leveling tips - certain maps that show locations of specific mobs - it's great, but only so long as those resources are being used, and that effort isn't going to waste.

Chris NightCore™

Pirate Lord
First I would like to say I love the idea but Nah, (SOTL) Ship of the Line should remain as it is.
Yes, I agree to have a ''Monstrous'' ship like that will make the game interesting but also boring because enemy ships are somewhat weaker anyway.

but if you guys want a ''New'' ship we should probably wait to see IF ( big IF ) TLOPO Team decides to release The Carrack because it is on development but very unfinished.

Eric Sailcutter

Pirate Lord
First I would like to say I love the idea but Nah, (SOTL) Ship of the Line should remain as it is.
Yes, I agree to have a ''Monstrous'' ship like that will make the game interesting but also boring because enemy ships are somewhat weaker anyway.

but if you guys want a ''New'' ship we should probably wait to see IF ( big IF ) TLOPO Team decides to release The Carrack because it is on development but very unfinished.
I don’t want a new ship type, I want more ships and more upgrade and customization options. In my opinion the SOTL just doesn’t fit with the other player ship types so even if it were working perfectly and had stats that made it reasonable for play I would still be against it.

Chris NightCore™

Pirate Lord
I don’t want a new ship type, I want more ships and more upgrade and customization options. In my opinion the SOTL just doesn’t fit with the other player ship types so even if it were working perfectly and had stats that made it reasonable for play I would still be against it.
Eric, I agree with your opinion and I respect it but new changes are always a good thing for a game.
I doubt they will give us more ship upgrades but probably they could revamp the enemy ships and make them a little bit harder.
SOTL was just for the Test server back then in POTCO and 1 time for an SVS event so no point to be released for use.

Eric Sailcutter

Pirate Lord
Eric, I agree with your opinion and I respect it but new changes are always a good thing for a game.
I doubt they will give us more ship upgrades but probably they could revamp the enemy ships and make them a little bit harder.
SOTL was just for the Test server back then in POTCO and 1 time for an SVS event so no point to be released for use.
They have introduced sail colors and emblems and have said that they are working on figureheads and the carrack so the developers are working on such things. I think lots of additional small upgrades, like an additional deck cannon, would be great rather than a whole new upgrade path. I’m also against the carrack as it was obsolete at the time setting of potco and replaced with the galleon which was pretty much superior in every way, why would anyone want a carrack when they could have a galleon? To my knowledge the SOTL was only briefly available on the potco test server by accident and Disney removed it immediately after discovering the error but decided to let anyone who had bought one keep it.

Chris NightCore™

Pirate Lord
They have introduced sail colors and emblems and have said that they are working on figureheads and the carrack so the developers are working on such things. I think lots of additional small upgrades, like an additional deck cannon, would be great rather than a whole new upgrade path. I’m also against the carrack as it was obsolete at the time setting of potco and replaced with the galleon which was pretty much superior in every way, why would anyone want a carrack when they could have a galleon? To my knowledge the SOTL was only briefly available on the potco test server by accident and Disney removed it immediately after discovering the error but decided to let anyone who had bought one keep it.
that is true :happy:
and IF they add the new features you mentioned I'd be happy too.
but I still want the Carrack! 😹